Regular Heat Users Post Your Reggies Here

shtow

I'll Start:
The basics of my reggie got me to MBL fairly quickly. Due to a scissor happy stylist, im back at BSL. She also cut off a section of my hair but that’s another thread :wallbash:Anyways, here is my reggie.

-Stretch until I can't take it no mo'! LOL Usually every 3 months. I refuse to relax unless there is enough NG to actually relax. I prefer Nairobi relaxer
-Clarify/Chelate with Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 every 3-5 washes. Let sit a minute or two
-wash every 5-7 days. I always only lather once
-wash hair and scalp using a nozzle tip bottle with Paul Mitchell moisturizing poo heavily diluted, and tea tree oil. I let this sit for 3 minutes and my scalp has never been healthier. This leaves my hair feeling conditioned yet clean. Rinse scalp with nozzle tipped bottle filled with water, rinse hair with shower water.
-towel blot hair and DC under dryer with Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer for 20 mins on highest heat setting
-Rinse with shower water and nozzle tipped bottle for my scalp.
(for protein I mix my moisturizing dc with aphoghee 2 min, I plan to try the PM protein treatment next)
-Squeeze out excess water. Apply Paul Mitchell the Conditioner and Fantasia serum. Comb thru
-Sit under Pibbs until 80 percent dry
-blow dry with Tourmaline and Ceramic Blow Dryer with medium heat
-flat iron with sedu either at 390 or 410
-apply coconut oil after flat ironing and throughout the week
-sleep with a silk scarf

That’s it. Looks like a lot but it's very simple

Anyone else up to post their reggies?

:Flahsssss Please post your reggies and please make sure to post your pictures!!:weird:

:needpics:

J/K about the worthless part
:grin:

I wuv your hair.. my hair wants to be like that when it grows up...

Mine is easy.. clarify once a week (cuz I use OCT on my scalp daily when I'm bunning).. Aphogee 2 min every other week.. Elucence Moisture Treatment... 1x per week. DC 2x a week (1x/home) and then (1x/salon)..

I wuv your hair.. my hair wants to be like that when it grows up...

Mine is easy.. clarify once a week (cuz I use OCT on my scalp daily when I'm bunning).. Aphogee 2 min every other week.. Elucence Moisture Treatment... 1x per week. DC 2x a week (1x/home) and then (1x/salon)..

Awww thank you. You have beautiful hair!

I have been meaning to try Elucence since joining but never did...U only use it to DC? Have u tried it as a leave in?

My current length is in my siggy. This is what I started at in November 08
maya21.jpg

When I wear my hair pressed my regimen is:
Co wash w/ Suave naturals
ACV rinse
blow dry w/ comb attachment
press w/ old school pressing comb, then go over each section with flat iron

once my hair is straight i maintain by
moisturizing with cantu shea butter, the sealing with my olive/coconut oil mix
wrapping my hair every night !

every time i see your siggy i think how healthy your hair looks. Beautiful hair! Nice and simple reggie:yep:

My current length is in my siggy. This is what I started at in November 08
maya21.jpg

When I wear my hair pressed my regimen is:
Co wash w/ Suave naturals
ACV rinse
blow dry w/ comb attachment
press w/ old school pressing comb, then go over each section with flat iron

once my hair is straight i maintain by
moisturizing with cantu shea butter, the sealing with my olive/coconut oil mix
wrapping my hair every night !

Regular heat user checking in.
I Wash once a week with either Con green or Aphogee Deep Moisturizing
On Moisture week, use Aphogee 2 minute, leave in for 5 minutes, rinse then Deep Condition with Pantene Relaxed and Natural
On Protein Week Deep condition with Ors Replenshing in the Bottle
Dry under Gold and Hot hooded dryer
About 80% dry , apply leave in (need a new leave in, NTM is not my friend) and Chi silk infusion
Flat iron with Silk Elements heat protectant.
I still attend the salon every 2 weeks, btw.. and I use Hairveda Whipped Ends and Coconut oilt to seal nightly. Apply Bee Mine /Cocasta Oil and Mega Tek once a week on alternate weeks when I can remember. Working My way up to Protective Styling more than 3 times a week.

