Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Embyra

Finally washed my hair after leaving it for 3 weeks :duck:
I just really couldn't be bothered with my hair I'll be bunning for the rest of the week

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Medium sized braids then I sat under my hooded dryer. My flat iron came out perfectly but I don't think it will last. I foresee poofiness in my future. I'm going to grease it and roll it on flex rods for bed.

I need to lay off the wash n go's. My ends can't handle it. No matter how nice it looks I'd rather have nice ends.

Victoria44

My hair refuses to stay moisturized at all this summer. I got so frustrated today but I just left it alone and came back to it later.

I think I'm gnna go back to strictly finger detangling, I've been seeing way too much breakage last two washes. I also wanted to try naptural85's cowash/detangle in under 25 minutes method but I'm pretty sure it would be a disaster. Still might give it one try..

Lilmama1011

Wet hair and dry hair is a dramatic difference. When wetting and double moisturizing and sealing my hair and putting it back up it looks paper thin. It makes me scared when I do it but when I wash and comb it out, it goes back to normal

Lilmama1011

The moment when one of your hair pieces are caught in your hair and you can't get the hair out so you ask someone to help and they end up breaking the hair, smh

ImanAdero

Okay... I need some advice (3rd time posting this question lol):

My weave has been in for just over 5 weeks and is starting to loosen. I had initially meant to keep my weave in for 8 weeks.

So should I A) just let it rock for another 2.5 weeks and then take it out?

B) get it retightened and see if I can make it to 10-11 weeks?

I'm also supposed to be going on vacation mid August and I'm not sure if I want to be in the weave while on vacation (the opposite of most people lol).

What do y'all think?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

My weave has been in for just over 5 weeks and is starting to loosen. I had initially meant to keep my weave in for 8 weeks.

I'm also supposed to be going on vacation mid August and I'm not sure if I want to be in the weave while on vacation (the opposite of most people lol).

What do y'all think?

it depends on what you want to do. This is my 9th week of my weave. I'll be taking it out on Friday. It was loose at 5 weeks but I didnt want to pay extra to tighten it when I knew I was taking it out in 4 weeks.

If its not noticeable, ride it out. If you want to keep it in longer and its bothering you because its loose, get it tightened ImanAdero

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Okay... I need some advice (3rd time posting this question lol): My weave has been in for just over 5 weeks and is starting to loosen. I had initially meant to keep my weave in for 8 weeks. So should I A) just let it rock for another 2.5 weeks and then take it out? B) get it retightened and see if I can make it to 10-11 weeks? I'm also supposed to be going on vacation mid August and I'm not sure if I want to be in the weave while on vacation (the opposite of most people lol). What do y'all think?

ImanAdero I agree with Shawn. It's really up to you. When I wear sew in's, I visit the salon every 2-3 weeks and get it washed, conditioned, re-tightened (if needed) and styled. My stylist will usually determine the areas that need re-tightened while she's styling. I usually keep the entire weave in around 12 weeks. If you have a long weave and you are vacationing in a hot climate (unless it's curly and you will be wetting it a lot) you may want to go ahead and take it down. We visit the Caribbean or Hawaii quite a bit when we vacation and I couldn't image being there with a weave or wig no matter how short. lol

spellinto

Deciding to buy a blow dryer on payday. I've been eyeing one for awhile but I've been frugal with my money. Im buying one just for the cool setting because I think the cool air will improve my air drying results. Can't wait to try!

PureSilver

What do y'all think?

The longest i've kept a weave in was 6 weeks. I would be too afraid of matting and that my dear is no joke.

Last edited:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I cut my hair to SL and I feel bald. Even when I BCed to an 1/8" of hair, I felt okay. Something about this blasted SL irks me, LOL! It is cute though. My SO was like WOW your hair is short. He thinks I should BC with him. I am not sure yet. I need to get used to this SL. I just don't know if anyone can relate as to why I feel balder at SL than legitimately near-bald. Weirdo, I guess. :D

ImanAdero

Thanks shawnyblazes lulu97 and PureSilver

I think I'm just gonna rock with it and take it out for vacation. It's only another two and a half weeks, and that will make 8 weeks.

I'm not really all that concerned about matting because I've only washed it twice so far (every two weeks and will wash on Friday this week)... My new growth isn't THAT much and my hair is surprisingly soft.

Thanks folks! Appreciate the feedback! I haven't EVER kept a weave in for so long but I like it and think I'll do it more often as a protective style.

PureSilver

I cut my hair to SL and I feel bald. Even when I BCed to an 1/8" of hair, I felt okay. Something about this blasted SL irks me, LOL! It is cute though. My SO was like WOW your hair is short. He thinks I should BC with him. I am not sure yet. I need to get used to this SL. I just don't know if anyone can relate as to why I feel balder at SL than legitimately near-bald. Weirdo, I guess. :D

I'm so not being your friend for that:spinning:.....why cut your gorgeous locks?

myronnie

Please tell me how my natural 4a/4b hair is more detangled after doing a wash and go and sleeping with a pineapple..
Just doesn't make any sense. When I twist it up, it mats and tangles but let it go free and it's happy.. :nono:

SweetlyCurly

Please tell me how my natural 4a/4b hair is more detangled after doing a wash and go and sleeping with a pineapple..
Just doesn't make any sense. When I twist it up, it mats and tangles but let it go free and it's happy.. :nono:

I have 3c hair and the same happens to me. That's why I hardly twist my hair.

EnExitStageLeft

PRAISE JESUS! My hair feels like my hair again. Soft, plush and satin like.

Its official ACV rinses are out and oil rinses are in.

Purabody Body MuruMuru is awesome as a leave in moisturizer, HH SCM is still my HG leave in and Oyin Handmade Hair Dew is DIVINE!

AMEN!

Embyra

Shea moisture Curling Gel Souffle + Curling milk and topped off with elasta qp clear gel

Is a win my hair is soft soft soft and shiny I have been bunning this week and this combo is a keeper yep

GettingKinky

PRAISE JESUS! My hair feels like my hair again. Soft, plush and satin like. Its official ACV rinses are out and oil rinses are in. Purabody Body MuruMuru is awesome as a leave in moisturizer, HH SCM is still my HG leave in and Oyin Handmade Hair Dew is DIVINE! AMEN!

EnExitStageLeft
I am a big fan of ACV rinsing. How do you do your oil rinsing? Does it leave your shower floor slippery?