Relaxed Hair Thread

iLurk

Whew... I am finally done relaxing just deep conditioning now. I started around 11 and its now 1. Somebody joked saying I must take up all the hot water in the building with how long I wash my hair out

SuchaLady

Do you apply and smooth in 14 minutes?

Guys, I'm a bit triflin… lol. I currently set my timer for 12 minutes, buuuuut, usually don't rinse out until about 14.

I smooth the HELL out of my hair, (usually for about 3-5 minutes) as time and experience has taught me to aim for more straight than kinky, bc my hair ALWAYS will revert a bit post relaxer. I've always used ORS Olive Oil relaxer, and I dilute liberally with an oil (either coconut or olive), to give myself more time.

Oh and if it helps, I relax in halves (parted straight down the middle) .

SuchaLady

I think Im gonna finally relax my hair Friday. Im gonna really miss these curls :cry: but Im destroying my hair; I rarely even wash it now because I hate combing and styling :look:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I tried the 1/2 and 1/2 method twice and even with washing the front half (first) over the sink, with caps and clips, I still wasn't able to keep the back half completely dry.

Saludable84 I did have plastic caps and it still got wet. I did half the head and the other half I had covered with a clip to hold it down more and it still ended up wet. I tried this method twice and both the same thing

I don't do front to back, I do side to side. Front to back would never work for me. Im one of those smart people thats really stupid, so I could never grasp the hang of front and back and didn't embarrass myself in my mirror and even try. :nono:

NGraceO

I tried the 1/2 and 1/2 method twice and even with washing the front half (first) over the sink, with caps and clips, I still wasn't able to keep the back half completely dry.

I could never do half and half splitting the top and bottoms.

I do half and half split down the middle.

brownb83

I bought a porosity control spray I never tried it before. Have you guys ever tried a spray on porosity control before?

Evolving78

I bought a porosity control spray I never tried it before. Have you guys ever tried a spray on porosity control before?
I have never seen it before. I got a bottle of that other stuff and just need to throw it out! I have low porosity and that stuff is no good for me. It help once or twice in the past.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
While I get my hair back on track, I'm going back to Nexxus products. My hair was healthiest on those products. I'll start my search for therappe, humectress and Keraphix tomorrow.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Nix08 right! commercial is safe and effective. Formulas aren't shifty and unpredictable. Best of all, it's available on the ground.

sunnieb

While I get my hair back on track, I'm going back to Nexxus products. My hair was healthiest on those products. I'll start my search for therappe, humectress and Keraphix tomorrow.

My hair love Nexxus! I dc'd with Humectress last night.

I buy the huge bottles of Therappe and Humectress from Costco. :grin:

Babygrowth

Nix08 right! commercial is safe and effective. Formulas aren't shifty and unpredictable. Best of all, it's available on the ground.

This is sooo true! I find myself looking at Dominican products and Nexxus too! Hell I'm even curious about Motions. But happy Target has natural lines and I've discovered a Trader Joe's and Whole foods that's nearby.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Ya divachyk. .i don't have the dedication anymore. I just need it to work and work fast:look:

I like my other stuff, but even with abuse my hair was still in good condition. I'll just keep online products as treats. I'm going to ulta with coupons tomorrow for three separate transactions.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I like my other stuff, but even with abuse my hair was still in good condition. I'll just keep online products as treats. I'm going to ulta with coupons tomorrow for three separate transactions.

You're telling the truth Saludable84. My hair was in much better shape back when I did nothing to it daily and used Mizani products.

xu93texas

Saludable84 I too am migrating back to commercial slowly but surely.

I have to jump in and say I agree with you ladies. Commercial/salon products work best on my hair. I could so tell the difference between using SSI products and my favorite commercial products :KeraCare Hydrating shampoo/ Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm/it's a 10 leave in/PM Super Skinny Serum.

I went to a stylist last week who was floored that I was 3 months post and my hair was so healthy, thick from the roots to the ends. She asked me for my regimen. Made my day!

Babygrowth

I miss using Nioxin products. That tingly feeling was amazing. I used to love Mizani Thermasmooth but I have much more body and thickness now than I had during my salon days. All I need now is to master rollersetting.

greenandchic

I miss using Nioxin products. That tingly feeling was amazing. I used to love Mizani Thermasmooth but I have much more body and thickness now than I had during my salon days. All I need now is to master rollersetting.

Is Nioxin for hair loss or is it good for thickening?

SuchaLady

I have to jump in and say I agree with you ladies. Commercial/salon products work best on my hair. I could so tell the difference between using SSI products and my favorite commercial products :KeraCare Hydrating shampoo/ Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm/it's a 10 leave in/PM Super Skinny Serum. I went to a stylist last week who was floored that I was 3 months post and my hair was so healthy, thick from the roots to the ends. She asked me for my regimen. Made my day!

I own all of this except the shampoo, are these your weekly products? I wish someone would slap me because I lost my SSS; never even opened it. That little bottle was expensive :cry:

xu93texas

I own all of this except the shampoo, are these your weekly products? I wish someone would slap me because I lost my SSS; never even opened it. That little bottle was expensive :cry:

Yes, it is my usual regimen. I also add oils to my DC (usually rice bran, wheat germ, jojoba, and EVOO) and I pre-poo with EVCO and Strong Roots Pimento Oil. I will say that I'm trying to use up products in my stash and I've been using some other DC's in my stash, but Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm is da bomb! My second fave DC is Macadamia Deep Repair Masque.

I feel you on the PM SSS. I only bought the small bottle. I will purchase the larger bottle from Ulta after Thanksgiving. The good thing is it's so concentrated, it'll last a long time.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Babygrowth

I used Mill Creek Keratin on my ends when I DC'd with Darcy's Botanical Deep Conditioning mask and my hair feels great! I will do this every other wash.