Relaxed Hair Thread

LaurenMechelle

I found it! Thanks! I went to WallyWorld and they had 4 piece sets for $9.88!! Winning!!! I bought 2....:grin: I am also loving the nutrient spray, I am very heavy handed and need to lighten up but I am so happy you shared this!!!!!

ZOMG jealous!!! That's an incredible deal!! And yeah - nutrient spray is awesome!

I secretly hoard because I'm always paranoid they'll change the formula :look:

PlainJane

Okay, I think my problem may be protein overload. I googled the two moisturizers I had been using daily and they both have protein. Also, so does the new conditioner I had been using every now and then. I just clarified and am DCing overnight with keracare moisturizing conditioner. I applied it relaxer style so I'm hoping for the best in the morning!! Thanks ladies for all your help!

tapioca_pudding

I replied back in that thread but it does work well. The runoff causes less damage in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks for the feedback!!

tapioca_pudding I'm so excited for you! I love that you are doing plenty of research beforehand! :yep:

I do a light protein dc 3 days prior to relaxing and I also do the mid-relaxer protein step. Then my first dc after a fresh relaxer is light protein again. From there I alternate between protein and moisturizing dc's.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I think what Im going to do is spray my hair with SAAs before relaxing, let it air dry, relax and then do a mid protein step. I dont want to risk being underprocessed but I definitely want that added strength. I just have to decide which day Im going to relax.. hell I might do it tonight lol.

SuchaLady

If high buns are your favorite style but breakage scares you flip your head upside down! I let gravity do all the work for me. I actually have to brush and smooth more for a low bun than I do for high.

Babygrowth

Thanks for the feedback!!

Thank you so much for the feedback! I think what Im going to do is spray my hair with SAAs before relaxing, let it air dry, relax and then do a mid protein step. I dont want to risk being underprocessed but I definitely want that added strength. I just have to decide which day Im going to relax.. hell I might do it tonight lol.
I used CHI silk infusion as my SAA and although my hair was a little underprocessed, I will use It every time. I will just have to modify my technique. Go for it!

tapioca_pudding

I used CHI silk infusion as my SAA and although my hair was a little underprocessed, I will use It every time. I will just have to modify my technique. Go for it!

Babygrowth - I went home on my lunch break and misted my hair with SAA. :look: :lol: Im okay if its a bit underprocessed this go round, Ill jus know how to tweak it for next time like you mentioned. Thank you for responding!

TheNDofUO

I love baggying overnight. But I'm someone who does very regular protein treatments. I don't think it's a good idea if you're not sure you're getting enough protein.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I use the CHI every relaxer and the crisco traps it in. it still works pretty good.

Anyone used affirm fiberguard or naked relaxer with success or unfortunately, failure.
I used the Affirm. It leaves a lot of texture. Its good, but I wouldn't recommend it since I don't see myself using it in the future.

For you ladies who do the ghe method, what has it done for your relaxed hair?
It left my hair wet, then a tad moist. I had to use protein more often.

SuchaLady

I think my hair retains moisture well from my conditioner because any of the methods mentioned to boost moisture levels (ex. Cowashing, baggying, GHE) leave my hair greasy and nasty.

Babygrowth

For you ladies who do the ghe method, what has it done for your relaxed hair?

I only baggy for a couple of hours and its mostly when I do bantu knots or apply a product intended for growth. It maintains my moisture level and helps all products really sink in. My highly porous hair Can't take more than 3 hours. By the way I love your hair! :drool:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Someone come talk to my edges because the gels gave up!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-325061705.jpg
    image-325061705.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 66

niknakmac

So I was trying to wait until the week of my birthday to relax (Dec 17) but I want to look cute for the holiday!!!! I'm tired of my bun and I think a blow out right now would be a disaster....hmmmmmmmm maybe a bantu knot out.

SincerelyBeautiful

So I was trying to wait until the week of my birthday to relax (Dec 17) but I want to look cute for the holiday!!!! I'm tired of my bun and I think a blow out right now would be a disaster....hmmmmmmmm maybe a bantu knot out.

I'm all for Bantu knot outs :) that's my Go-To hairstyle when I'm looking for something Jazzy to do to my hair!!!

mschristine

I got a trim this morning...she got rid of a lot of nasty looking ends..my hair feels and looks better. Now it's time to focus on this breakage in the back.....

coolsista-paris

what do you ladies think of this price:

186$ for relaxing virgin /natural hair at a salon... the details below( they really count everythig alone)!

- relaxer (no lye): 89$
-extra charge for virgin hair : 23$
-shampoo: 16$
-cut: 24$
-hairstying: 33$

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had not been in a salon for 6 years so im not used to the prices but isnt this excessive????

i might end up self relaxing........

tell me what you think please.

Lilmama1011

what do you ladies think of this price: 186$ for relaxing virgin /natural hair at a salon... the details below( they really count everythig alone)! - relaxer (no lye): 89$ -extra charge for virgin hair : 23$ -shampoo: 16$ -cut: 24$ -hairstying: 33$ wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had not been in a salon for 6 years so im not used to the prices but isnt this excessive???? i might end up self relaxing........ tell me what you think please.

Heck no!!!!!!!