??? about neutralizing shampoos

mzhotniz86

I wanted to know if anything bad will happen if i were to use a neutralizing shampoo that was not part of the relaxer's line? for example ,i want to use design essentials, but since i cant find it , would i be able to use ANY neutralizing shampoo, or would this not work? have any of you used a neutralizing shampoo that didnt match the relaxer you used? if so, what were the results?

Princess Pie

I rarely use the neutralizing poo that goes with the relaxer. Nothing bad will happen. All that matters is getting the pH of your hair back down after the relaxer is out.

foxy kc

I always use either Motions Neutralising Shampoo or the shampoo that comes with the relaxer when I relax (Gentle Treatment or Soft N Beautiful)..... and I've never had a problem and the results are always the same regardless.

mzhotniz86

yeh, i have some motions neutralizing shampoo (from a couple years ago :grin:) . i am going to order the design essentials , but i was scared that the motions neut. may not be strong enough? or does it even matter? i mean are all neutralizers basically the same?

Princess Pie

yeh, i have some motions neutralizing shampoo (from a couple years ago :grin:) . i am going to order the design essentials , but i was scared that the motions neut. may not be strong enough? or does it even matter? i mean are all neutralizers basically the same?
I think they are all pretty much the same. It's all a matter of finding something you like, that will be gentle and get the pH down. I usaully use Elucence acidifying poo or profectiv, but I have never had any problems switching it up.

pmichael52172

I was getting ready to say Isoplus. Not that I searched for it in the store but just grabbed any neutralizing shampoo like I have always done. I do relax with Design Essentials and plan to use their neutralizing 'poo but only after I finish my Isoplus.

No complaints and no setbacks whatsoever.

mzhotniz86

I was getting ready to say Isoplus. Not that I searched for it in the store but just grabbed any neutralizing shampoo like I have always done. I do relax with Design Essentials and plan to use their neutralizing 'poo but only after I finish my Isoplus.

No complaints and no setbacks whatsoever.

ooooh chile thank ya! lol. i saw that you could use it for any relaxer, but i was nervous cause i didnt know if design would be "too strong" to use it with . im still getting the hang of all this. ok so , what do you use for a conditioner after your hair has been shampooed with the neutralizer? i dont have any way to get the 6 n 1 reconstructor. i can get my hands on the affirm 5n 1 (i think) or do you just use any of the regular design essentials conditioners, or do yo do a protein treatment?