Relaxer scabs

AZJeepgurl

It almost seems too ridiculous a question to start a post for, but I need to know if there is a better way for me to remove the scabs.

I know, I know! There shouldnt be any scabs to begin with. But the day before I got my relaxer, this one spot on the lower back area of my scalp just started itching like crazy out of nowhere. (Don't ya love how your scalp itches right before a touch up? Don't scratch!!!! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif).

Anyway, this is the only area that got burned because I rubbed (mind you, not scratched). So there's this scab. And the scab says.... Hahaha...no I'm just kidding.

The question: How in the world do I remove this thing? I usually just pick it and it pusses (sorry to be gross). I dont want to do that but at the same time, my hair is matted to it in that area /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

How do you ladies handle this minor dilemma?

Thanks in advance! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

pinkpanda_99

Hey AZS. Try using pure Aloe Vera Gel. I like Lily of the Desert. You can find it at most health food stores. This has helped me in my "I'm not gonna burn, because I'm just patting days" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Not only does it speed up the healing of the scalp and sore, but loosens the scab as well. HTHs!

adrienne0914

i agree with pink. Lily of the Desert is some good stuff! i never thought to use it for that, but we all know the healing properties of aloe vera. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
AZJeepgurl said:
The question: How in the world do I remove this thing? I usually just pick it and it pusses (sorry to be gross). I dont want to do that but at the same time, my hair is matted to it in that area /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

How do you ladies handle this minor dilemma?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally wouldn't pick or try to budge the hair or the scab in the area. As tempting as it may be I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif You gots ta leave it alone. Use something that's been recommended and maybe twice a day lightly apply the creme/oil to the area until it heals totally. If you remove it before it's healed up you may damage that little area of hair follicles permanently. Let it heal, dry up and flake off in it own time. Also try and stretch your next hair wash a day later or so, because you may not want to aggrivate a tender area of scalp before it heals properly

Crysdon

AZJeepgurl,
Please, please, please, do not pick at it. Rub it gently with aloe vera or vitamin e straight from the capsule.

Lindy

You can also try putting some Neosporin cream or ointment on it. That will heal it up really quickly! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

Lindy said:
You can also try putting some Neosporin cream or ointment on it. That will heal it up really quickly! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It's been almost forever since I had a burn from a relaxer touch up. When I did, I used Neosporin. It worked like a charm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Lindy said:
When I did, I used Neosporin. It worked like a charm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What is Neosporin exactly? Knowing my luck I bet I can't get any over here /images/graemlins/mad.gif (stupid england)

pebbles

You can find Neosporin in the first aid section or home health section of a supermarket. It comes in a small tube, boxed. It's excellent for burns and cuts of all types. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

Ld, here is what the box looks like.

LondonDiva

Thanks Pebbles and ArmyQT. Yet again I'm on the wrong damn continent. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I might just try a very mild antispetic cream that I have here.

AZJeepgurl

Thanks, everyone! I will buy both products because I may need each for different reasons. Hmmmm...off to the market now! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thanks, again!