Reviews of ALL my natural products

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Well, about two months ago, I embarked on a journey to make my product regimen about 60-85% natural and chemical free! I ended up with about 85% and I'm so proud of myself and also very happy w/ my decision, for all you ladies who are considering the transition to natural hair products, it may be more expensive in a way but if its in your budget I highly suggest you consider, it, if you're already considering it, here are some suggestions and product reviews you could try, I am a 4a/4b Relaxed Head, Almost APL, I stretch no less than 4-6 months at a time.

Here Goes:

Shescentit Tea Tree Deep Cleansing Shampoo:
Doesn't lather much, not many bubbles, I personally prefer that, It leaves my hair and scalp squeaky clean and I can actually comb through my hair after the use of this product and no conditioner applied. I would highly recommend this product if you want a deep cleanse, almost clarifying shampoo that leaves your hair not stripped and extremely soft.

Hairveda Shikaikai Shampoo Bar: Love this, it doesn't really leave the hair coated but I still do an ACV rinse just because I love it! :grinwink: I use this weekly in rotation with my Chagrin Valley Nettle Shampoo Bar. Clean hair, and it has attributed to some of my growth IMO, I massage my scalp w/ it.

Chagrin Valley Nettle Shampoo Bar: J'adore Chagrin Valley! It leaves my hair so soft and clean, and I love the smell, a staple for me.

Hairveda Moist 24/7 Conditioner: Use this for co washes and damn skippy, I'm never letting it go, it gives me an extremely moisturizing wash and does not leave the hair coated, allowing my hair to dry faster than most.

Shescentit Supersoft Conditioning Honey Rinse:
My baby...when I don't feel like doing a proper DC...I wash, put a shower cap on, finish bathing and when I remove the cap, voila, the magic has happened. Instant DC. I stan this conditioner.

Shescentit Banana Brulee:
My staple moisturizing DC in rotation w/ Hairveda Strinillah. LOVE it! 20 minutes w/ heat melts my tangles. Aint never straying from this sweetheart.

Shescentit Fortifying Masque: I love this, my favorite DC of all time. If I could use this everyday I would. Leaves the hair strong but still soft and moisturized, I use it as a mild protein DC. Loves it.

Hairveda Strinillah Masque:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiirvvvveedaaa! How I love thee. Same description as Banana Brulee.

Shescentit Coco Creme Leave In: :iloveyou: Soooooooooooft hair....Soooooffffffttttttt....haaaaaaair. The comb glides through. Staple for life. It smells so yummy too! If you're looking for silkyness and shine. Try it!

Hairveda Whipped Cream:
Excellent moisturizer for the ends. My ends drink this ish..LOVE it. Have dry, puffy ends like I did! Buy this!

Shescentit Seyani Hair Butter:
My premium and staple sealant, After I apply my moisturizers, I apply this all over the hair, focusing on the ends. Its made my hair strong and it makes it shiny and soft.

That's a wrap.

Where you may view these products:

http://www.shescentit.com/
http://hairveda.com/default.aspx
http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Re: Reviews of ALL my natural prodcuts.

Great reviews! How about using 100 percent pure unrefined Shea Butter? That's about as natural as you can get for moisturizing. I get a whole 5lbs of it for 10 - 15 bucks depending on where get it from. I also use the gel from the Aloe vera plant and use it for everything else. That's all I use and my hair is almost APL as well :)

Poranges

Positive Vibrations

Great reviews! How about using 100 percent pure unrefined Shea Butter? That's about as natural as you can get for moisturizing. I get a whole 5lbs of it for 10 - 15 bucks depending on where get it from. I also use the gel from the Aloe vera plant and use it for everything else. That's all I use and my hair is almost APL as well :)

I used to use 100% Shea Butter, but then I tried the Seyani, its more than 60% Shea Butter and it contains all kinds of delicious oils to produce a soft whipped butter that my hair adores and drinks.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member

Where do you get your Shea Butter?

I get it from Crabapplesoap for $8.95 :grin: and I meant 1lb of Shea Butter. That amount has lasted me over 5 months and I'm not even halfway finished!

I also go to this website to get some over 1lb
http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/23_78/unrefined-african-shea-butter.cfm

5lbs is $36.95....that's what it costs for only ounces of organic producs sold at other stores!

Last edited:

Poranges

Positive Vibrations

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thanks Girl! Very Helpful and Very Informative. I will refer to this Thread Again & Again!:up:

Your Summation of Each Product was Concise. Good Job.:grin:

crazydaze911

Thanks for the reviews! Do you use anything that you DONT have to purchase on-line? i hate waiting and paying shipping.... lol