Relaxed Hair Thread

xu93texas

Redken Extreme Strength Builder
Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor
Joico KPak
Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment

Evolving78

I'm done with the protein for the month. I did a protein treatment this morning. My hair feels strong, so i will just be working on moisture. I plan on roller setting the next two washes. I will be washing Wed and Saturday. Or just on Saturday. Don't want to do too much manipulation. I have my hair air drying but not hanging down. I have the ends pinned down with a clip. Didn't feel like twisting them up.

CICI24

I agree, protein regimen is what I use to keep my relaxed hair healthy and growing. I use aphogee line or profective line most times.

sunnieb

longhai come over here and join us. Post as much info as you are comfortable with and we can help you find a solution.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

iLurk

Havent been an active poster here that long but even i'm seeing the blatant agenda pushing by some of the natural women here and/or sneak dissing.

For instance someone would ask a question for other relaxed heads which could be something as simple as what kind of leave ins do you use?

And there would be a random natural member would come in the thread saying something to the extent of "ever since i went natural i don't have to worry about a leave in"

Or the sneaky women who relax their hair don't love themselves, have low self esteem, fry their scalps threads which the poster claims they dont mean any malice which gets a few natural cosigners but let a relaxed chick respond they accuse them of being defensive :perplexed:perplexed

sunnieb

iLurk yeah it's the same ol thing around these parts. Yet, we are always accused of being sensitive and defensive.

The Admin won't give us a subforum, so it is what it is.

Just keep posting and start more threads! :yep:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

iLurk

^ that sucks but if we cant get a subforum could we at least get some categories or at least topic tags? Would make things a lot easier for everybody...

greenandchic

iLurk - I've been noticing that for a while and never understood why there's so much shade. I though it may have been because I've always been natural (until last December) so never had an enlightened/power-to-the-people epiphany from "becoming natural". I too wish we can have our own forum.

mz.rae

I really like reading about the journies in this thread. It's such a shame that naturals will not let relaxed heads be. I'm thinking about relaxing again and like reading what you all share.

Angelbean

Yeah I am definitely a natural that stalks I mean follows the relaxed hair threads and a relaxed forum would make things so much easier lol you guys are so knowledgable! I enjoy reading your tips and techniques

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Am I the only one that trim at every relaxer even if I don't need it? I don't care if it's less than a half an inch but I'm trimming something at relaxer time. Im paranoid about weak ends so I haaaaaaave to take a little off. :(

#StrongEndsEqualBetterRetention

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Am I the only one that trim at every relaxer even if I don't need it? I don't care if it's less than a half an inch but I'm trimming something at relaxer time. Im paranoid about weak ends so I haaaaaaave to take a little off. :( #StrongEndsEqualBetterRetention

I'm the same way. Even if it's just the tippy tips.

sunnieb

Am I the only one that trim at every relaxer even if I don't need it? I don't care if it's less than a half an inch but I'm trimming something at relaxer time. Im paranoid about weak ends so I haaaaaaave to take a little off. :(

Yep, I trim every relaxer without fail.

Evolving78

Am I the only one that trim at every relaxer even if I don't need it? I don't care if it's less than a half an inch but I'm trimming something at relaxer time. Im paranoid about weak ends so I haaaaaaave to take a little off. :( #StrongEndsEqualBetterRetention
I'm a trimming maniac so I joined 6 month no cutting challenge.

Lilmama1011

No, I dust every three months no matter what

mochalocks

I trim every other month. Now, I feel like cutting it again to the length I had it a few months ago. And to think when she first did I hated it, now I want to cut it again.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
pre_medicalrulz, I use to trim at every relaxer or every other relaxer and got out of the habit. I'm definitely returning to that interval. It works much better and I retained a lot more in the long run because the ends didn't have time to age and cause issue.

Last edited:

iLurk

I'm trying to incorporate more trimming into my regime. I wasnt doing it at first cause I was scared that I might cut too much off.

I'm thinking about blogging since I am now attempting my longest stretch ever and want to keep records since I really never believe my hair is growing. I used to avoid length checks cause i didn't want to drive myself crazy but now it seems lack of length checks is having that effect on me.

Babygrowth

I used to then I switched to every 8-10 weeks following the lunar calendar. Now I'm in a no cut challenge.

danysedai

I woke this morning to snow :whyme: and will stay home and color my hair, DC etc. I also want to be brave and cut about 3/4 inches off. The last inches are thin from a corrective relaxer last year. I've been cutting my ends little by little from beyond MBL to BSL. Cutting the last inches would bring me back to APL all around but would be left with the thicker texlaxed ends.

My hair looks good when I rollerset/wrap or flat iron but I know what the ends look like when wet and I think I'm having issues with shedding and my hair misbehaving because of those last inches. When I do a bun without a hair elastic (just twisting my hair and wrapping it around itself) the very thin ends that go under the bun break my heart.

So cut now or cut little by little?

If anyone would like to offer advise please do. The scissors are calling my name :spinning:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I woke this morning to snow :whyme: and will stay home and color my hair, DC etc. I also want to be brave and cut about 3/4 inches off. The last inches are thin from a corrective relaxer last year. I've been cutting my ends little by little from beyond MBL to BSL. Cutting the last inches would bring me back to APL all around but would be left with the thicker texlaxed ends.

My hair looks good when I rollerset/wrap or flat iron but I know what the ends look like when wet and I think I'm having issues with shedding and my hair misbehaving because of those last inches. When I do a bun without a hair elastic (just twisting my hair and wrapping it around itself) the very thin ends that go under the bun break my heart.

So cut now or cut little by little?

If anyone would like to offer advise please do. The scissors are calling my name :spinning:

I say cut now if the ends are or may cause you a set back. If not, then just trim little by little.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
danysedai I've done both in the past, cut at once and little by little. Cutting all at once has proven to be the best option for me. It removes all damage and sets me back on track. The little by little is less tramatic but my hair never seems to get healthy when trimming little by little. Almost like the damage keeps traveling up the strand.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
danysedai

I'd recommend cutting them at once if you can deal with it. I've done both. I like both. But at some point, I wind up giving in and just do the chop. Even when you don't want to chop, just knowing you need to make me feel better about taking it all off.

Evolving78

I am 2 weeks posts and my hair is starting to get thick again! I think the castor oil is making that possible. I have been pre pooing with it, and been doing scalp massages. Plus I wash my hair every few days.