Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Thanks Lilmama1011, I will be going back to CON as well. I love that shampoo. It can sometimes leave buildup so I was looking for something as good as CON without the potential for buildup. I'll take buildup & no tangles any day.

Meemee6223

I have finally passed bra strap! Yay! I flat ironed last week and got lots of comments. One lady said "omg your hair is amazing!" And the other said "your hair looks awesome" among other comments. And I got weave checked a couple of times. Please excuse me while I let these comments go straight to my head lol! It was nice to hear all the positive feedback tho.

Bun Mistress

I thought of a new way to moisturize and it is simple and works. I got the idea from my Japanese book. Serval times they encourage to oil dry hair and skin in different ways different oils then wet the skin.
So last night I lightly oiled my hair with emu it was close by but I have used camellia before too then sprayed my hair with water.

This morning I my hair was more moisturized than even. Better than the reverse process of water then sealing.

Give it a try people.

spellinto

I thought of a new way to moisturize and it is simple and works. I got the idea from my Japanese book. Serval times they encourage to oil dry hair and skin in different ways different oils then wet the skin.
So last night I lightly oiled my hair with emu it was close by but I have used camellia before too then sprayed my hair with water.

This morning I my hair was more moisturized than even. Better than the reverse process of water then sealing.

Give it a try people.

I'm going to try this. Does the book mention how or why this works?

ms.tatiana

2 more weeks of this bob then I'll be rocking my own hair for a month. Much needed trim of dead ends & I need to do a length check.

Shopping around for weather hair meaning I'm looking for some good curly weave that's reasonably priced, anyone know of any sellers or websites I can check???

atlien11

Im mad that my Koils By Nature Aloe Leave-in is not agreeing with my hair. I had no idea that Aloe could produce a drying effect :nono:

I need to find a way to re-purpose this and some other products. I may start a thread if i can't find one in the search.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Saludable84, TY...I won't be trying it again. I'll stick with CON.

EnExitStageLeft ...TY, my technique remained the same each and every week so I'm really not sure what went wrong. I made sure to fully detangle before using SM, something that I don't have to do with CON.

I will be returning the shampoo (if they let me) and masque (haven't tried the masque and not interested after the shampoo incident) back to Target.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think it's time to go wig shopping again. My newest wig has tangles galore and can only be worn in updos now. My short wigs never give me any problems, but that long hair tangles like nobody's business

Guinan

Re-Branding
I think I'm going to use my curl formers this weekend. I might even try it mid week if I get bored.

Last edited:

sunnieb

I've been eyeing my roller setting supplies and keep thinking about finally doing a full set.

Bet it would look killer with my 14 weeks worth of newgrowth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

tapioca_pudding

I need to grow and retain as much hair as possible prior to my wedding next year.. I already know the style I want and will likely need a few clip in pieces to pull it off, but I would like to use as much of my own hair as possible lol.

Lucia

I thought of a new way to moisturize and it is simple and works. I got the idea from my Japanese book. Serval times they encourage to oil dry hair and skin in different ways different oils then wet the skin. So last night I lightly oiled my hair with emu it was close by but I have used camellia before too then sprayed my hair with water. This morning I my hair was more moisturized than even. Better than the reverse process of water then sealing. Give it a try people.

Bun Mistress
What is the name of this book?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have been using sulfate free shampoo for a while now. Should I clarify my hair? I have been having a bit of breakage and I have hard water. I am not sure if I need protein or moisture so I plan to use both after I clarify/chelate

Embyra

Praise the Lord

My shower is fixed so I can wash my hair in the shower again not in the bath
Those two times I did I looked like a troll my hair has been dirty for too long

Washed it left coconut oil overnight feel like a new woman

Sholapie

I haven't gone a full week without washing my hair in ages. I now know why, my scalp itches! I want to find a solution. Witch hazel on cotton pads? Seems like so much work....

spellinto

Hair felt a little dry from air drying last night. Going to try air drying in a ponytail next. I'm a little concerned about my hair being damp at the roots the next day, but I'll give it a chance.

Lilmama1011

Well my hair is black, but it's healthy and shiny. My twist out came out beautiful. It's because of that henna btw that my hair is black. I posted my review about it on my Tumblr. Check me out and follow:) I will post some pics in my henna thread as soon as I find it. Also SO says he sees hints of my reddish tint here and there. So I will take a pic of my hair outside in the sun tomorrow.