Relaxer, Protein Treatment, and Clear Rinses

leona2025

So tomorrow I am going to relax. I want to do a protein treatment and a clear rinse. Do I do the clear rinse first after washing out the relaxer and then do a protein treatment or should I do the protein treatment first and then the clear rinse and follow it all up with a deep moisturizing conditioner? I saw John Freida Luminous Clear Glaze in CVS yesterday. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

sqzbly1908

Hi Leona,

You would need to condition, neutralize and then put in the rinse. Some rinses require a conditioner afterwards as they can be a little drying on the hair...but definitely condition after the relaxer....

HTH

leona2025

Hi Leona,

You would need to condition, neutralize and then put in the rinse. Some rinses require a conditioner afterwards as they can be a little drying on the hair...but definitely condition after the relaxer....

HTH

Thanks for the help. I have did a mid-step light protein before, but I was thinking about using Cpr after the relaxer was washed out. I wanted to top everything all off with a moisturizing DC, but I was kinda nervous that it would knock out the shine I expect from the clear rinse.

Filmatic

The John Freida Glaze is drying for my hair. I say use it after the protein, you don't want to have to dc twice.

Esq.2B

I would relax, neutralize, protein, moisturizing DC, then clear rinse. After the clear rinse, I would also use a quick rinse out conditioner to soften it up some. I know for me, rinses make my hair a little stiff until I use a quick rinse out.

Some people do protein before they neutralize but I'm too nervous to wait. I have to neutralize first.

leona2025

I would relax, neutralize, protein, moisturizing DC, then clear rinse. After the clear rinse, I would also use a quick rinse out conditioner to soften it up some. I know for me, rinses make my hair a little stiff until I use a quick rinse out.

Some people do protein before they neutralize but I'm too nervous to wait. I have to neutralize first.

Thanks for the advice. I was scared to do it too, but I took a chance my last touch up. I used Smooth N Shine Silk Fusion 60 Second Critical Repair after rinsing out my relaxer and it felt so soft and silky, but my relaxer kit comes with a reconstructor so I'll use it. I used Adore clear rinse a few weeks ago. It did noth for me, but it may take better on freshly relaxed hair. It did make my hair somewhat hard so I did do a moisturizing DC after.
[FONT=arial, helvetica]

[/FONT]