ahhh SCALP SCABS

trackstar

Help!

I'm suffering from dry, scabby scalp. I'm talking full square-inch scabs around my temples. :blush: I know what instigated it - a blow-drying-happy stylist I visited last week - but there has to be a deeper root to this problem.

This is gross. Anyone have any short-term and long-term suggestions?

I've heard tea tree oil, I'm going to dab some of that on, but not sure what to do next.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
I don't have any suggestions but I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like that would hurt.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've never had scabs that large.... but my first thought is find another stylist. You shouldn't have anything THAT severe going on with your scalp unless it's chemical services. A tea tree blend should help some but you need vitamin E or aloe to help promote healing. I hope it gets better soon.

trackstar

oops. Let me clarify. These aren't chemical scabs, or painful. Just dryness and very large flakes. Thanks for your responses!

BUMP

D.Lisha

Do you have seborrheic dermatitis/Eczema of the scalp? If so I suggest cradle cap shampoo for infants. It can be found in Wal-Mart and it's by "Gentle-Naturals" below is a picture of it:

They also have the cradle cap creme as well. I have seborrheic dermatitis, but since using this line of products....i've been able to keep it under control. I have no flakes at all :)

Junebug D

Denorex shampoo (coal tar version) has good reviews online. I've just started to use it for my scalp, so I can't say if it's effective for me yet. But I did just use it this morning and it did not dry out my hair. :yep: It is a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, but you should follow up with a normal deep conditioner too. I got mine at Walgreens.

HairGroupie

I also have seborrheic dermatitis/Eczema and my scalp used to get scabs/sores constantly in certain areas. I'd wash my hair within 3-4 days I could feel them coming back. After doing some research on here, I purchased Neutrogena T-Sal Shampoo (they also have a T-Gel) and it has totally stopped my problem. I use it once every other week and I haven't had those scabs in months. The Shampoo specifically states that it controls symptoms of dandruff, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.

trackstar

Thanks all! Only problem is I'm currently in the UK where we don't have a lot of those brands. I'll do some research though

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
Oh in that case, my DH uses this Home Health brand called Clean that we get from Vitamin Shop. I then massage his scalp with coconut oil. His scalp has improved considerably.