Relax Ladies: Have you tried Straight fron Eden Relaxer or Haircare products?

Blue_Berry

My mom is relax and she usually uses Ors to relax her hair. We keep seeing an advertisement of Creme of Nature Straight from Eden relaxer TV and Youtube. This product suggest that it is all organic and has natural ingredients. It does not contain the harsh lye products. It also suggest it will not burn your hair or break it like traditional relaxers. They carry it in regular and fine to thin hair forumla. We saw youtubers reviews. Most of them said it was amazing, but I would love to hear the honesty of the ladies on the forum reviews.

Here is a video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9VYy4DWZ6E

FYI: I'm not encouraging naturals to relax their hair. I'm natural and plan on staying that way. However, this is information for my mother who is relax trying to seek a gentler alternative and keep her hair from breaking with relaxers. People can do whatever they please to their hair. It is their hair and not mind. As long as it is healthy that is all that matters

koolkittychick

Many reviewers have praised this product online, but please bear in mind:
  1. it is a no-lye relaxer, the same as any other in that the active ingredient (the stuff that straightens your hair) is either calcium or potassium hydroxide, which is essentially the same as sodium hydroxide(i.e., lye). The only difference between lye and no-lye is that lye is a little easier on your hair, but much harsher to your scalp, and no-lye is easier on your scalp (less burning), but much harsher to your hair in that it leaves mineral deposits on it, which dries it out and causes it to break.
  2. The ingredients in the relaxer are derived from natural and organic products, but are not necessarily natural in and of themselves. A quick read of the ingredients list will bear this out.
  3. While the relaxer kit steps seems to incorporate better relaxer practices (i.e., protien step immediately after rinse out of relaxer), it still does what relaxers do. It just uses better oils (coconut and avocado I believe?) instead of mineral oil to slow down/mitigate the damaging effects of the straightening chemical.
  4. The hair care line seems to be pretty good independant of the relaxer. I have seen some YouTubers incorporate some or all of them into their regimen, regardless of whether or not they would use the relaxer again.
Hope this helps your mom. :yep:

Last edited: