Same neutralizing shampoo as relaxer

soslychic

What do you all think about using the same neutralizing shampoo as the relaxer? I would do it just to be safe but in this case i'm running out of money and i want affirm and the shampoo is $16 and i would much rather just use the motions neutralizing this ONE time. pretty plz! lol. what do you all think though? is that asking for trouble ?

T

Tee

A hairdresser told me that the Motions neutralizing shampoo doesn't have a sufficiently low pH to neutralize properly. I don't know how true this is, but if I were you, I'd shell out the extra cash for the Affirm neutralizing shampoo.

beana3

[ QUOTE ]
A hairdresser told me that the Motions neutralizing shampoo doesn't have a sufficiently low pH to neutralize properly. I don't know how true this is, but if I were you, I'd shell out the extra cash for the Affirm neutralizing shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darnit!!! I've been using this for over a year.. I have like 2/3 washes left.. i may trade or chuck it. I'm not really "up" on neuralizing shampoos but I did want to try elasta Qp's Stop Action neutralizing shamp, its cheap too.

beana3

yeah, come to think of it daviine i do ACV rinses with EVERY relaxer after i have lathered 2 or 3 times. I guess i'll continue to use it, but never without the ACV.