Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

No :( *hangs head in shame*

I should know better by now :lol:

Well I rinsed it out, waited for the dye to release and just got in bed with my saran wrapped head. On the bright side, I watched all the Braxton's episodes that I missed, and caught up with my BFF while waiting for the dye release :lol:

kennylee2013

i did not think TWA would suit me....I am soooo glad I did the BC. would not be going back to my hairdresser b though because I had cut my hair two weeks before the 2nd BC and I only wanted her to cut out the relaxed ends and not the new growth and she was like " what new growth" and proceeded to cut my hair including the new growth...so she has lost a customer only she does not know this as yet. I will try and trim my hair on my own when it needs it because everyone seems to think I am keeping my hair short because it is looking good........jeez

After living the flat-ironed life for the past two weeks I'm soooo happy to have my curls back. Natural hair suits me better.

I'm totally happy I flat ironed my hair though - after comparing my hair from January of last year I've gained roughly 2-3 inches (I didn't measure). Nice to know that my hair is actually growing!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I saw a white lady that made me want to abduct her, hold her down and DC the hayell out of her hair. But I am pretty sure that even though my intentions are good, I would still be arrested and convicted. :(

Royalq

i found that QB burdock butter root cream works lovely for me on dry hair, not so much on wet. So after i finish cowashing i need to figure out what to put on my hair when its wet

Lylddlebit

Ovations keeps modifying updating their systems and it was my staple as plan ol' one line ovation. Part of me say whew coarse hair line(rubs hands together). The other part says "legacy line most like original line" doesn't mean same as original line bring back the original dangit! The best thing about having ovation as my staple was knowing exactly what I was getting when I spent my 96 bucks and I know they are trying to improve it but...I want the doggone 2008 ovation line back I don't want to experiment with something that is supposed to be my staple as much as I just want to rely on it to work like I need it to.

Philippians413

I forgot how much I loved Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade as a sealer. It's been keeping my hair nice and moisturized the past couple of days- so much so that I didn't want to wash my hair.

Honey Bee

So, I cut my hair last week, the latest step in a lifelong effort to get rid of damage. :ohwell: From my crown to my nape breaks if you look at it wrong... or it used to. (It's much stronger now with only 1-2" of weak hair left in that area.) I texlax so little at this point that I barely notice my new growth. :lol: Anyway, I trimmed it last week while it was straight. The point of the V is skimming apl and I'm getting nice with my scissors. So, I wash today and it shrunk all the way up to shoulder! WTH!? My plan is to stretch it and/ or set. I'm just disgusted at this point. Yes, it's healthier, thicker, stronger :blah:, but unstraightened, it looks like it hasn't grown since last year! WTH?! What's the point of relaxing if I'm still getting hella shrinkage?! *stomps off angrily*

MrsMelodyV

These twists will not defeat me. I love this style too much. I'm going to learn to do it and I need a cute protective style for maximum retention.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I was so sure I packed my moisturizer for this Vegas trip. I get here and no moisturizer in sight. This always happen to me. I end up having to purchase more when I land. smh. My hair is so not manageable right now. Just trying to rock big braidouts until I get home so I can give myself a wonderful long deep conditioning. I'm barely 10 weeks post and it looks like I'm 20 weeks. smh

Angelicus

Oooooh I got a coupon from Sally Beauty Supply! $5.00 off any purchase $5.00 or above!!!! I AM DOING A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!! :yay: I got it in my email. I am using that SUCKER TODAY!!! I have no idea what I am going to buy... hm,... Yall know I'm a hair product junkie-- maybe some neutral protein filler? gloves? Nail stuff? Whoo hoo!!!

spellinto

OK, so I'm going to work with my high porosity hair to establish a better regimen and achieve better results. I don't think my hair is *super* high-po...I've retained a lot of length and I don't usually experience breakage, but I do experience chronic dryness (ESPECIALLY at my ends!) and an overall "rough" feeling to my strands.

I realize that, despite the advice, I can't seal my hair efficiently with any oil/serum...they either cause tangles and heavy hair, their effects are too short-lived, or they make absolutely no impact at all...plus I'm not a fan of greasy hair. ACV rinses also make no impact. I've considered Roux Porosity but I'm not in the mindset to play around with any more products for awhile.

I'm just going to start small. I'll incorporate my cowashes to keep my moisture balance up...every other day sounds like a good start, and then I'll adjust the timing as needed. I've done back-to-back cowashing in the past with great results, as long as I give my hair enough time to air dry (styling wet hair almost never ends well). I'll also keep up with my protein DC 1x a week to avoid moisture overload. I'm also going to have to invest in a seamless comb to prevent further damage to my ends.

heirloom

I'm loving my hair at the moment but that means I cant stop touching it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to put it in box braids so I stop messing with it

APrayer4Hair

So colored "booty braids" are what's in for the summer, huh? I saw a girl with a headfull of blue braids yesterday, and a girl with purple braids today........

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Honey Bee,

Don't fret. I texlax and still have mega amounts of shrinkage. You'll thank yourself later. Your in a hump; we all get there sometimes.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

LifeafterLHCF

Hate when I want a product but can't find it. I really wanted Nexxus Emergencee but can't find it on ground. Must mean I don't need it because I hate ordering things.

Babygrowth

Have to push my relaxer back a couple of days because it just started itching like crazy out of nowhere. I washed my hair today so it seems fine. I have to remember to pat...

Honey Bee

Don't fret. I texlax and still have mega amounts of shrinkage. You'll thank yourself later. Your in a hump; we all get there sometimes.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together
Saludable84, Thank you for that, I needed it. I was thiiiiiiis close to a corrective. Sike, I can't even remember how many weeks post I am. :lol:

LivingInPeace

If only I could stop my compulsive length checks. I am pledging today to not do another length check until August. I've become obsessed and it's unbecoming.

LifeafterLHCF

I don't know why but I feel like I'm doing something oh so indulgent by sitting under the dryer. I use the best ingredients I can afford thank God for TJ Maxx and sales at Ulta. My hair may not be flowy down my back long but it's the best hair I have and the best of health it's ever been and that's even back when my mother did my hair. My hair was always that long and was just unappealing. Now I take pride rocking a bun with a former lol. Let's see how my hair will look in a year God willing.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Have to push my relaxer back a couple of days because it just started itching like crazy out of nowhere. I washed my hair today so it seems fine. I have to remember to pat...

Why do the itchies always show up right before a relaxer? Lol