Naturals how often do you comb?

Netta1

I only pull out my comb for detangling and parting for styles...

I do not comb my hair often....

aa9746

End of the year and trying to retain every hair so I haven't combed in 10 weeks (detangling with my fingers). So far it's working my top layer just reached my shoulder this week.

But normally I detangle with a paddle brush or denman every 2-3 weeks.

winnettag

I keep my hair braided up some kind of way, so I wind up combing when I take them down to wash and DC, which can be anywhere from 1 to 3 months.

Embyra

when i was natural i combed my hair everyday morning and night if my hair wasnt in plaits and would also use a denman brush

winnettag

I wear wigs

Ditto! :grin:

Well, for about half the time anyway. The other half of the time is individual braids.

If I wasn't always in a braided protective style I would probably comb every 2-3 days because it would be in a bun most of the time.

Mz.MoMo5235

i usually wear buns most days of the week... how can i go about not combing and doing my buns? should i just finger comb then slick with a brush. should i not finger comb and slick with a brush? i guess i could do either or... usually i take my bun down every nite, then in the morning i detangle with a shower comb and some detangler spray and re-bun. can my hair get matted by doing this with out combing???

Carrie A

I was doing it once a week. This past week I switched things up and braided my hair nightly, detangled each section with my fingers plus brushed the ends with the denman before braiding. My hair was so so easy to detangle come wash day and did not required conditioner- just water. I lost very little hair.

aa9746

Ditto! :grin:

Well, for about half the time anyway. The other half of the time is individual braids.

If I wasn't always in a braided protective style I would probably comb every 2-3 days because it would be in a bun most of the time.

Your fotki has been one of my hair inspiration!! You're the reason I started doing the longer stretches under my wigs and it has helped a lot, thanks a bunch. :rosebud: