Relaxed Hair Thread

SincerelyBeautiful

My grandma the bully strikes again :perplexed: I held my ground and she finally gave up. Good lord. sharifeh is anyone trying to force you to relax your hair? WTH :mad:

Your grandma sounds like mine. She is always stressing me over relaxing my "naps" and hers for that matter lol. She expects that all black women hair should be straight and in order. My daughter is natural and she hates that I let her wear her natural curls. It's a commercial out about the Eggo Waffles where the lil sister tells the brother "you can't touch this" and my granny swears that lol girl needs a perm lmbo!!! I'm just like geesh leave the naturals alone man lol. I relax every six months and she freaks out that I do so you are not alone SuchaLady!!!!

SuchaLady

SincerelyBeautiful :lachen::lachen: I cant even be mad. Its not even so much of being relaxed being that she is from the pressing comb era :lol::lol::lol: But its so annoying that straight hair = done to her. I can have the neatest, most smooth bun ever and she will ask why I didnt do anything to my hair today :rolleyes::lol: She is going to be really upset when I grow this relaxer out. I politely told her I didnt need one and Im not getting one. I cant be responsible for what I say if she asks me again :look:

ETA: I love that commercial! And I love that the kids arent mixed. #YesISaidIt #IonCurr

Your grandma sounds like mine. She is always stressing me over relaxing my "naps" and hers for that matter lol. She expects that all black women hair should be straight and in order. My daughter is natural and she hates that I let her wear her natural curls. It's a commercial out about the Eggo Waffles where the lil sister tells the brother "you can't touch this" and my granny swears that lol girl needs a perm lmbo!!! I'm just like geesh leave the naturals alone man lol. I relax every six months and she freaks out that I do so you are not alone SuchaLady!!!!

coolsista-paris

SincerelyBeautiful :lachen::lachen: I cant even be mad. Its not even so much of being relaxed being that she is from the pressing comb era :lol::lol::lol: But its so annoying that straight hair = done to her. I can have the neatest, most smooth bun ever and she will ask why I didnt do anything to my hair today :rolleyes::lol: She is going to be really upset when I grow this relaxer out. I politely told her I didnt need one and Im not getting one. I cant be responsible for what I say if she asks me again :look: ETA: I love that commercial! And I love that the kids arent mixed. #YesISaidIt #IonCurr

im natural . when i saw my grandma last year i said " hey see how my hair has grown back" she said " yes its growing back well. but it will be pretty straight, you should straighten it" :-/

i was like, whats up with the okd generation. they went throught a lot but their beauty standards are sleek hair! i told my dad i was natural . him " yeah, its not so pretty wearing the hair like that" ...... ok whatever

anyway after 6 years without relaxer, im relaxing in a 2-3 weeks. its my decision. i feel like it. thats gonna make some of my family members happy lol..... pfff il not doing it for them though. just need a change. im bored now with this hair...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

That little girl is adorable, but they could have at least moisturized that child's hair! :sad:

apemay1969

That little girl is adorable, but they could have at least moisturized that child's hair! :sad:

:lachen: Her hair looked soft and fluffy to me but maybe I miss it from cringing at the young man's lack of acting skills and letting out a sigh of relief at the girl child's realism. I was scared she would sound like something from 227. Ill pay attention next time.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I wanna get outta bed and do my hair, as I was supposed to start last night, but a nap is calling my name. I think I will find the On Demand button or Netflix and get back under the covers. I will hate myself for this choice later.

sharifeh

SuchaLady said:
My grandma the bully strikes again :perplexed: I held my ground and she finally gave up. Good lord. sharifeh is anyone trying to force you to relax your hair? WTH :mad:

No not yet but that's because they don't know yet I'm not as far along as you though
I'm also using heat regularly to blend
Once my family catches on to the fact that I haven't relaxed in awhile they're gonna start :nono:
I'm hiding it from them for as long as possible :lachen:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sharifeh

SuchaLady said:
My 6000th post! Only right it goes here :wink2: Anywhoo, totally overslept and my hair was begging to be washed :nono: Dont have much time so Im doing a dry dc with my beloved Emergencee. Im going to attempt to rollerset quickly or something for manageability :sad: then I will try my stretching style from upthread with the front twist and bun.

SuchaLady
I washed last night and didn't end up roller setting i got too lazy
I might rinse again and do it tonight

So you use emergencee too? Ive been wanting to try that one forever I can never find it in store though so I have to order it
I still have to order hicks edges
Amazon has hicks edges right? That would make life much easier

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
SuchaLady

So you use emergencee too? Ive been wanting to try that one forever I can never find it in store though so I have to order it

I was supposed to do a lot of things yesterday, so don't feel bad. I am more than likely going to roller set, though I wouldn't mind a braid/twist out because my hair really loves those styles. I just don't feel like the upkeep during the week with the dry weather.

Emergencee is really good, it got my hair back in track in no time! but I used that back when my hair was damaged. If I did that now my hair would be like :ohwell:

I bid on some hicks on ebay for like $6, but then retracted my bid because I bought some Curly Kinks (the natural ingredients pull me back every time).

EnExitStageLeft

Saludable84

SO kept asking when I was going to wash my hair and I asked him why. He pulled up the picture of my braidout and said he wanted it like that again. I died laughing. He really loves that style.

sharifeh

Saludable84

SO kept asking when I was going to wash my hair and I asked him why. He pulled up the picture of my braidout and said he wanted it like that again. I died laughing. He really loves that style.

thats really cute
whats your braidout method? do you know how to cornrow?
i cannot for the life of me figure out that style

I was supposed to do a lot of things yesterday, so don't feel bad. I am more than likely going to roller set, though I wouldn't mind a braid/twist out because my hair really loves those styles. I just don't feel like the upkeep during the week with the dry weather.

