sareca: you might have been on to something. "Spiked Neutralization"

chayil0427

WOW!! I'm so impressed...I honestly was thinking all this stuff was gonna do was stink, but I rinsed it out and put on my Humectin and VOILA...my hair was actually straighter than it's ever been after a wash! Blow drying was a breeze and my hair has a subtle sheen before applying any oil.

This is really a nice protien. I'll definately be using it again.

Chayil

cmw45

Ummmmm...I don't know if I am a complete idiot...but as a natural...who WANTS to stay natural...is this safe for naturals? I notice that it has SODIUM CHLORIDE in it? Inquiring minds want to know!:grin: :grin: :grin:

Lavendar

Pixel Lady said:
Yes, that is what it is referring to! I personally would not use ACV rinse,
I had a terrible experience as a teen also...with that said my sister has had a great experience!

I was no help huh?! I'm keeping my eye on this thread...

Okay, thanks Pixel. At least I know it wasn't just me.:) I'm gonna keep watching too....

baby42

cmw45 said:
Ummmmm...I don't know if I am a complete idiot...but as a natural...who WANTS to stay natural...is this safe for naturals? I notice that it has SODIUM CHLORIDE in it? Inquiring minds want to know!:grin: :grin: :grin:
hey i like to know too:confused: but i do use duo tex and i am natural and it works well i am wondering about this one?

sareca

chayil0427 said:
WOW!! I'm so impressed...I honestly was thinking all this stuff was gonna do was stink, but I rinsed it out and put on my Humectin and VOILA...my hair was actually straighter than it's ever been after a wash! Blow drying was a breeze and my hair has a subtle sheen before applying any oil.

This is really a nice protien. I'll definately be using it again.

Chayil

Wow! Thanks for the review Chayil. I'm used to funky. I can handle funky. *bites nails nervously*

I can't wait to pick so up!

Lusa

chayil0427 said:
OK...i'm waiting out my 15 minutes with this stuff on my head. First off, it's majorly majorly funky! It smells like unwashed puss and soy sauce.

Secondly ...it's majorly drippy...it's running down my back and my face ...ick.

Thirdly...I'm willing to do anything for beautiful hair! So lets hope this is worth it!

Chayil

:eek: Chayil, you have a very vivid mind and that description is not selling this product for me, lol. :lol:

Last edited:

sareca

Lusa said:
:eek: Chayil, you have a very vivid mind and that description is not is not selling this product for me, lol. :lol:
Oh my goodness! :barf: How'd I miss that? Chayil! Girl you need a :spank:

chayil0427

cmw45 said:

hmm...sodium chloride is just table salt. Does this have some affect on the hair I don't know about?

Chayil

AKA-Tude

sareca said:
I use Phyto II and I use ACV rinses post-relaxer. I love the results, but I use a small amount of ACV something like 1tsp/8oz. I'm not using straight ACV. :naughty: I really think that has a lot to do with the outcome.

Co-sign.
I love the results too!!!

chayil0427

sareca said:
:wink2: I'm gonna pick me up some today. I'm so excited!

Pick up a plastic cap to cover your hair after you apply it so it doesn't drip. Also get out an old towel to keep around ur neck....one u don't mind getting brown and smelly. And pick up a nose pin LOL...cause that smell is ripe girl.

Goodluck! Let us know what you think.

Chayil

tnorenberg

chayil0427 said:
i got mine!!! I cut through a strip mall parking lot to get to sally's before they closed. There was construction.

PJ Maniac on the road LOL.

what thing...i musta missed sommin...:cool: :confused:

There's nothing like a PJ on a mission.:driver::wacky:

LaNecia

Chayil...how much did this hit you for at Sally's? Asking for everyone else....:look: :sekret: I'm trying to be good...I am...:angeldevi

tnorenberg

VWVixxen said:
Chayil...how much did this hit you for at Sally's? Asking for everyone else....:look: :sekret: I'm trying to be good...I am...:angeldevi

$8.99 @ Sally's. I saw it online for 7.99, but then you'd have 2 pay 4 shipping.

jrae

This is interesting because years ago on the old BHSGO forum, QreusGurl, recommended an ACV rinse to complete the neutralization process. She is Dominican and that's how her mother always did her hair.

