Relaxer using a Bottle with a Nozzle????

Radianthealth

Why don't hairstylist apply relaxer with a bottle with a nozzle tip. The same type of bottle used for hair coloring. This seems like it would eliminate a bunch of problems like overlapping, dropping relaxer into someone's eye (inspired by another post), messy fingers, etc...

I self-relax, can anyone think of any drawbacks to using a nozzle tip bottle to apply my next relaxer?????

I really think I may be on to something:cool:

SignatureBeauty

When I was relaxed an applicator bottle was all I used and it help with the overlapping and it was less messy too, I think it is great if anyone does this, I had no problems with my hair, it made it very easy to apply, I Highly Suggest using this method.

HoneyDew

I have one of these:

I have never used it to apply relaxer. I just bought it because it was on sale. The stick part moves and turns so you can part with it. The brush part is not too hard so you can apply with it. I guess it really could work with relaxing.

LaNecia

My mom and I used an applicator bottle a few times to do her hair and was pretty easy. One thing that affected its ease was the temperature of the relaxer (if it was cold, it was harder to get out of the bottle).

I was easier to do her hair with it than the brush but I had trouble using it for the back of mine.

I stick with the brush or comb method for myself.

Candiss

wow, I think you guys may be on to something. It sounds like a really good idea. I would be interested in hearing from people who actually apply their relaxers this way.

MizaniMami

Sounds like a good idea. I will look more into that. I should go by the BSS store to see if I see one of those.

Great post Trimbride.

prettywhitty

Sounds like a really good idea. I have a question: Would you heat the relaxer before it was put in the bottle, or does it come out pretty easily?

nomoweavesfome

oh my God!! I am so glad you posted this because I was too embarassed to ask a week ago.

I figured it would be more accurate and less messy, but I was like nah - i don't think anybody does that.

I'm scurred being that it would be something new for me if i would mess up in time.

what about consistency? will it be too thick to squeeze out? what about when it gets low and it's still globs left but not enough to squeeze out?
anyone?

Radianthealth

You guys have me hyped!!! I am ready to do this.

As far as consistency I really don't think I will have to worry, I add olive oil to my relaxer so that I can texlax. I also don't use cold relaxer and I think if you make the nozzle tip big enough and the bottle itself soft/pliable/flexible enough you shouldn't have a problem. I also have plenty of practice with using this type of bottle to apply my MTG oil all over my head.

I hate to be crude....but I think the bottle should be as soft/pliable as one of those enema or douche bottles probably with the same size opening :(

Good Luck Ladies!!!

Radianthealth

http://www.brucemedical.com/ph201.html

Hopefully this shows up, but this is the type of bottle I am talking about. I will look around so that I won't have to use this...I already do enough weird stuff to my hair I don't think I want to add using an enema bottle to relax to that list:lachen: :lachen:

But hey if this is my only option...I may have to work with it:sekret: :sekret:

Last edited:
I have been applying the relaxer to my newgrowth straight from the container for years, and it's worked just fine for me, but maybe that's the stylist in me?? The only thing is putting the relaxer in the container, then what if you have leftover relaxer, do you just put it back in the jar?? Call me old fashion or set in my ways, but I like to mix my relaxer in the jar and apply to my hair without all the hassle, I do enough steps during my relaxer. But that's a great idea, I may try that and see how effective it is, thanks for posting

Radianthealth

I usually always have relaxer left over...I just throw it away. I like to use a fresh container everytime I relax. But that is just me:perplexed

I am pretty sure that when I self relax that I overlap, I know for a fact that my stylist did:mad: and she should have known better, I just want to minimize the overlapping and overprocessing of my hair, I am hoping that using a bottle will help me to target only the new growth:perplexed

Cayenne0622

trimbride said:
http://www.brucemedical.com/ph201.html

Hopefully this shows up, but this is the type of bottle I am talking about. I will look around so that I won't have to use this...I already do enough weird stuff to my hair I don't think I want to add using an enema bottle to relax to that list:lachen: :lachen:

But hey if this is my only option...I may have to work with it:sekret: :sekret:

That is a really good idea. I can't stand trying to the applicator brush...I'm not accurate enough in not overlapping using that. I hate the gloves because they are always too loose on my hands and I can't tell what I'm doing so I usually end up using my bare fingertips - I know bad idea but I guess I like my hair more than my fingers. lol I'm going to see if this works for me.

AKA-Tude

You know, I have been thinking about this application process for a long time. I am glad to hear that I was not crazy!

I think it would definitely make applying the relaxer must easier, more precise, and faster!

I am going to look on ebay right now & find the bottle for this!

Ya'll always get me so hyped about my hair!!!

Queenie

Try a pastry bag. You can even make those out of plastic bags. You'd need a study plastic. Good luck.

Radianthealth

A pastry bag sounds perfect. I will definitely try this using conditioner for a trial run...but now that I think about it, a pastry bag almost requires two hands while a bottle only requires one....I will look into both and let you know what works best

Last edited: