Relaxed Hair Thread

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Someone told me yesterday that a) there is no such think as moisture overload and b) that natural hair products are made for natural hair do they penetrate better and will affect my relaxed hair more because it drier and damaged. I let her talk then left the conversation.

My friend later said "did you tell her you have a hair blog?" I replied "why, she clearly knows everything?" Though she sounded stupid as all heck.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

Someone told me yesterday that a) there is no such think as moisture overload and b) that natural hair products are made for natural hair do they penetrate better and will affect my relaxed hair more because it drier and damaged. I let her talk then left the conversation.

My friend later said "did you tell her you have a hair blog?" I replied "why, she clearly knows everything?" Though she sounded stupid as all heck.

misinformed people smh

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
misinformed people smh

I wanted to laugh at her so bad because she didn't get it. She thought that I had demarcation breakage. I haven't had demarcation breakage in almost 2 years now. Somehow, she just think I stretch relaxers doesn't notice the texture in my hair. I don't have time to explain to people who just don't know. I'm good.

Lilmama1011

I wanted to laugh at her so bad because she didn't get it. She thought that I had demarcation breakage. I haven't had demarcation breakage in almost 2 years now. Somehow, she just think I stretch relaxers doesn't notice the texture in my hair. I don't have time to explain to people who just don't know. I'm good.

people kill me, they learn some hair vocabulary and all of a sudden they are an expert. how was her hair? Saludable

Mahsiah

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

coolsista-paris

Someone told me yesterday that a) there is no such think as moisture overload and b) that natural hair products are made for natural hair do they penetrate better and will affect my relaxed hair more because it drier and damaged. I let her talk then left the conversation. My friend later said "did you tell her you have a hair blog?" I replied "why, she clearly knows everything?" Though she sounded stupid as all heck. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

oh my... she better search for real information before ending up bald

coolsista-paris

Don't go near her... Watch that video, find a friend to help you for speed and Keep practicing until you feel confident....

ive just hang up With my old stylist. next friday im relaxing. it will cost me 81$ for everything. cool !!!! she is so nice. i used to have nice relaxed hair with her. with body ang moving everywhere at each step... but then i didnt know how to take care of my hair out of appointments....

anyway i might come in next week with some pictures. i hope all will be fine.

do you think i should do a apoghee 2 step today or tomorrow? then dc very well and protective style untill friday?

i have to prepare my hair right?

Mahsiah

:lachen: Some naturals relax their edges but I'm relaxed and I don't even do that.

I always base my edges with petroleum based grease.

NGraceO

ive just hang up With my old stylist. next friday im relaxing. it will cost me 81$ for everything. cool !!!! she is so nice. i used to have nice relaxed hair with her. with body ang moving everywhere at each step... but then i didnt know how to take care of my hair out of appointments.... anyway i might come in next week with some pictures. i hope all will be fine. do you think i should do a apoghee 2 step today or tomorrow? then dc very well and protective style untill friday? i have to prepare my hair right?

DEFINITELY do the two step. The sooner the better :yup: I wish I would've known about those before I relaxed virgin. And just make sure your hair is well de tangled going into it so there is less manipulation the day of. Just my two cents lol

JudithO

ive just hang up With my old stylist. next friday im relaxing. it will cost me 81$ for everything. cool !!!! she is so nice. i used to have nice relaxed hair with her. with body ang moving everywhere at each step... but then i didnt know how to take care of my hair out of appointments.... anyway i might come in next week with some pictures. i hope all will be fine. do you think i should do a apoghee 2 step today or tomorrow? then dc very well and protective style untill friday? i have to prepare my hair right?

Make sure your hair is stretched with braids or twists before you go. Will reduce manipulation... Don't disturb your hair for the week... Watchtower hat video I shared so u know what she should be doing... Feel free to make suggestions to her is u feel she is jacking up your hair. Good luck.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
people kill me, they learn some hair vocabulary and all of a sudden they are an expert. how was her hair? Saludable

She has a purple natural Mohawk which someone told her was DRY!!!! A natural hair stylist on top of that. I wasn't even mad. She trying to convert me but has no proof to show me the choice is better. I ain't even mad at her. She's showing me more and more that my life is got and hers is not.

Babygrowth

She has a purple natural Mohawk which someone told her was DRY!!!! A natural hair stylist on top of that. I wasn't even mad. She trying to convert me but has no proof to show me the choice is better. I ain't even mad at her. She's showing me more and more that my life is got and hers is not.

Wowwwwww! GTFOH! Thats like This stylist I was going to go to said natural hair is more versatile than relaxed hair. She just lost a customer with that biased opinion. If anything we are equally versatile.

Mahsiah

How can you tell if your hair is overprocessed? I noticed the woman who does my relaxers overlaps. But I always add about 1/2 tablespoons of oil to my relaxers. :look:

I always shampoo with aphogee for damaged hair and I always deep condition or do my protein treatments.