"A rinse of 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or lemon juice diluted in 1 to 1 1/2 cups water is also a great and safe way to neutralize the alkalinity of a relaxer. PLEASE NOTE: if you have cuts or burns this WILL sting. However, your healing will be quicker since these two natural agents help constrict the skin. This information was not part of the information pamphlet but my own interjection of options for neutralizing. This is something I practice and know from experience."

Relaxer Savvy

I haven't done this in a long time but I remember using these proportions was too strong for my hair. I did better with 1 T. and then a conditioner.

chayil0427

VWVixxen said:

It was 8 dollars and something, but it's a pretty big bottle and u only have to use about an ounce...I'll probably get 8 to 10 uses out of the bottle so it's about a dollar per treatment.

chayil0427

sunbasque said:
Im confused. So y'all mix this product with ACV. What is it supposed to do?

No it already has ACV in it. I just washed put it on and let it sit for 15 minutes then rinced and chased her with some moisturizing conditioner.

I think after a relaxer I'd rinse the relaxer and then put it on. Then neu-poo and moisturizing conditioner.

Chayil

morehairplease

chayil0427 said:
No it already has ACV in it. I just washed put it on and let it sit for 15 minutes then rinced and chased her with some moisturizing conditioner.

I think after a relaxer I'd rinse the relaxer and then put it on. Then neu-poo and moisturizing conditioner.

Chayil

Chayil thanks so much for posting this. I will pass this information on to my sis.....thanks again.

LaNecia

Chayil,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I went after work and bought two bottle, one for me and one for my girls (I relaxers for two of my friends).

It does smell a bit but we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Side note: I retouched my hair last night and used the ACV after rinsing the relaxer (and prior to using the neutralizing shampoo). I left it in for 15 minutes (1/4 cup acv to 2 cups water). This was the best retouch I've done in YEARS.

Thanks ladies for all the tips. This is why I :love: LHCF.

sareca

VWVixxen said:
Chayil,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I went after work and bought two bottle, one for me and one for my girls (I relaxers for two of my friends).

It does smell a bit but we'll see how it goes this weekend.

Side note: I retouched my hair last night and used the ACV after rinsing the relaxer (and prior to using the neutralizing shampoo). I left it in for 15 minutes (1/4 cup acv to 2 cups water). This was the best retouch I've done in YEARS.

Thanks ladies for all the tips. This is why I :love: LHCF.

Awesome! Congrats! :dance7: I can't wait until touch-up day. Only 60 something days to go. :yay:

sareca

chayil0427 said:
Pick up a plastic cap to cover your hair after you apply it so it doesn't drip. Also get out an old towel to keep around ur neck....one u don't mind getting brown and smelly. And pick up a nose pin LOL...cause that smell is ripe girl.

Goodluck! Let us know what you think.

Chayil

Dang, I'm scared now. :barf: I gotta weak stomach. Says the girl who actually likes the smell of henna.

envybeauty

some domincan salons use plain VINEGAR to neutralize relaxers! Umm--yeah. That is what tingles. yup. that is why i could never figure out which re-used bottle contained the neutralizing shampoo because it seemed like they used any ole shampoo after a perm. turns out, some mix vinegar with regular shampoo to neutralize.

LaNecia

sareca said:
Dang, I'm scared now. :barf: I gotta weak stomach. Says the girl who actually likes the smell of henna.

It's not that bad but it IZ ummmm, er.....uh....'scented'. Definitely NOT something I'd want to have lingering around but if it works, why not endure it for 20 minutes?

I like the smell of henna too...:look: My DH doesn't though...he'll adjust in time cause the henna STAYS.

jrae

VWVixxen said:
It's not that bad but it IZ ummmm, er.....uh....'scented'. Definitely NOT something I'd want to have lingering around but if it works, why not endure it for 20 minutes?

I like the smell of henna too...:look: My DH doesn't though...he'll adjust in time cause the henna STAYS.
Vixxen... tell the truth... it smells like rotten eggs.:p

Here are the steps to my relaxer process, am I missing something?
  1. Silk something (like Praital Silk Worm Rinse) the night before
  2. Castor oil on the ends
  3. 1/8 c. light Oil to the relaxer
  4. Relax
  5. Rinse
  6. Condition/Rinse
  7. Neutralize and let sit at least 5 min
  8. Neutralize a couple more times/Rinse
  9. ACV Rinse
  10. Deep Conditioner (I don't think I need Porosity Control if I'm using ACV)
  11. Seal w/ Oil
  12. Rollerset and air dry