Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

PlainJane

When you braid your hair but you know it won't have any hold in the morning...

Still looking for something that can give my braidouts hold and definition.

shasha8685

I think I want to get a weave once the weather starts warming up a bit (around April).

I have no clue where to start hair-wise. Like are there any good brands I could buy from the BSS or is it best to buy online?

naija24

gelling down my twa is awesome. yay waves! I can see it being a protective style for me until my hair is a bit longer. washing my hair every other day was frizzing my hair.

also, aussie moist will always be my staple. nothing makes my hair feel better.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm impressed with the Kerastase Oleo Relax mask. My hair is super soft and my coils are elongated. It is an anti frizz mask. I bet it would be great before a blowout...

Mmfood

i washed and deep conditioned then twisted my hair. Its growing nicely i can tell because i can twist in larger sections. I will be in a wig until the next time i wash so nothing out of the ordinary. But i cant wait until i wear an old wig bcuz i curled it with a flat iron then used flexi rods for setting. It came out so pretty! Not bad for synthetic. I want a red bob now so thats on the shopping list.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just washed my hair yesterday and I'm already planning out my next wash day. It's time for a protein treatment. I will wash, add Emergencee, wash again and dc with Kerastase Chroma Riche.

I can't believe I ever went longer than a week washing my hair. My hair/scalp loves water.

GettingKinky

When I braid or twist my hair before bed, if I use a bobby pin to hold the ends they tangle and I always have a big knot at the end. The only way I can prevent this is by rolling my braid or twist on a roller of some sort. Does anyone else have this issue? I just cut two inches off a few weeks ago and I still have this problem with fresh ends.

brownb83

My hair is back healthy, My rollersets last about 3 days ( staying curly all over).

I can co wash my hair 3x a week and rollerset through summer :woot:

so happy, so very happy. and I retained length flat ironing once a week. I probably won't flat iron again until may.

sweetpea7

Happy I got a free trial size SM restore strengthen masque and serum. Probably use the masque next week since I'm doing a cherry lola treatment this weekend.

mzpurp

I'm coming up on my 10th week of having my sew-in and will be taking it out soon.

What should I do?

Take it out this weekend, wash, condition, DC and wig it up for next week until the weekend and get it some twists installed.

Or wait until next Friday, then take out and wash, condition, DC and get some twists installed?

Lucia

I'm coming up on my 10th week of having my sew-in and will be taking it out soon. What should I do? Take it out this weekend, wash, condition, DC and wig it up for next week until the weekend and get it some twists installed. Or wait until next Friday, then take out and wash, condition, DC and get some twists installed?
Do a protein tx your hair will thank you

Anaisin

I'm in TJmaxx and they have a hair misting bottle. I'm buying it. It's small and can fit in my bag unlike my spray bottle...

...or is that what I'm telling myself for an unnecessary hair purchase? Lol

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Some chick in Sally's needed help. The salesperson was leading her down a path of wrong. I jumped in to help which I never do. I was just feeling generous today. This chick starts saying...with my hair, I can't use sulfates and parabens. I was like, I know about that. She then looked at my hair (wig) and somewhat dismissed me. She asked me a few questions but I see she didn't listen to my recs in the end. I wanted to say so bad, Google Me! At any rate, good luck!!!

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
I always seem to end up with a short style because the grow-out phase sucks. Sigh. I cut 6 inches.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Some chick in Sally's needed help. The salesperson was leading her down a path of wrong. I jumped in to help which I never do. I was just feeling generous today. This chick starts saying...with my hair, I can't use sulfates and parabens. I was like, I know about that. She then looked at my hair (wig) and somewhat dismissed me. She asked me a few questions but I see she didn't listen to my recs in the end. I wanted to say so bad, Google Me! At any rate, good luck!!!

She'll learn someday lol. At least you tried to help her.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Lawd Hamercy, is this a grey hair?

I had a grey strand (a good luck strand as southerners say) when I was a kid, but it like mysteriously vanished. I'm gonna just convince myself it started growing back. :giggle:

fatimablush

I hate water based leave ins. They leave my hair extremely dry. I need a rich creamy. Oily based conditioner to leave my hair moisturized. Still looking.

SEMO

I'm a recovering PJ, but it seems like no matter how many products I use, or give away, I still have a crazy amount left. I just did a rough count and I think I have at least 60 hair products still (which is probably half the number I had a few months ago). It's, for me, way too many to keep in a regular rotation. I just need 1-2 options per category (not 6 or 7).

I've got a few products in mind to put on the chopping block and will probably get rid of another 10-15 soon. I think I'd ideally like to have around 20 products or less. I'm getting lazier and less experimental with my hair, so I find that I naturally gravitate to only a handful of my products anyway.

In the past, it was hard to give stuff away that actually works really well on my hair. But I've been giving a lot away to family members who really appreciate having them. I think my next biggest hurdle in reducing my stash will be parting with products my hair really likes that I purchased online (and can't get on the ground). And this is just because I'm not sure I'll be able to get through the products on my own before the shelf life expires (b/c I just use product too slowly).

toaster

I'm finally breaking down and purchasing a hair catcher for my bathtub. I have to drano way too often. It will be here on Tuesday, so only one more wash day with water pooled around my feet. I'll drano and clean my tub before I drop the catcher in the drain.

sweetpea7

Doing a bentonite clay wash, and overnight dc. My hair has been quite tangly since I stopped experimenting with MHM. When I was fooling around with it, my hair was like butter