Relaxed Hair Thread

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I am 2 weeks posts and my hair is starting to get thick again! I think the castor oil is making that possible. I have been pre pooing with it, and been doing scalp massages. Plus I wash my hair every few days.

That is very good to hear. Keep doing what you're doing :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Evolving78

That is very good to hear. Keep doing what you're doing :) Sent from my iPad using LHCF
thanks! I'm not complaining, but I'm not ready for thickness and growth just yet! Lol I mean I just texlaxed my hair! I planned on waiting until February to touch up, but it may have to be January.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm 18 weeks post and would really love to make it to 24. I'm wear wigs so I think I can make it. That is, if wash days don't become any more hectic than what they already are.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm 18 weeks post and would really love to make it to 24. I'm wear wigs so I think I can make it. That is, if wash days don't become any more hectic than what they already are.

I'm sure your happy to have made it this far. That's really good. My goal in the new year is to relax anytime after 16 weeks.

brownb83

Cut all those horrible double processed ends off. Hovering right at shoulder lenth because of it :ohwell:

Lesson learned.

Babygrowth

I want to relax sooooo bad but then I started thinking about how the heck am I going to style this SL hair. I'm tempted to keep stretching now until December although that may not make much difference.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I want to relax sooooo bad but then I started thinking about how the heck am I going to style this SL hair. I'm tempted to keep stretching now until December although that may not make much difference.

It might not but then again it just might. You've been doing good this far, just start the year off with a fresh relaxer.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So I used Joico last week under the dryer for 15 minutes and this week just in the shower for 5 minutes. I notice no difference, but I still like it.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
You're right. I guess it's time to get on my divachyk shiznick and buy 2 wigs.

Saludable84, thank you! Yes, I'm so happy I've made it this far. I'm really having to pinch myself because 18 weeks is unheard of for me.

Babygrowth, wigs are so amazing now that I'm over the wig phobia. IDareT'sHair told me to own it and that's what I'm doing. Go 'head and get you a few. I'm telling you, once you get one or two, you'll be looking for three or four. It's addicting, I tell you.

Evolving78

I'm SL and I bun or pin my hair up with some type of cute hair clip. I use Bobbie pins on the sides to keep that hair down and neat. Check out Simply-Sandra on YouTube. She started out with neck length hair and has tutorials on different hairstyles.

Babygrowth

I'm SL and I bun or pin my hair up with some type of cute hair clip. I use Bobbie pins on the sides to keep that hair down and neat. Check out Simply-Sandra on YouTube. She started out with neck length hair and has tutorials on different hairstyles.

I will try it. Do you have any pics of your buns? I have medium density so I don't want know puny bun! Lol

Evolving78

So I'm on this unofficial personal castor oil challenge. I just massaged my scalp. I won't use any tomorrow or on wash day. I think I said this already but in starting to do the cowashing thing every other wash. I really wanna by APL without having to trim a ton. I'm following Kim Holden on YouTube! I really like her yt personality and I like her hair! I've been on a hunt to find relatable relaxed heads on YouTube that have videos that have documented their shorter lengths.

sunnieb

divachyk good thing I learned how to do that French twist bun. I deep conditioned late last night and didn't feel like waiting for my hair to air dry all the way. This is what I'm working with this morning. Definitely bunning this up!

ForumRunner_20141110_084352.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

danysedai

So, I cut my hair. I cut about 4 inches. Much shorter now but in love with it again. My ends look super thick and blunt, I can detangle better and the curls from a roller set lay so much better, I can still do a bun. I should have done this long time ago:yep:

I will take care of my ends more now, I hope to regain the length I lost by June/July next year.

Attachments

• 20141108_201153.jpg
    20141108_201153.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20141109_213018.jpg
    20141109_213018.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 20141109_205306.jpg
    20141109_205306.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 116

Guinan

Re-Branding
So, I cut my hair. I cut about 4 inches. Much shorter now but in love with it again. My ends look super thick and blunt, I can detangle better and the curls from a roller set lay so much better, I can still do a bun. I should have done this long time ago:yep:

I will take care of my ends more now, I hope to regain the length I lost by June/July next year.

You and ur hair look beautiful! !!

kikisf

danysedai Beautiful thicks ends!! and I love the bangs. i keep going back and forth about bangs. i miss having them but they are such a pain to grow out.

mz.rae

Ok so I am scheduled to get a virgin relaxer December 13th. I'm throwing in the towel on natural hair. Anyway this time around when I get a relaxer it will be a double process as I already have color in my hair. Are there any tips for taking care of both colored treated and relaxed hair?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Ok so I am scheduled to get a virgin relaxer December 13th. I'm throwing in the towel on natural hair. Anyway this time around when I get a relaxer it will be a double process as I already have color in my hair. Are there any tips for taking care of both colored treated and relaxed hair?

My hair is bleached (the top & sides), and texlaxed so I suggest you do a protein treatment a week before and the day of the actual relaxer. Otherwise, deep condition and moisturize like your life depends on it. I strongly suggest you do a strand test after you do each process. I did a big no-no, I bleached first, then I texlaxed 2 weeks later. Jesus was with me lol, because I didn't lose much hair. May I ask if you are self-relaxing or going to a salon?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

Be sure to use a mild relaxer.