Scab hair question

Bublin

I was relaxed for many years, I then went natural and then relaxed again after 2 years of being natural. I now have decided to transition.

With just 2 years worth of relaxing would i still suffer from scab hair?

I am 17 weeks post but as i suffer from dry, tangly hair i'm not sure if its scab or i just need to up the moisture.

Did you get it when you transitioned the 1st time after being relaxed for so many years? If not, I personally doubt it after only 2 years of present use.

I'm incredibly doubious about the existence of scab hair at all, but if such a thing happens, it probably takes many more continuous years of relaxer use for it to happen.

One time i was on another really general forum. And i guy who had texturized his hair once, then grew it out, was asking how to get the natural pH of his hair back because his hair that he grew out was straighter than usual and feeling rough. I suggest diluted avc rinses but also told him it might be scab hair.
So as you can read and if he was telling the truth he may have had scab hair after one application of a texturizer. So it really depends on the person and if you ever got any chemicals on your scalp.

Did you get it when you transitioned the 1st time after being relaxed for so many years? If not, I personally doubt it after only 2 years of present use.

I'm incredibly doubious about the existence of scab hair at all, but if such a thing happens, it probably takes many more continuous years of relaxer use for it to happen.

I agree, not sure it actually exists. I suffer from dry hair that is incredibly spirally and tangly and dry so i honestly couldn't tell you if i did get it first time round. If i did then the whole of my natural hair (in my avatar) was one big scab!!!:blush:

^^^ Your hair looks fine (in fact, beautiful) to me in your avatar. It's possible that your natural hair will have more than one texture that relaxers hid, so be prepared.

This might also be the answer to what Busy Bee said. He may simply have not noticed his different textures on his natural hair until he tried to grow out a texturizer.

Thanks jamarra. Yes, i remember having different textures 1st time round but had no clue how to deal with it.

Good question OP, I have also wondered to if there was a such thing.... "scab hair". Does anyone know where this originated?

Back