My stylist pretty much does her own thing...salon care, aphogee, CON,Motions is what she uses
DSC01056.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my pics, good suggestion Atlanta

iron001.jpg

gvp002-2.jpg

P3051066.jpg

1-3.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg
Girl I would say heat is your friend! :love: I have a feeling I'm going to be the same way when I come out of my protective styling.

I am with you on using the squirt bottle for shampooing. I used to think my natural hair didn't like shampoos. It does not like SLS shampoos for sure but when I dilute either the MillCreek Biotin or MillCreek Keratin shampoo with water and sometimes a few drops of oil, put it into the squirt bottle and concentrate on my scalp. My scalp is so happy. The runnoff cleans my tresses. I like the idea of adding a little tea tree oil! Thanks for that cool tip, I think I'll try it at next wash. :up:

Awww thank you. You have beautiful hair!

I have been meaning to try Elucence since joining but never did...U only use it to DC? Have u tried it as a leave in?

:2inlove:
Okay I'm telling you I LOVE IT.. like I think I would be closer to BSL if I had've found this stuff last year.. out of all the crap I tried.. nope.. I use i for everything leave in, con, the base of a DC.. I love it as a leave in!

Girl I would say heat is your friend! :love: I have a feeling I'm going to be the same way when I come out of my protective styling.

I am with you on using the squirt bottle for shampooing. I used to think my natural hair didn't like shampoos. It does not like SLS shampoos for sure but when I dilute either the MillCreek Biotin or MillCreek Keratin shampoo with water and sometimes a few drops of oil, put it into the squirt bottle and concentrate on my scalp. My scalp is so happy. The runnoff cleans my tresses. I like the idea of adding a little tea tree oil! Thanks for that cool tip, I think I'll try it at next wash. :up:

Thanks! I have no choice but to use the squirt bottle otherwise my scalp will not get clean (esp if I have mad NG) :sad:. This along with the tea tree helped clear up those nasty patches I used to get. Let me know how the tea tree works for you:grin:

:2inlove:
Okay I'm telling you I LOVE IT.. like I think I would be closer to BSL if I had've found this stuff last year.. out of all the crap I tried.. nope.. I use i for everything leave in, con, the base of a DC.. I love it as a leave in!

**Looks at MasterCard***

Be strong shtow. Don't be a PJ:lachen:

Isnt it great to find stuff that works? Stick to it chica!

I'm texlaxed... Silk Elements Shea Butter Mild. I "refresh" whenever I get clearly 1 inch of NG.

I pre-poo with something conditioner/oil. Then rinse and deep condition with something conditioner/oil.

I air dry with my leave-in/foam wrap lotion/moisturizer and sealant (oil/serum) Then flat iron. Sometimes I do the damp flat iron but usually I just let it air dry for the most part fully. Either hanging/wrapped/4 braids.

I do this 3 weeks in a row. I shampoo one lather each time. While I'm flat ironed I really don't wear it out but so often, I bun it up and don't comb it especially the closer I get to repeat day.

The 4th week I take off pre-pooing and deep conditioning every other day wearing wash-n-go pony's/hanging.

Some times I don't flat iron even if it's a flat iron week, just out of being busy... When this occurs I'm also pre-pooing and deep conditioning every other day until I start flat ironing again.

I am 100% coily.... :grin: I have been using more heat since January - but my method has improved over time...

1. pre poo with a mix of AloeVera gel, coconut oil and wheat germ oil overnight or with heat
  2. Shampoo ( shocking..since I don't use shampoo) with Etae Shampoo
  3. use moisture condish under heat or steam - detangle after this . out od the shower
  4. rinse and rinse and rinse...I have been using tint bottles for 4 years....
  5. Spray homeade leave in - with out glycerin...Aloe Vera and distilled water
  6. Spray Damage Control by Aveda and Turn up the Heat Spray...
  7. Blow dry with Bayblyss Tourlamine dryer (FHI is on the way :grin:)
  8. Flat Iron with FHI Runway.
  9. Use Coconut oil - and never re- flat iron....
I think Techniques - once they are perfected... can give great results.....

On off weeks, I have the buns below.

I will attach a previous post about this.....

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372675&highlight=

Last edited:
Back