Relaxed Hair Thread

I could never get all my hair rolled the Mohawk way. Funny you mention the quadrants since that's the way I'm gonna try. My most successful rollerset was done in fours.

That's typically how I do my sets. My hair fits better into rollers that way. The Mohawk was always too hard for me.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm getting a relaxer next Tuesday.

Earlier than planned.

sharifeh Part your hair in half from forehead to nape. Then in half again from ear to ear. Much easier and you are less likely to get frustrated. It just seems like less hair when Ive tried it that way. And another thing. Direction of the hair being rolled or the hair roller itself arent terribly important either. Im no genius rollersetter but Ive had a few successful sets and that is how I did it.

SuchaLady Saludable84
setting in quadrants? im intrigued, how does it look?

Last edited:
Almost 2014 and people still think because your hair is relaxed, it can't/won't be long and if your hair looks nice (refer to avatar) you're natural. :look:

I'm too tired, and lazy to rollerset my hair right now. I know It will look a hot mess in the morning though.

I already I know I'm going to have to flat iron it when I get up.

SuchaLady said:
SuchaLady (and anyone else of course) this works well when several weeks post relaxer. She blowdried on cool air first so it's virtually heatless. It may work for your events as well. http://youtu.be/8clZdaAZZuY http://youtu.be/KGJe59aoWzE

Wow that looks nice
I've never had luck with flexi rods maybe I'm not using enough product
I'll have to try that one day, how she is so far post relaxer but her roots look fine?? My hair isn't flourishing lmaoo :lol:

Thinking about giving up the ghost and relaxing/texlaxing.... I just think straighter hair works better for my lifestyle (daily workouts). My ends suffer because they're either tangled, or Im using a lot of heat to get them straight. So I never really see progress. I love being natural but I think at this point its time to relax so I can retain length and see my progress. I can't see how doing a BKT every 6 -8 weeks, using high heat and many passes with the flat iron can be good for my hair; I feel like it's thinning. So in about 8 weeks or so I'll likely be doing a "light" relaxer (texlax) and just call it a day. It's not like I wear wash n go's or curly styles anyway; I keep my hair straight 85% of the time. :drunk:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, just gotta be careful where you post stuff like this :lol:

It's in the 30s and oh my gosh...we're freezing. You know Floridians are climatized to hot but never cold.

Wow that looks nice
I've never had luck with flexi rods maybe I'm not using enough product
I'll have to try that one day, how she is so far post relaxer but her roots look fine?? My hair isn't flourishing lmaoo :lol:

:lachen: I've tried it. It works well and is really pretty. She managed her new growth really well for 15 months. How idk :lol:

SuchaLady said:
:lachen: I've tried it. It works well and is really pretty. She managed her new growth really well for 15 months. How idk :lol:

And you airdried first with no product?
Did you use a scarf?
It's hard for me to airdry without looking crazy :rofl:

I think I blowdried on cool like she did. Or it may have been an old press. Actually I think it was an old flat iron :scratchch: does your blowdryer have a cool button? It straightens better than you would think.

And you airdried first with no product?
Did you use a scarf?
It's hard for me to airdry without looking crazy :rofl:

It's in the 30s and oh my gosh...we're freezing. You know Floridians are climatized to hot but never cold.

divachyk It's no better over here in Texas! Was 29° on my way to work this morning. :freezing: Total bunning weather!

But, it IS Texas. Supposed to be back in the 70s for the weekend. :grin:

I want to dye my hair dark brown or black. I need to do a semi-perm color first though to see if I will like it. Dark hair always looks so much shinier to me

Ms. Tiki

Yes! Your guys are up in the mountains so it gets pretty nippy there :yep:

@SuchaLady

It was 32 degrees here today and I was so miserable :lachen:. I went to work in boots, a sweater, a peacoat, a wool scarf, a beanie and gloves.

I plan on ordering my texturizer on Black Friday. I'm hoping it will be on sale. I just put braids in my hair & I'm already dreaming about a fresh relaxer:lachen:

Last edited:
Back