Relaxed and Naturals How do you comb out "old" curls without breakage?

Qualitee

Lets say you did a tight curl set like bantu knots or perm rod set. Or maybe your hair is naturaly curly. how do you comb it out on wash day without breakage?:spinning::drunk:

KELIS.jpg

A TON of conditioner and/or oil saturated on my hair and then I take sections of hair and comb/brush (starting at the ends) with a seamless wide tooth comb or my denman.

NO COMBS for me!! I usually get in the shower and let the water run through it until it's thoroughly wet before I manipulate. Even then I don't comb, I use my hands. Less breakage for me.

No combs!
I would fingercomb it, a little, dry, then I would soak it in a deep conditioner, and finger comb it more, then I would let the DC sit for at LEAST an hour (maybe more) and then and only then, take a comb to it. By that time, the moisture and the conditioner has 'pulled' most of the curls out, and it's much easier to comb through.

for relaxed, drench in condish then rinse then shampoo and go about your business as usual.

for natural, i honestly don't know, I would think you would have to detangle it first then braid it, drench in condish, then shampoo?

wet, coated in conditioner, with a wide- toothed comb...at least 3x a week. BTW I am natural 4a.

I always put my head under running water and rinse for a looooong time. The water does most of the detangling -- sometimes I finger comb to help things out.

I don't ever use an actual comb until it's time to style.

NO COMBS for me!! I usually get in the shower and let the water run through it until it's thoroughly wet before I manipulate. Even then I don't comb, I use my hands. Less breakage for me.

I'm natural and I do the same. If it's a bantu knot out or something I might separate the larger pieces with my fingers first. But usually I just get my hair soaking wet in the shower, I let the water do all the work. Then I use my fingers to comb through.

i'm natural and i rarely use combs. i just run it through the shower and then proceed to wash it .when i was relaxed and getting roller/rod sets i would do the same thing.

Wash it first. Do NOT comb dry curls! If you are relaxed the curls will "wash out" anyway. If you're natural they still should loosen enough for you to detangle comfortably

Back