Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Every science-based article I read says the protein in eggs & mayo is too large to penetrate hair. JBCO protein conditioner is mayo + oils. Why did my coarse lopo strands get overloaded from it? Ugh, it reacted as if I used that Aphogee 2 step treatment.

ForumRunner_20140803_142316.jpg

OAN The Milk+Honey & Cara B. Haircare lines are excellent for restoring moisture.
I'll stick with my staples SM Yucca Baobab & AO GPB for protein from now on.

Angelbean

I did an overnight DC with darcy botnicals pumpkin and what was a DC turned into me leaving the conditioner in and twisting my hair for the week...my hair is so smooth

spellinto

That GSO made by relaxed hair oily and my new growth dry. And the texture of my hair felt a little rough. A little water and some Africa's Best Herbal Oil fixed the issue. My hair feels soft and detangled and smooth again :)

It's time for a protein treatment and a trim soon! Also planning on prepooing with a hot oil treatment. Lol for some reason I'm excited!

Last edited:

PureSilver

Fresh relaxers feel nice but don't always look nice, so lifeless. i did great though and there is more good than bad to talk about i'm in :love: and :congrats: to me. I'm a total DIY now.

spellinto

Thinking about buying a 4 oz of jbco. I liked it last time I used it but I didn't use it consistently enough. Would I see growth if prepoo with it (diluted with other oils) once a week? Or do I need to use it more often to see results?

Lilmama1011

Doing braidout with four braids and four perm rods, I never did this few, always did 8, we will see how this goes, I will wet my hair first

Lilmama1011

I am pretty happy with my ends. I did it in four sections and I'm really happy with three sections. But the back right one is the one I'm least happy about, but that is the section several months ago my hair was ripped out with a curlformer (probably back in November ) and I haven't touched them since. I need more packs because my hair is a lot thicker so I need to make smaller parts. But that back right section is catching up though. It's not breakage it's progress: )

nerdography

I blow dried my hair for the first time in a decade. I want to try heat training and figured it might help. Normally, I air dry my hair and then flat iron and it took me four hours. With my hair being blow dried flat ironing only took an hour and a half.

I used the Red by Kiss Handle-less dryer. I really like, the nozzle doesn't get hot and it's easy to control. The only thing I don't like is the cord, I wish it was a little longer.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I want to know why the tracking number from Happy Nappy Honey is still showing not found? @ IDareT'sHair did you receive a tracking # for your order?

naija24

I wish I knew about yaki hair vs 100% human hair. Idk why I need to pay $200 for hair bundles when I can pay $70 and still have a great protective style for my hair.

Platinum

Wow! Great! Do you have any buds yet?

Yes. Most of my locs on the sides and back of my head started budding after week 4.:grin: My crown has a looser curl pattern than the rest of my hair so I think it's going to take longer to bud. I'm hoping to be completely loc'd by November or December.

spellinto

Taking care of my nape starting today! I sectioned it off, took a starting photo, M&S'd and pinned it separately from the rest of my bun. The hairs there are thinner, weaker, and slightly drier than the rest of my hair. I also want to grow the hairs around my ears and crown. Buying some Jbco sometime this week.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
My flat twists came out ok but not ok enough to leave the house in so I did a half WNG and a couple twists in the right. It's cute if I say so myself.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
If I were overweight I think I'd stay that way. I have no self-control when it comes to food. Thankfully I have a fast metabolism. I got oh wait til you have kids. I have 3. I wait til you hit 30. I'm 36. Some people are just like that. I wouldn't mind 20 extra pounds though.

Last edited:

ChasingBliss

Yes. Most of my locs on the sides and back of my head started budding after week 4.:grin: My crown has a looser curl pattern than the rest of my hair so I think it's going to take longer to bud. I'm hoping to be completely loc'd by November or December.

Niiiiice. Looking forward to (getting past :lol:) the bud stage.

Platinum

Niiiiice. Looking forward to (getting past :lol:) the bud stage.

I'm not going to lie, I can't wait until I get some length. I see a lot of wonderful loc styles but my hair is too short. Hopefully I'll have some serious hang time by next year.:lol:

How do your friends and family feel about your journey?

lookingforkeona

My Jamaican Black Castor Oil came in the mail today! I really think sealing in moisture with it is gonna give me what I want and that's softer hair!

CenteredGirl

Finally got a reggie that works for my 4c natural hair. I think i will make some YouTube videos and market my "mixology" product that I came up with. It really is nice.

ChasingBliss

I'm not going to lie, I can't wait until I get some length. I see a lot of wonderful loc styles but my hair is too short. Hopefully I'll have some serious hang time by next year.:lol:

How do your friends and family feel about your journey?

You really see how black and white folks are about this. They either love it or they hate it. All the elders in my family (born and raised Jamaicans at that) do not like it. They say I had such 'beautiful' hair and I should not have done this. I don't pay them any mind.

Everyone else loves it lol. My daughter says she cannot wait to see it long and fully loc'd ....me too. Dh has been loc'd for the last 12 yrs (his is past slightly past his waist) and he's happy I finally did it.

At work, co workers who love locs love them, the rest had NOTHING to say :lol:

I'm good though. I did all my research, talked to folks who have locs, etc...so I expected and anticipated just about EVERYthing that has happened.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's wash day, but I am procrastinating because it is freezing in this house. Brrrrr. Im gonna be under a blanket while I do my dc lol