Lonei's Straight From Eden Relaxer Review

lonei

Hey guys

After a long time of using ORS relaxer I did some research on the Creme of Nature Straight From Eden Relaxer and eventually decided to give it a go. I normally do the half and half relaxer method (relaxing one side at a time) but this relaxer said you were not to let it stand more than 30 mins before applying it which forced me to relax my whole head at once which was a bit of a challenge and left some parts underprossed. I used the B system for thick/resistant hair. My main findings were:

It tingled but didn't burn

It textlaxed my hair rather than relaxed it bone straight but this could be due to the fact that I didn't do the half half method

The shampoo was really moisturising and the colour coded system was great. My hair was left detangled and soft

The conditioner and oil tangled my hair and made it hard. I had to add humecto afterwards which was only able to make it slightly better. I will NEVER use this again. This really spoilt the whole experience for me.

On rollersetting it didn't have that "you have just relaxed your hair and it is extremely fragile feeling" more like "you are 1 week post relaxer and are washing your hair"

I flat ironed after I rollersetted under the dryer and don't believe it would have been straight without the flat iron although this tends to happen with ORS

I flat ironed with Giovanni direct leave in and Frizz Be Gone serum already in my hair from the rollerset, it felt softer than usual and more flowly

Will I use it again? I think I may give it one more try without their oil and conditioner. It didn't come out as straight as I am used to but it did feel healthier than it normally does with ORS

Just wanted to share. God bless x

ForumRunner_20150131_192233.jpg

Evolving78

I just used this relaxer a few minutes ago. This is my second time. My hair is straight up texlaxed! If you are looking for something to straighten more, this isn't the relaxer for you! It looks like I am 6 weeks post! Lol and I was smoothing the hell out of my hair! I like it, but I am moving on. I need my hair a little more straight.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This relaxer is a texlaxer's dream! I think your hair came out gorgeous, IMHO. Looking great, ladies! :yep:

levette

I relaxed last week with Straight from Eden relaxer level B and love the results. My relaxers never come out bone straight anyway even the salon ones because my scalp is so sensitive and my hair is so coarse. my scalp did not burn at all and my hair feels buttery soft. I have been protective styling this week but plan to wash and flat-iron probably this week. I plan to post pics then. I plan to stick with this relaxer for a while.

Rnjones

I just used this relaxer a few minutes ago. This is my second time. My hair is straight up texlaxed! If you are looking for something to straighten more, this isn't the relaxer for you! It looks like I am 6 weeks post! Lol and I was smoothing the hell out of my hair! I like it, but I am moving on. I need my hair a little more straight.
Ditto. I used this for my last relaxer and was not pleased with the texture after (too much). Back to silk elements

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Nice review. Your hair looks really beautiful. That pic should be on the cover of a hair magazine.

Take more pics please. :)

What's your regimen?

Evolving78

This relaxer is a texlaxer's dream! I think your hair came out gorgeous, IMHO. Looking great, ladies! :yep:
it is! I used B, so no matter how long you keep this stuff on, it will not relax bone straight! I don't know. I may continue with this, but I had to use a lot of heat to straighten my hair.

fatimablush

nvm...questions answered

Last edited:

levette

anyone still using this relaxer as their main box relaxer. How has your hair done with this relaxer?

greenandchic

I used the A version two relaxers ago and I liked it except using the A version was a mistake. I was a bit underprocessed (even with me texlaxing). Everything else was good otherwise. I would like to use it again but haven't found it on the ground since.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been considering this relaxer; once I go back to relaxing. I was going to go back to Linage but I hate having to order my relaxer online. I think I'll give both of them a try; however I will use Linage for my virgin hair relaxer and then for a touch-up I'll try the Eden relaxer.