Mesh roller users

mkd

I use soft mesh rollers and roller pins to set my hair. I really like them, I was never able to get the magnetic rollers tight enough to get a nice set. My hairdresser uses the hard red mesh rollers and I am thinking about buying those. I have seen a few ladies post pics after setting with the hard mesh rollers. Can you all please let me know why you like these rollers better and some differences between the two.

Thanks!

shmmr

I use soft mesh rollers and roller pins to set my hair. I have seen a few ladies post pics after setting with the hard mesh rollers. Can you all please let me know why you like these rollers better and some differences between the two.

I have both - the soft mesh and the hard mesh rollers. Right now I prefer the hard ones (the red ones by soft n style). They curl my hair the same as a magnetic roller, but I can get a tighter set using them. Problem is they don't come in larger sizes so I'll have to find another solution as my hair grows longer. The problem I've had with the soft ones is that the hair can go down inbetween the metal spiral wire that supports the roller, which means the hair is not curled evenly. As this continues to happen, the roller becomes harder to use (hope this makes sense). A problem with these is that the pins are not long enough for the bigger sizes...

I'm going to try the big hair pins to set the magnetic rollers to see if I can get a tighter set since I'll be needing the larger sizes. If not, I'm considering asking my husband to drill holes in the bigger magnetics to make them into a hard mesh (we'll see how that goes). Still have the problem of finding longer pins though. *sigh*
Please let me know if you find a good solution...

PinkPebbles

I use soft mesh rollers and roller pins to set my hair. I really like them, I was never able to get the magnetic rollers tight enough to get a nice set. My hairdresser uses the hard red mesh rollers and I am thinking about buying those. I have seen a few ladies post pics after setting with the hard mesh rollers. Can you all please let me know why you like these rollers better and some differences between the two.

Thanks!

There is a BIG difference between the two types of rollers on my hair. I personally like the hard mesh rollers because they stay in place better, straighter roots, and dry faster.

mkd

shmmr, i bought huge soft mesh rollers and the extra long roller pins and they were still too short. I had the same problem. I think I may invest in the large red hard mesh rollers.

shmmr

Just remember that the red ones aren't actually that big, even though they're the largest size that I've seen. but they do get new growth straight as pebbles said - I'm 16 weeks post and couldn't do without them. Where did you get extra long pins? have you tried the big bobby pins? I'm going to try that next...

crlsweetie912

I have both. I like the "soft" ones with the wire because they have a little "give". I sleep in my rollers and this was more comfortable to me. I LOVE MY MESH ROLLERS!!!!!

momi

I agree, I am able to get a much tighter set with the hard mesh ones. I am natural so that is important.

Yeah - I have not been able to find them larger than red...

Healthb4Length

I used to use the soft mesh rollers but once I discovered the hard mesh rollers I never looked back. They help speed up drying and make my roots really straight when I stretch. But as other posters stated I can't find them in larger than the red color ones. If I could find large sized hard mesh rollers I'd be in heaven!