Emergencee is really good, it got my hair back in track in no time! but I used that back when my hair was damaged. If I did that now my hair would be like :ohwell:

I bid on some hicks on ebay for like $6, but then retracted my bid because I bought some Curly Kinks (the natural ingredients pull me back every time).

Saludable84
thanks emergencee is definitely on my list of products to try

you're the one that goes to aytens salon too right? I wonder if ive ever seen you
i wish i could do braidouts and twistouts
are you texalxed? maybe thats why

EnExitStageLeft

sharifeh

I always do my braidouts on dry stretched hair. I used a liquid, a oil and a cream. Braid my hair in about 10 -15 sections (depending on my laziness) and perm rod and/or flexi rod the ends. I can't cornroll, so this is what works best for me.

Mahsiah Also does really pretty braidouts and from what I know she is relaxed bone straight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SuchaLady

SuchaLady

sharifeh yes I love Emergencee. If you can't find it try the Sally's version of kpak. It's awesome as well. I definitely didn't rollerset. I did a bun and it turned out so neat and smooth I got scared :blush: I have to figure out what I'm going to do with my hair though. I'm leaving for a business trip Sunday :ohwell:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84

That style is the troof! It frames you cheekbones well :yep:

The braid out in my thumbnail got me an "Excuse You" and my last twist out from last weekend got me an attitude for the day because I didn't spend that day with him with that hairstyle. Looks like I will need to be switching it up on the weekends to comply :look: He has told me he prefers my hair curly anyway.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
thats really cute
whats your braidout method? do you know how to cornrow?
i cannot for the life of me figure out that style

Saludable84
thanks emergencee is definitely on my list of products to try

you're the one that goes to aytens salon too right? I wonder if ive ever seen you
i wish i could do braidouts and twistouts
are you texalxed? maybe thats why

Ive never been to aytens, but I want to go. She is on 150th and Riverside right? I heard she texlaxes, but Im still scared of salons thinking they will hack off my bone straight ends.

My hair is mostly texlaxed, except for the last 4 inches or so, but the wavy/curly texlaxed hair is only shoulder to a little below the shoulder (stretched, unscretched its at my mid-neck) and the rest of my texlaxed hair is BSL.

Braidouts aren't hard but if you ever have doubt of the volume or definition, use the cool setting or use a diffuser to dry your hair, and you'll be hair envy in no time.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
sharifeh

I always do my braidouts on dry stretched hair. I used a liquid, a oil and a cream. Braid my hair in about 10 -15 sections (depending on my laziness) and perm rod and/or flexi rod the ends. I can't cornroll, so this is what works best for me.

Mahsiah Also does really pretty braidouts and from what I know she is relaxed bone straight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mahsiah is my relaxed hair crush. I would say what I really feel in my best Rick James voice, but I don't want to get banned off this board. Her hair is thebomb.com/tothe10thpower-sexygirlyouknowsheboutit :yep:

Mahsiah

sharifeh

I think I am. :look:
Mahsiah is my relaxed hair crush. I would say what I really feel in my best Rick James voice, but I don't want to get banned off this board. Her hair is thebomb.com/tothe10thpower-sexygirlyouknowsheboutit :yep:

omg thanks ladies! :blush::blush:

Mahsiah

Mahsiah

:poke:
How can I stalk your hair?
Any tips for braidouts?

I had to find the links
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=19086781&postcount=146
for that type of braidout I do 6 plaits, 3 on each side on freshly washed hair. Sometimes I don't use product and I comb the braids out with a wide tooth comb.

if I want the crinkly curly look I do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWXUY9nVh5A

here are some other pics of my hair, nothing special :look:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18860915&postcount=197
http://www.hairlista.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=2kz7cuk67tqp8

Lilmama1011

I had to find the links
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=19086781&postcount=146
for that type of braidout I do 6 plaits, 3 on each side on freshly washed hair. Sometimes I don't use product and I comb the braids out with a wide tooth comb.

if I want the crinkly curly look I do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWXUY9nVh5A

here are some other pics of my hair, nothing special :look:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=18860915&postcount=197
http://www.hairlista.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=2kz7cuk67tqp8

Mahsiah how do you preserve a braidout over the week?

mschristine

I've asked this question before but a little differently. Do you ladies think it's safe to do a hard protein treatment (aphogee 2 step) 2 weeks after a relaxer? I haven't done one since the end of September but since i did just relax, I wasn't sure if it was ok...any advice?

Lilmama1011

I've asked this question before but a little differently. Do you ladies think it's safe to do a hard protein treatment (aphogee 2 step) 2 weeks after a relaxer? I haven't done one since the end of September but since i did just relax, I wasn't sure if it was ok...any advice?

I'm pretty sure it would be fine especially that it has been a while since you had a protein treatment. I would think you would be feigning for some protein at this moment

mschristine

I'm pretty sure it would be fine especially that it has been a while since you had a protein treatment. I would think you would be feigning for some protein at this moment

I think so too! I want to prevent a lot of post relaxer shedding so hopefully this will help

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

2 weeks before and after a relaxer, along with the day of, my hair sees nothing but protein. Haven't had a problem yet!

mschristine

mschristine I with Saludable84 on this. Before, Midstep and After....all protein. But it depends on the hair. My hair LOVES the stuff.

I only did a reconstructor 2 weeks before my relaxer. I did do the midstep protein before I neutralized, used a mild protein DC, 2 liquid leave ins that are protein based and a creamy leave in that was also protein based before I blow dried and flat ironed. I've seen minimal shedding so far so hopefully the 2 step treatment in two weeks will keep holding it off

EnExitStageLeft

mschristine

BOB Days:

I did them all long, assymetrical, bangs, blunt, short. :cry3: I LOVE BOBS!