My hair still has the ability to get really big when air dried and no it doesn't have a curl pattern. I get breakage but it's not like I can't tell it's growing/not retaining length.

and when I flat wrap (wrapping hair wet), when it's dry I have alot of natural body and it's not stiff.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Air drying late nights. Not into this hair thing anymore. Somebody needs to give me a thousand dollars so I can afford to buy virgin hair & pay the lady to get it done.

coolsista-paris

Make sure your hair is stretched with braids or twists before you go. Will reduce manipulation... Don't disturb your hair for the week... Watchtower hat video I shared so u know what she should be doing... Feel free to make suggestions to her is u feel she is jacking up your hair. Good luck.

thanks for all this advice.
my job managers wont be happy but i will have to wear some twists.... :-/

and gosh im gonna lose length because my hair thinned out so bad.... i know i have to cut a good amount!

coolsista-paris

DEFINITELY do the two step. The sooner the better :yup: I wish I would've known about those before I relaxed virgin. And just make sure your hair is well de tangled going into it so there is less manipulation the day of. Just my two cents lol

thanks a lot. then im gonna do the 2 step today after work!
i will stretch a little with tension method and twist. that way it will be stretched without tangles. i will undo the twists thursday (thats 1 day before getting the relaxer)

i feek like cuting my hair from my twists but i will leave everything to the stylist i guess.

JudithO

How can you tell if your hair is overprocessed? I noticed the woman who does my relaxers overlaps. But I always add about 1/2 tablespoons of oil to my relaxers. :look: I always shampoo with aphogee for damaged hair and I always deep condition or do my protein treatments. My hair still has the ability to get really big when air dried and no it doesn't have a curl pattern. I get breakage but it's not like I can't tell it's growing/not retaining length. and when I flat wrap (wrapping hair wet), when it's dry I have alot of natural body and it's not stiff.

Oh, you'd know if your hair is overprocessed. The hair will be really thin and clump together... Will be really weak and easy to break if pulled... Almost impossible to comb wet except you want to break it all off.

apemay1969

How do folks go past 10 weeks? Lawd, it ain't even like I have mega growing, super thick, 4c hair. I'm thin, fine, almost shoulder length 3c hair. Ain't a lot to mess with up here but omg. I'm scared cause the upcoming touch-up after my courageous virgin texlax application is freaking me out. I want to transition so I won't have the loss of hope when I have to cut it anyway.

*sigh

Ok. Self pity rant over. I'm taking a walk to the BSS that I love that is now 4 blocks away since my move, check out the price on ORS Mild then walk to 24 hr Walgreens to buy it there cheaper. :) I just did a deep protein and braided my hair for a week in a rather cute Vivica Fox synthetic lace front (I can't do human). I plan to do my touch up Thanjsgiving weekend at my mama's house while she and my sister are there to help. I'm visiting a friend in Dallas the next weekend and I want touchable hair by then.

I'm excited, just scared. Anybody else have touch up fears? Not of screwing up right now but fear of how what you're doing now will affect you in the future?

NGraceO

How do folks go past 10 weeks? Lawd, it ain't even like I have mega growing, super thick, 4c hair. I'm thin, fine, almost shoulder length 3c hair. Ain't a lot to mess with up here but omg. I'm scared cause the upcoming touch-up after my courageous virgin texlax application is freaking me out. I want to transition so I won't have the loss of hope when I have to cut it anyway. *sigh Ok. Self pity rant over. I'm taking a walk to the BSS that I love that is now 4 blocks away since my move, check out the price on ORS Mild then walk to 24 hr Walgreens to buy it there cheaper. :) I just did a deep protein and braided my hair for a week in a rather cute Vivica Fox synthetic lace front (I can't do human). I plan to do my touch up Thanjsgiving weekend at my mama's house while she and my sister are there to help. I'm visiting a friend in Dallas the next weekend and I want touchable hair by then. I'm excited, just scared. Anybody else have touch up fears? Not of screwing up right now but fear of how what you're doing now will affect you in the future?

Yup. This is me. Every. Frickin. Time. Usually I get great results (well, I did when I virgin texlaxed my hair and when I did my first touch up) but after my 12 week post texlax massacre (I'm dramatic, but it was pretty disastrous), I'm super nervous to texlax anything other than at least 6 month post hair (I just do better relaxing more rather than less new growth). My next touch up will be my third touch up ever, so I'm far from mastering it.

Why did you want to transition?

NGraceO

beloved1bx

I've always avoided trying out product brands that are only available online because I refuse to pay for shipping. But earlier this year I tried some Komaza hair lotion which my hair actually seemed to like. Figured I'd re-up during a Black Friday sale. I innocently poked my head into the BF threads to see if a code had been posted. BIG mistake. Now I've seen the sales posted for all these other brands. I have multiple tabs open on my laptop to do a little light browsing 'just to see what's out there'. Sigh. We shall see if I have to join PJs Anonymous next week.

Are any of you ladies planning on making BF purchases? What's on your list?

NGraceO

High porosity ladies- how are y'all surviving in these streets!?! I feel like I am going to be cutting split ends till i die :( I've been texlaxed for a year, and I've incorporated all I know how to help my delicate strands- hard protein ( I try every other month, but not always), henna (occasionally), low manipulation styles when out (strictly buns), I'm now laying off heat, and am in braids. Any help/ encouragement is needed.

NGraceO