Scalp hurting

9MillaNina

Can someone please tell me if I'm tripping. When I was relaxed most of my life , I had problems with my scalp hurting badly, I decided to go natural and the pain went away the entire 3 yrs I was natural. Now that I'm back relaxed my scalp is completely hurting me so bad.. Anyone else has this problem, or know exactly what's the cause ???

Coffee

It sounds like you may be allergic to something in the relaxer. Are you using the same one you used before?

LexiDior

How long do you keep the relaxer in?? Do you have any burns from them?? what type of relaxer do you use i.e lye or no-lye??

9MillaNina

It sounds like you may be allergic to something in the relaxer. Are you using the same one you used before?

I was wondering that also. Yes, I've been using organic root stimulator I've only gotten 2 relaxers since going back straight.

9MillaNina

How long do you keep the relaxer in?? Do you have any burns from them?? what type of relaxer do you use i.e lye or no-lye??

It's no lye organic root stimulator, I leave it in about 15 minutes total. No burns what so ever. But I read that you should always start your relaxer a cm from the scalp. I normally perm directly from the scalp. I'm on to something here, wow do you think that can be a problem?

LexiDior

try basing your scalp with an oil or vaseline to protect it just in case relaxer fall onto your scalp. always apply relaxers on new growth only.

9MillaNina

try basing your scalp with an oil or vaseline to protect it just in case relaxer fall onto your scalp. always apply relaxers on new growth only.

Right, that's the most important step and I always miss it. Thank you so much, I'm def going to try to see if that the problem in all.