Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

How do you ladies feel about the aphogee keratin green tea spray?

I love the way it smells but when I was using it I wasn't paying attention to what it was doing before I was on the hair board. But I went to buy it again but felt it was too expensive for it. $8

Moisturize and sealed my hair in the wrap. Feels so soft. That Cantu moisturizing curl activator cream seems like a keeper so far

It's no reason why I should be corny with my hair. I have got too many favorited hair videos that look Like simple protective styles and they are nice. But since my hair is freshly relaxed I will stick to out and care free lose styles and wait a couple of weeks to try these textured protective styles

Has anyone noticed Aveda's products has decrease in efficiency? I have their anti-humectant pomade, and it doesn't protect my freshly blown out hair anymore. I was using IC heat protection serum with Aveda's anti-humectant pomade for my blow out, and my hair blew up into frizz ball in like 4 hrs.

Can someone recommend something better since I'll be using more heat this year. I recently brought CHI's iron guard, and chi silk infusion, but haven't try it yet.

My hair was perfect but sadly, it needed a wash so I washed it. My curls are popping :) I doused it in Jane Carter's Curl define cream on soak and wet hair. Normally if I were going out, I wouldn't have used so much, but I added a little EVOO and I'm in the house so whatever.

Has anyone noticed Aveda's products has decrease in efficiency? I have their anti-humectant pomade, and it doesn't protect my freshly blown out hair anymore. I was using IC heat protection serum with Aveda's anti-humectant pomade for my blow out, and my hair blew up into frizz ball in like 4 hrs.

Can someone recommend something better since I'll be using more heat this year. I recently brought CHI's iron guard, and chi silk infusion, but haven't try it yet.

I highly recommend this: http://www.sallybeauty.com/heat-protection/BTZ47,default,pd.html#start=10

Best anti-frizz product that I have tried. It is very cone heavy, so you will have to clarify it out, but it does help greatly reduct reversion.

I just got finished doing my grandma's hair. I didn't have time to do my hair this morning so I threw some things in my bag to do it later. I figured I'd use my products on my grandma since I had them with me. I pulled out APB spray leave-in, Darcy's leave-in and APB hair creme and she gasps and goes "what is that?" I told her what the products were and she asked me why I was putting that in her head?!?! You would've thought I was putting in a relaxer by the look on her face lol. She's been using blue magic and pink lotion since...well...as long as I can remember. Her hair is mid back length and she wears it in a single low braid, ponytail or bun with curly bangs at all times. While I was doing her hair she kept telling me to just keep the products for myself, but when I was done she snatched up her mirror and loved how her hair now looks blacker in color lol.

I just got finished doing my grandma's hair. I didn't have time to do my hair this morning so I threw some things in my bag to do it later. I figured I'd use my products on my grandma since I had them with me. I pulled out APB spray leave-in, Darcy's leave-in and APB hair creme and she gasps and goes "what is that?" I told her what the products were and she asked me why I was putting that in her head?!?! You would've thought I was putting in a relaxer by the look on her face lol. She's been using blue magic and pink lotion since...well...as long as I can remember. Her hair is mid back length and she wears it in a single low braid, ponytail or bun with curly bangs at all times. While I was doing her hair she kept telling me to just keep the products for myself, but when I was done she snatched up her mirror and loved how her hair now looks blacker in color lol.

Older people never want to listen lol

Love my wash and go bun even though I'm transitioning. In this 90 degree mitten weather it feels good to go out with a wet head.

Frequent co washing has turned my new growth from undefined frizziness to poppin pen spring curls

I barely wear my hair straight and when I do I don't want it rubbing on my clothes. But the longer it gets it's going to always touch my clothes. Might put it in a ponytail tomorrow or I might keep it wrapped tomorrow if not going anywhere. Better yet I might pin curl it in two ponytails so not to over manipulate hair

It's funny when your relaxed and get ssk too for doing curly style. I just dusted and used split ender on Thursday and still found one. Must have been up the hair shaft. Maybe I need to stop doing curls or braidouts are safer than regular flexible rod sets?

Last edited:
Back