Rejoined the forum! Hair in a sorry state

alarafan

If I have a satin pillowcase do I still need to wrap my hair at night. It makes me feel like an old woman when I sleep with a headscarf!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Prior to starting my journey I always slept on a satin pillowcase for me I noticed a difference in my edges looking smooth and nice from adding the head wrap....it's not necessary though most people I think do one or the other:grin: It's been a year and now dh is starting to complain about it so I understand:giggle:

Naveah2050

Welcome back! I too had a similar hair type to you and what worked for me was stopping the relaxers and really taking the time to give my hair time to recover by putting it away in a weave and making sure I looked after it under that weave and did not leave it for too long - When i first joined I tried everything but in all honesty what really worked was finding a simple regime, sticking to it and protective styling, now even my own mother asks me if this is my own hair everytime she sees it lying down my back! From looking at your pic, I see a lot of new growth which leads me to believe that once you start looking after it properly, your growth will be unstoppable. Goodluck!