Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Why does my head itch when a TU is near...any other day/time/week it doesn't itch...just days before a TU...it's so mental.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
divachyk nope that's the only thing I don't do.....but it's my body that's lopsided not my hair:( Maybe I need to visit a chiropractor.

divachyk

Nix08, I visit a chiro for my neck. Car wreck 2006. The feel good is so temporary but it's well worth the visit. My discomfort is neck pain so that's why the fix is temporary. Since your body is "lopsided" maybe your fix won't be temporary. My body is slightly off because one leg is a tad bit longer and I have an extra vertebrae....the off nature of my body is not noticeable to anyone or within my walk...this the chiro can't fix, though. All that to say, get checked to see if they can get you square.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So happy to be daily cowashing again. And with my staples. My hair is so happy!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Thanks divachyk I think I will get it looked at...its amazing the things you discover on a hair journey:look::grin:

@Nix08, I visit a chiro for my neck. Car wreck 2006. The feel good is so temporary but it's well worth the visit. My discomfort is neck pain so that's why the fix is temporary. Since your body is "lopsided" maybe your fix won't be temporary. My body is slightly off because one leg is a tad bit longer and I have an extra vertebrae....the off nature of my body is not noticeable to anyone or within my walk...this the chiro can't fix, though. All that to say, get checked to see if they can get you square.

Anakinsmomma

I was scared to wash today but I'm so glad I did!

I cowashed and my hair felt so smooth and soft! :lick: it was like each strand was telling me how happy they were! No hair in the shower, or the comb when I detangled. Yay!

So my hair might have thinned, but at least the hair that's left is happy.

newnyer

Two snaps for clarifying shampoos! Just used Suave clarifying shampoo followed by VO5's clarifying conditioner in the shower and my hair felt so ccccllleaann, yet not too hard or unmanageable! Just put in Salley's generic version of Joico K-Pak and will try and DC for a couple of hours. Sometimes I get frustrated and it IS time consuming...but overall I can't help but b excited to learn my hair and nail down a reggie! Come on HHJ!!!

P.S. I think I'm getting a tad bit addicted to this site! Lol!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Two snaps for clarifying shampoos! Just used Suave clarifying shampoo followed by VO5's clarifying conditioner in the shower and my hair felt so ccccllleaann, yet not too hard or unmanageable! Just put in Salley's generic version of Joico K-Pak and will try and DC for a couple of hours. Sometimes I get frustrated and it IS time consuming...but overall I can't help but b excited to learn my hair and nail down a reggie! Come on HHJ!!!

Welcome to the club:grin:

Dizz

I'm 11 months post exactly!

Also, my hair is uneven... really uneven. Cathy Howse would fly down to Florida and murder me if she saw the abomination before God that are my ends.

@newnyer That sounds great! I was thinking about getting something to clarify with... I think I'll try those too. :)
Good luck with your regimen!

Last edited:

Imani

At first I was like wow my hair is so long! Now I'm like eh, not really. lol. I'm ready to put it back up under my wig and we'll meet again in September, hopefully about 3 inches longer.

SL is kind of an odd length bc its like the hair kinda wants to hang down the back, but its not quite long enough so it gets all bunched up on the shoulders. I think it will hang better at APL. Glad I don't wear my hair down and straight all the time, this is kind of annoying and will be in a ponytail tommorrow.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
At first I was like wow my hair is so long! Now I'm like eh, not really. lol. I'm ready to put it back up under my wig and we'll meet again in September, hopefully about 3 inches longer.

SL is kind of an odd length bc its like the hair kinda wants to hang down the back, but its not quite long enough so it gets all bunched up on the shoulders. I think it will hang better at APL. Glad I don't wear my hair down and straight all the time, this is kind of annoying and will be in a ponytail tommorrow.
i felt the same when i wore my hair straight the other day! it just felt weird, cause it's no longer my cute, slightly above shoulder length bob. I think this length (collarbone length) is so, so awkward. it's fine when I wear my hair curly/natural but when straight....:nono:
like you, I'll be twisting/weaving/braiding it up for the summer.

faithVA

I was driving by and my head was yanked to the right by a new BSS sign around the corner from where I live. If you knew where I lived you would understand why this is unusual. So had to stop in and found it it was a grand opening.

Fortunately for me they don't have a great hair product selection so no temptation there. Will still need to drive out of the way to go to my regular BSS or Sally's. But they had sooo many hair accessories and scarves. And I luv, luv, luv some hair accessories even if I don't have enough hair to put them in. I really only like to shop for things from the shoulders up (scarves, earrings, hair accessories).

So I purchased big colorful barrettes, decorative pony tail holders, hair sticks :perplexed:, hair pins and I made myself put some stuff back. After all they are just around the corner. When he rang them up the things I really liked were only $.99 and then it was $.10 off.

I am in hair heaven now. Just a few more months and maybe I can wear some of this stuff. The baby is due at any time. :lachen:

ChristmasCarol

I've been transitioning so long, I sometimes forget I'm not all natural and answer poll questions directed to naturals...my bad.

Ronnieaj

So I make my own acv rinse, and I used to do it at a pH of 5. But SO doesn't much like the smell, so I started doing it with a pH of 4, and rinsing it out lightly. I accidentally made the pH 3 this time, so I rinse more thoroughly. And my hair is significantly softer at the 3 pH than at either the 4 or 5. This may be something to consider......

divachyk

Rarely do I ever wear my hair out at work. I did so last week and was quickly annoyed by all of the overreactions. I sometimes think ppl think I'm bald by "oh you got your hair down" and "oh you have a lot of hair" type comments. Now that's it's back in a bun, I will spend the next day or so listening to ppl say "oh you got your hair back up again" as though that's a disappointment to them. When I wear a wig, then they want to know "is that your hair or a wig." I understand that ppl will just run their mouth no matter what you do but dang, can a sistah just wear her hair in peace?

ChristmasCarol

@sipp100 Bwahahahahaha...If only I could take my hair off and mail it to you!!!!

You can, Janet' I won't send it back, however. I want highlights (scared, though) so I could just make yours into clip-ins :lachen:

It would be nice if ladies within 50 miles of each other could do each other's hair! I loooove doing hair - just not my own.

Last edited:

lamorenita02907

So happy found a new way to wear my wash n go without the crazy shrinkage...

At night after I wash and condition...I apply Olive oil hair cream..then I apply Sabastian's Portion 9 wearable treatment.

then i let it air dry as much as I can then put it up in a ponytail..and wrap it with my satin scraf.

Take it down in the morning fluff it up and shake it lik a dog! beautiful!

* Got so many compliments..everyone says it suits me better then the "flat hair". Feeling very confident finally wearing my natural hair! I love it!

charislibra

I got Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched! Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner on Friday. I just cowashed, sitting here with 2 flick-ted puffs. It's not living up to the moisturizing part too much :ohwell:, but my hair wasn't exactly parched either lol. Maybe they work best when used together. It has some slip. My kitchen was the only part that was easily detangled with the condish. I guess my real kitchen is on the left side of the house.

growingbrown

I am so ready for my BC!!!! I am ready now more than ever! Everyday I'm learning my natural hair and forgot I have these relaxed ends that just look horible.

T-4 days!

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Janet'

You can, Janet' I won't send it back, however. I want highlights (scared, though) so I could just make yours into clip-ins :lachen:

It would be nice if ladies within 50 miles of each other could do each other's hair! I loooove doing hair - just not my own.

sipp100 Lol!! Me too!!! Too funny!