Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

LadyRaider

Clorox and hair?
I had hair and soap scum in the tub after getting out of the shower. I poured in a little with some water and let it sit in the tub over night. This morning the water is clear, the soap scum is gone and the hair is gone.
Gone.

Um. Bleach dissolves hair?
Dang!

ClassyJSP

I want to stop by the salon and get my hair washed, blowdried and flat iron but I don't want any set backs and I know i'll only wear my hair out for maybe a day or two (usually while my wigs are airdrying). so why waste the money.

Plus they are always trying to "trim" my hair

CodeRed

Platinum

There's nothing worse than being away from home and not being able to find your favorite products. I can't wait to get back to my hometown so I can stock up.

SuchaLady

I need to modify my technique for my bun. People with hair just as thick as mine or thicker (i.e. naturals) manage to get their hair slicker than I have been able to lately.

SuchaLady

@SuchaLady I can't get my hair sleek to save my life unless I used a lot of heat, so at this point it looks like a bush lol.

:lachen: at a bush. Eco styler has been okay to me. It does what it's supposed to but lately I've been getting hair that is smooth but looks as if it's been pumped with air or something :lol:

Ampro works :look: but I think I will try Gorilla Snot. Apparently it works really well.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I bought a pack of scrunchies that look like pantyhose. I love these things but I feel like I could have saved myself $1.23 and made them myself.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
:lachen: at a bush. Eco styler has been okay to me. It does what it's supposed to but lately I've been getting hair that is smooth but looks as if it's been pumped with air or something :lol:

Ampro works :look: but I think I will try Gorilla Snot. Apparently it works really well.

@SuchaLady Yeah I'm 6 months post and DH touched my hair and was like " Wow your hair is thick and bushy." I side eyed him and laughed :lachen:

I guess I'll have to look into trying other gels and see if they can work a miracle.

OhTall1

I like that CurlMart sends samples, but I'm confused since they only sell one of the three products they sent me.

Lilmama1011

How long was we back? I feel so lost. I checked yesterday. I see we don't have the app anymore. I am so not use to being on the actual site. I can count on one hand how many times I have signed in on the regular site since I have been here. I don't know where my subscribed to threads are

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
:toocool::toocool:
How long was we back? I feel so lost. I checked yesterday. I see we don't have the app anymore. I am so not use to being on the actual site. I can count on one hand how many times I have signed in on the regular site since I have been here. I don't know where my subscribed to threads are
Your subscribed threads are all under watched threads. Check out some of the threads on the update they explain a lot of the new features. It's all pretty cool. I was pro app until I really started working my way through the new features. This is a much better experience. I've attached a picture to to show you where to look for watched threads. image.jpg

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I cant stand a petty business owner. Tangles and Beyond acts straight up childish sometimes.

These drops are annoying and I dont see how it seems good business practices to have customers place multiple orders because your janky site is always first come first served down AND then say , its not my fault if you buy more than once so dont email me asking me to combine an order.

I simply hit unfollow. I dont have time to support your shea butter dreams of grandeur. * eyeroll*

imaginary

Hmm sheamoisture finally has larger sizes available on their website. At least when I eventually get around to ordering the purification masque I won't feel as annoyed.

spacetygrss

It's been about 5 weeks since I started using Komaza Care products almost exclusively (~ 80/20). This included upping my strong protein from once a month to about 3 times per month (about every 10 days; still using the Komaza Care protein treatment). I've definitely seen a difference. Before, I could look at my hair at any given time and find splits/bubbles on 50% of the strands, even if it I had just trimmed a week before. Now, I can still find splits/bubbles, but it's more like 5-10% of my strands, which means that I can just search and destroy instead of having to constantly do trims.
I'm really pleased. I've upped my protein in the past with other products without significant results, so I know that it's not JUST the protein.

I'm going to continue with my plan to use Komaza Care until June and then reassess. By then, I should definitely know if this is just a fluke or if I've found the right regimen for my hair.