Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

maan I'm so lazy. I will do a honey treatment thingy this week!! I will!!!! Planning on doing it on Wednesday **for all who have been following my color lifting journey** lol

Hilarious. This white woman walked into the nail salon to see her friend. And she has some jacked up corn rows where she added extensions. She got then done she said. It's baggy in the back and all frizzy in the back and on the top. They are big lumps and her hair isn't neatly parted or anything. Her white friend was like "omgggg your hair. It looks so good. Ommmg". When I looked over I couldn't believe what they were gushing over.

I want to buy some hair products so bad. I have no room in my fridge (the entire bottom shelf minus 1/2 gallon of milk that got lost down there) and my storage closet. I'm making a give away bag for my mother but that's not making a dent at all.

Bought fresh rosemary herbs on Saturday i'll make some tea with it tomorrow. Maybe i'll do a final rinse with it on wash day later this week.

Hilarious. This white woman walked into the nail salon to see her friend. And she has some jacked up corn rows where she added extensions. She got then done she said. It's baggy in the back and all frizzy in the back and on the top. They are big lumps and her hair isn't neatly parted or anything. Her white friend was like "omgggg your hair. It looks so good. Ommmg". When I looked over I couldn't believe what they were gushing over.

I generally don't like it when YT ppl wear cornrows(their hair is just too thin and wipsy), but I have seen a few that had them done neatly and presentable. So that lady has no excuse....and that friend of hers is NO friend :laugh:

Because of heat damaged straight ends I chopped my hair since none of my styles looked right. Some of my hair is around 5 inches, 10 inches at the longest. Most of my length was 15 inches, 17 at the longest.

I can't seem to stop cutting it since I still have straight-ish ends on the left side. :cry: My hair is lopsided looking but it's not too noticeable. I'm so mad with myself, I almost don't want to straighten ever again.

On a positive note I'm in love with my lil curlies! I can't believe how long it's been since I wore my hair like this, and it's so simple to do. Love love love it.

I think I'll just do wngs and maybe some flat twist updos until it gets cool then switch to wearing wigs and half wigs. The wngs I think will aid in moisture and growth. Inversion gave me some thickness in the past, so I'm looking for added length too. I need my length back by any means necessary!

Dang I'm long winded these days..

I have way too many hair products, particularly deep conditioners.
I have to get this stash down.

Last edited:
Ivgggghhhhh there's so many products I want to try! I want to try the new Shea Moisture Lines, I want to try the curly Gelo from Cantu Naturals

I want to try the detangler from the Shea moisture raw Shea butter line...

But I'm also in the use up your stash line... So I gotta get my life.

I'm going to Target on Sunday though...

I'm tired of the woe is me my natural hair is so hard to maintain cries. I went natural when it wasn't even a thing. Its how your hair grows out of your head, if it is hard to manage you are doing something wrong. There I said it, sorry. That is going to offend some one. I know it.

Being born with it doesn't mean it's simple.

I'm tired of the woe is me my natural hair is so hard to maintain cries. I went natural when it wasn't even a thing. Its how your hair grows out of your head, if it is hard to manage you are doing something wrong. There I said it, sorry. That is going to offend some one. I know it.

Bought and tried elasta qp's brown gel today as I've not been feeling ecostyler lately. With nice hold, smell and great slip I just have to wait and see how it dries but I have a good feeling :)

Yesterday I refreshed my twist out. I fingered detangled first and removed the very little shedded hair I had (I think that green tea rinse really helped or just finger detangling isn't my thing for actually detangling effectively ), parted and sprayed my new growth and length after in four sections (with my water, oil and conditioner mixture),.moisturize again with my cantu naturals curl activator cream, and sealed with the my oil oil and added some mousse and smooth everything downward with my hands (not using a comb at all. I had so much slip with that Cantu. Twisted it up and put four perm rods on my four sections and put my bonnet on. It just makes you feel good after you have just freshly moisturizes and sealed. And my twist out will look fresh

I started using HE Long-Term Relationship Leave-in again, and my hair's moisturized as all get out. I think I'll add it back to my stash. I love Oyin Hair Dew and all; but, I might need a break. I think it's not as effective as before. I would need a lot to get moisturized.

nevvvvverr again. that wet line gel is evil melted gummy bears in a jar!! it was so hard to get out of my hair and now my hair feels iicky. that was maybe my 4th time using it, hoping that it would be different this time :nono: fin to drop kick that devil's hair grease into the trash

honey treatment temporarily postponed :look:

I wanna do a full on honey treatment but I don't know will my hair come out soft or will I have deep condition after and I don't like doing too many processes

I'm sitting here transferring the thousands & thousands of pics on my flash drive to a new Photobucket account. *cries* at how long my hair used to be.

divachyk I know. I really want to get my stash down, I promise I do :lol:
And yes with my next breath, I'm on HV's site now adding stuff to a cart & Craigslist searching for a separate refrigerator for hair products :hide:

Last edited:
has anyone ever tried the Nexxus Exxtra Sculpting gel? It has good ingredients and smells really good, too

nexxus-exxtra-gel-super-hold-styling-sculptor-eight-five-ounce-350x350.jpg

Plan on going to the Trials N Tresses event tomorrow.

Looks like my stash will be going up again... At least I only "semi" paid for them.

Back