scabs on my scalp.....

Blackoutzangel05

Earlier this week I noticed that I had some scabs on my scalp. I haven't had a perm since Dec. and my scratching has not been all that intensive. Now that I have BC'ed I have found like 2 more. It's been 7 months since my last relaxer, is this scab hair? The only new thing in my regimen is the coconut Suave shampoo and conditioner that I have used twice. And I rollerset my hair and used the soft bonnet that was killing me hot, but I have never known a dryer to give you scabs. Could that have been the problem?

Thanks for all help and advice.

Blackoutzangel05

It might be that shampoo and conditioner....oh geesh I sure hope its not coconut since I just brought some Vatika coconut oil off of ebay...

Thanks!

Twisties

No prob. I have found over the years that certain products can cause just as much trouble as a relaxer for me. I remember when I first started out on the hair boards and reading all the information...there was a craze going on about evening primrose oil (EPO). So I mixed some EPO, and Aloe Vera Gel together and twisted my hair with it, hoping for what, I don't know (I think supposed softness or something can't even recall:look: ). BUT I do remember that my scalp was on FIRE :eek: and I had to go to a dermatologist ---it was bad reaction just like relaxers. Had to get an ointment from her to calm down the inflamation.

Blackoutzangel05

Wow that stinks..Imma go ahead and call it quits with the Suave and get back to my V05...should have never left what I know works wonders....

thanks Twisties!