Ovation Cell/Mega Tek Ingredients

cocoberry10

Hi Ladies:

Although I haven't jumped on this bandwagon, and don't plan to, I am always interested when a new "fad" comes on this board to see what makes a product so special to some of you. Based on these ingredients, I honestly didn't know if there was some special ingredient that made these products seem so great. Here they are.

the difference in ingredients:

Ovation:Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

Mega-Tek Rebuilder:
Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein , stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein , peg 40 (no castor oil), panthenol, dimethicone copolyol (the one cone), magnesium citrate , allantoin , amino acids , methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides , polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea , fragrance

Irresistible

Hi Ladies:

Although I haven't jumped on this bandwagon, and don't plan to, I am always interested when a new "fad" comes on this board to see what makes a product so special to some of you. Based on these ingredients, I honestly didn't know if there was some special ingredient that made these products seem so great. Here they are.

the difference in ingredients:

Ovation:Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

Mega-Tek Rebuilder:
Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein , stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein , peg 40 (no castor oil), panthenol, dimethicone copolyol (the one cone), magnesium citrate , allantoin , amino acids , methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides , polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea , fragrance
so what you think cocoberry?

Irresistible

Whats in these products that makes the hair grow? Only if it promotes growth can it be called a growth aide. Or is it more of a treatment that decreases breakage promoting retention of growth?

is it a treatment or growth aid? or both? whats in it that is making the hair grow? Because based on pictures it seems to 'promote' growth, or faster growth

can someone possibly explain how it is doing this or what ingredient is doing this? Is it the Keratin? cause I'm lost on that

JustKiya

I broke down - as much as I could - the difference in ingredients in my blog.

I'm no hair chemist/scientist, so I don't know exactly which ingredient is providing the increased hair growth - and honestly, it doesn't much matter to me, besides purely intellectual curiosity, but I did list a couple of potential 'suspects' based on the little bit of online research I did.

I'm sure if someone was really interested, and put their mind (and talents, and paid for reading research papers, etc), they could figure out what ingredient (or combination of ingredients) is the growth agent.

Irresistible

I'm no hair chemist/scientist, so I don't know exactly which ingredient is providing the increased hair growth - and honestly, it doesn't much matter to me, besides purely intellectual curiosity, but I did list a couple of potential 'suspects' based on the little bit of online research I did.

I'm sure if someone was really interested, and put their mind (and talents, and paid for reading research papers, etc), they could figure out what ingredient (or combination of ingredients) is the growth agent.

yeah for me ,my mind just wants to be able to wrap around it and so far it cant :lol:

Thank you JustKiya, I will check out what you wrote! I suspect that although once upon a time none of us would have thunk it , that maybe some hair actually needed more keratin and nobody knew it? I dunno......but I will check out what you put together

KnottyGurl

I agree with ya. Who knows? Maybe it's not any ONE thing that's doing it. It could be the combination.:ohwell: Ah well, it's working nonetheless.:grin:

charmtreese

JustKiKay your blog is FABULOUS!!!! Great design and a wealth of information. However, Im kindof pissed now...I should have ordered the MEG-TEK!!!:wallbash: On the Website it says that the ovation contains Amino Acids...but where are they at on the ingredients list!

KnottyGurl

OT: Um, Charmtreese, why do I have to wear shades just to look at the hair in your siggy?:cool: That's alot of bling *jealously sucks teeth and rolls eyes:rolleyes:*

JustKiKay your blog is FABULOUS!!!! Great design and a wealth of information. However, Im kindof pissed now...I should have ordered the MEG-TEK!!!:wallbash: On the Website it says that the ovation contains Amino Acids...but where are they at on the ingredients list!

JustKiya

JustKiya your blog is FABULOUS!!!! Great design and a wealth of information. However, Im kindof pissed now...I should have ordered the MEG-TEK!!!:wallbash: On the Website it says that the ovation contains Amino Acids...but where are they at on the ingredients list!

:) Thank you!!

Girl, don't feel bad - the ovation is giving people FABULOUS rresults, and you can use it straight out of the bottle, and it apparently leaves you hair feeling more buttery afterwards than the MT.

:look: I don't know where the amino's are - maybe there's an alternate name? Maybe it's less than 1%, and so they don't have to legally list it on the label (I think that applies to cosmetics & food).....

:lol: You can switch when you re-up - if you really want to. ;)

ShiShiPooPoo

I have been asking this question for three days!

I am glad you started this thread OP.

I have been using the MT since I got it and my hair has been incredibly soft and manageable but I am not well versed enough to decipher the ingredients in order to understand what in it is causing growth. Amino Acids? Keratin?

I need to understand this!

What is the growth ingredient in OCT/MT!?

Irresistible

I have been using the MT since I got it and my hair has been incredibly soft and manageable but I am not well versed enough to decipher the ingredients in order to understand what in it is causing growth. Amino Acids? Keratin?

I think this might forever go unanswered 'technically'

sareca

This reminds me of the NTM has lye threads....

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=161681
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=99117

I'm all for researching what individual ingredients do. :yep: But let's face it, if you're not a chemist educated in hair science guessing about how they work when combined is highly speculative and probably wrong. :ohwell:

The product developers don't even know how they will work together. They make educated guesses, test it,and sometimes get lucky. I read the ingredients too. I didn't see anything special about 'em. :nono: I'm so glad I decided to test it out on real human hair. :up: The combination (in the right proportion) is magic!

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Why don't you contact the company and ask them, I think they would be better equipped to answer those questions for you:yep:

KnottyGurl

Thank you!:yep: But seriously, :up:

Extra: OP, you could check wikipedia for some technical advice. :look:

This reminds me of the NTM has lye threads....

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=161681
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=99117

I'm all for researching what individual ingredients do. :yep: But let's face it, if you're not a chemist educated in hair science guessing about how they work when combined is highly speculative and probably wrong. :ohwell:

The product developers don't even know how they will work together. They make educated guesses, test it,and sometimes get lucky. I read the ingredients too. I didn't see anything special about 'em. :nono: I'm so glad decided to tested it out on real human hair. :up: The combination (in the right proportion) is magic!

Last edited:

genesis132

I dunno:perplexed!

But the proof is in the pics..

I guess some people need to see SULPHUR listed in the ingredients to deem it a growth aide...he-he

I use OCT and have seen the overall condition of my hair improve drastically and new growth....so I'm not complaining:grin:

Last edited:

cocoberry10

Why don't you contact the company and ask them, I think they would be better equipped to answer those questions for you:yep:

I agree. I was just thinking, what is the active ingredient that would make this product so great, since there doesn't seem to be anything in the ingredients list.

For example, we all know what made MTG make people's hair grow (sulfur) and MN (the MN)

snickieb

Mane 'N Tail Shampoo

Ingredients

The ingredients listed on the label sound like a chemical factory:

WATER, SODIUM LAURYL SULPHATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, COCAMIDE DEA, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, FRAGRANCE, HYDROLYZED PROTEIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CITRIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN.

They really are not too much different from the ingredients in shampoo made for people, but they include more moisturizers and no strippers. The strippers are those nasty chemicals that strip all the oil out of your hair. This is good for people like me who have dry hair, but it might be a problem if you have oily hair. (from epinions.com)