Relaxer in a squeeze bottle? Hmm....

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
In the midst of the drama on this board...I just thought of something that actually may be helpful to somebody:lachen:. The next time I relax, I think I may put the contents into a squeeze bottle. This seems logical right? I mean, the tip of the bottle will only dispense a small amount of relaxer (maybe i'll mix it w/ some oil or protein filler) onto the NG, which would make it easier not to overlap w/ previous growth. Let me know what ya'll think? Am I crazy?:blush:

sounds like a good idea maybe you can get a bottle that has a brush end instead of the little tip

Heck, I don't relax and IIIII think that sounds like a great idea. Particularly if it had a fine or adjustable nozzle.

p1

It actually sounds like a great idea and I wonder what the cons would be - I guess getting it into the bottle??? Let me know how it works for you - it may also help speed up the application time.

I did this once and it worked pretty well, but I advice you to get a nozzle tip that's bigger than you think you need. The nozzle that I had a nice size opening but the relaxer still came out to thin and you really want it to dispense the right amount the first time. Otherwise, your arms will tire quickly. Also, keep in mind that it is going to squeeze out onto the hair and just sit on it and not really penetrate, if that makes any sense. When I use my brush, the brush really gets it through the layers of hair better than the bottle but the bottle is faster. So they both have pros.

It actually sounds like a great idea and I wonder what the cons would be - I guess getting it into the bottle??? Let me know how it works for you - it may also help speed up the application time.

Thanks guys!

As for the bolded...yeah, that seems like that would be the only con:yep:. I plan on just spooning it into a ziplock bag, snipping the corner and piping it in. The only reason why i wouldn't just use the bag is because I can at least cover the remaining contents of the bottle for future use ( I use a lye relaxer).

I did this once and it worked pretty well, but I advice you to get a nozzle tip that's bigger than you think you need. The nozzle that I had a nice size opening but the relaxer still came out to thin and you really want it to dispense the right amount the first time. Otherwise, your arms will tire quickly. Also, keep in mind that it is going to squeeze out onto the hair and just sit on it and not really penetrate, if that makes any sense. When I use my brush, the brush really gets it through the layers of hair better than the bottle but the bottle is faster. So they both have pros.

Thanks! I figured as much w/ the tip. I may just snip the nozzle down so that I get more of the relaxer out. I do still plan on using my fingers to smooth it in, it's just that when I use my fingers or a brush, I get relaxer on already processed hair and I think it's becuase I use too much.

Back