Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

gabulldawg

I think this will be my "look" for a while. I can't wait until it grows into this! I am not going to worry about having to grow that cut out right now. :lol:

Attachments

• image-147747085.jpg
    image-147747085.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 69

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I havent had a flat iron session come out right this year. This transitioning hair has me reconsidering some things. I would love to be a straight hair natural. But my hair just reverts, reverts, reverts. Its very frustrating
Im at a length where I want to enjoy my hair, not keep it hidden under a wig. But I dont want to spend all day flat ironing for it to last one day. .maybe I should think about texlaxing.

ImanAdero

I havent had a flat iron session come out right this year. This transitioning hair has me reconsidering some things. I would love to be a straight hair natural. But my hair just reverts, reverts, reverts. Its very frustrating Im at a length where I want to enjoy my hair, not keep it hidden under a wig. But I dont want to spend all day flat ironing for it to last one day. .maybe I should think about texlaxing.

Or look into the Beautiful Textures system... I've looked at a number of videos for it because although I love my kinks, I would love to just do straight for a period of time because my hair is quick to revert too. Maybe check out some reviews for it.

PJaye

I havent had a flat iron session come out right this year. This transitioning hair has me reconsidering some things. I would love to be a straight hair natural. But my hair just reverts, reverts, reverts. Its very frustrating
Im at a length where I want to enjoy my hair, not keep it hidden under a wig. But I dont want to spend all day flat ironing for it to last one day. .maybe I should think about texlaxing.

I had the same problem and I suggest that you rethink/tweak your straightening method first. Pretty please?

atlien11

My hair reverts like crazy. I just stopped fighting it and embraced my curls. Its a fight to get her straight and then another fight just to stay straight :sad:

I put avocado oil on my hair with every intention on washing it out the same night. It ended up getting late so i twisted it into about ten twists and went to sleep...Yeah so now my pillow is covered in avocado oil because it just bled through my scarf. duh.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Lilmama1011 honestly it just resembled mine when I was relaxed :lachen: it was that natural dark brown, thick & sleek. She had nice ends and a full tail. It hit her shoulders in a high ponytail, nice edges & a smooth nape. Nothing special but she herself was just so cute & her hair topped it off with her cute little sweatsuit. But her mom was mean.

spellinto

Tired of altering my air drying method. I'm just going to go back to what I usually do.

This stretch is already bumming me out. I already miss my straightened hair, it didn't fight with me the way my washed hair does. As soon as my hair touches water it starts actin' crazy.

GettingKinky

I need to wash my hair. I usually do it Sunday or Monday. Here it is Wednesday and I haven't even prepoo'd yet. I MUST prepoo tonight and wash tomorrow. My hair is getting dry.

lux10023

the TMS system changed the game for me with my natural hair it acts like a texlax but washes out after 6 weeks..i suggest everyone at least try it if they are having issues with their natural hair

makes managing my natural hair so easy....fell in love with my hair as it is easier to do via the tms system--i didn't want the keratin or anything keratin-like but the tms...is the truth...
i bought 3 boxes....at walgreens--not playin lmaooo:lol:

its easy to do and you can do it yourself at home--best 11.99 I've spent...:yep:

Or look into the Beautiful Textures system... I've looked at a number of videos for it because although I love my kinks, I would love to just do straight for a period of time because my hair is quick to revert too. Maybe check out some reviews for it.

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
I decided to use the curly girl method to trim my hair today. I like it so far. I'm making a commitment to trim my ends whenever the season changes.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I love my hair! In 3 years my natural hair has grown almost as long as my relaxed hair did in 20+ years. I am grateful for the disaster that led me to my big chop. No regrets, no worries. I am so thankful for the forums and all the great advice, tips, tricks and even the bandwagons. It has been a fun journey so far. Here's to 3 more years of beautiful hair and growth.

Lilmama1011

think me being super lazy is causing me not to have results with this method. I don't massage my scalp with warm oil . I just invert randomly. But some say they do this and nothing. Idk if mine will come later this month or it doesn't work for me at all. Apart of me want to start over this month and do the warm oil. I just don't like massaging my scalp because I fear tangles, even if I'm just inserting my fingers carefully

tapioca_pudding

I wish they still made the UPA clip. I NEEDS one.

I might try to do the bun/ponytail with clip in extensions that I keep seeing on YouTube. But it would be so much simpler to just slap the UPA clip in my head each morning and keep it moving. But I guess she's on hiatus. I tried the Mane Clip but it was horrible :nono: Cheap plastic, the closure didn't stay closed etc. Ah well. I wish I could make my own.... I wonder if I hot glue some tracks to a hair clip, would that work... :scratchch

cynd

Yesterday I wanted to cry and throw in the towel. Today, I see progress. Is my hair schizophrenic or is it me?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Used She Moisture Retention poo and condish this am before work for the first time and I'm very pleased! The experience was weird because the smell makes you think your hair is being striped but it was very moisturizing in my dry hair (this stuff needed some serious TLC!) I used the condish as a leave in since I was in a hurry and didn't have time to DC ( I'll DC tonight) but my aired hair feels good. Mind you I have 16 months worth of NG!

atlien11

I added Fish Collagen supplements to my vitamin reggie and it completely suppressed my appetite. I feel twinges of hunger but no full on signals from my body telling me that its time to eat.

This is bad for me, not trying to lose weight :nono: Ill have to start taking these every other day.

Anyone trying to lose weight?? If so, definitely add this to your vitamin reggie.

meka72

One day, my daughter will listen to me. She washed her hair and all the products in her conditioner mix were items that I'd given her or told her about. The same with her M&S routine. One day!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I added Fish Collagen supplements to my vitamin reggie and it completely suppressed my appetite. I feel twinges of hunger but no full on signals from my body telling me that its time to eat.

This is bad for me, not trying to lose weight :nono: Ill have to start taking these every other day.

Anyone trying to lose weight?? If so, definitely add this to your vitamin reggie.

atlien11

What brand are you taking and how much? Can you lower your daily dosage?

atlien11

atlien11

What brand are you taking and how much? Can you lower your daily dosage?

MileHighDiva

I am taking the NeoCell version in pill form. The dose is 2 tablets twice a day and i was only taking 2 per day. So i guess ill try every other day.

I read a few other reviews of people that had the same side effect. Apparently some body builders even add collagen to their shakes when they are trying to slim down and surpress their appetite. Who knew :perplexed

Lilmama1011

Yesterday I got some bigger perm rods (the black ones) so now my curls will be bigger and easier to detangle than using the pink ones. But those can be used for when I decide to do a curly ponytail, the smaller ones will last longer

Lilmama1011

I just simply like low manipulation, I should be wearing my hair straighter since I'm not 3 weeks post relaxer yet and enjoy it, but I just feel safer with my curls. And this is what made my hair progress in my journey