Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Unpleasant is an understatement. I was calling on Jesus to just take me now! The water is very hot. It isn't as unpleasant as a dryer though.

If you hate the heat cap, I'm not sure you are going to like a steamer.

Ok it sounds like we have similar issues - :lol:. I can't stand anything on my head either. The only things that don't bug me are the Goody Ouchless barrettes and kinky twists.

Wigs, weaves, other extensions, head bands, scarves, hats, dryers, plastic bags, sleep bonnets, etc., etc. - are all instruments of torture. :yep:

Yes! Earlier in my hair journey I was able to tolerate things on my head but as time goes on I have less less patience :spinning: instruments of torture -that's exactly how I'm beginning to view these things :lol:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, I'm ready for a trim. Fresh ends are calling me. Scheduling a trim for this Tuesday. Henna and indigo afterwards.

Nayna

Unbothered
@JJamiah

I left mine on for 15 min no heat then 20 min with heat. SCORE!!!! I have one of those caps but couldn't find it :sad:.

I hope it goes on sale soon as well. I was surprised to see the reg price is 10.99. Everytime I have seen it before the price was 7.99 and 6.49 with the card.

I got mine from the Sallys in Queens I have to take 3 trains and a bus :spinning:. It takes only over a bit for than an hr so its not too bad.

I think I might have to do this. I really want to try it and I see no point in paying 6 bucks for shipping.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I found a stylist who knows what a 'dusting' is....I'm very excited:yay:

Last edited:

charislibra

Washed my hair today... *Tangles, big tangle-y knots, single strand knots, breaking*, and, probably, normal shedding... *I blame all of this on this crappy Suave Naturals Coconut Shampoo. I only shampoo every two weeks and my hair is normally in sections. If it is or isn't, it doesn't matter, I still have this problem. I only use a dime sized amount for my scalp. My scalp itches like crazy after I use it as well. It calms down in 30 minutes.

faithVA

Washed my hair today... *Tangles, big tangle-y knots, single strand knots, breaking*, and, probably, normal shedding... *I blame all of this on this crappy Suave Naturals Coconut Shampoo. I only shampoo every two weeks and my hair is normally in sections. If it is or isn't, it doesn't matter, I still have this problem. I only use a dime sized amount for my scalp. My scalp itches like crazy after I use it as well. It calms down in 30 minutes.

Girl get a new shampoo: Elasta QP, CON; Shea Moisture - anything that treats you good. Even if it is only every two weeks, it can be a good experience and make a big difference.

pookaloo83

I love the color in your siggy too. Your hair looks fabulous.

You can always try a rinse and see if you like it. Maybe?

I already dyed my hair twice. I need to lay off the color for a while. Maybe I should try indigo? Is that what people use to make their hair dark? I'm lost as to what I wanna do. I kinda want an auburn color as well. *sigh*

faithVA

I already dyed my hair twice. I need to lay off the color for a while. Maybe I should try indigo? Is that what people use to make their hair dark? I'm lost as to what I wanna do. I kinda want an auburn color as well. *sigh*

Yes they use indigo. Well since I am out of my territory when it has anything to do with henna or indigo, I will allow you to muse in peace.

JJamiah

I want to henna so bad, but I'm scared of my hair breaking off and being hard as a rock.

pookaloo83 I thought the exact same thing. That is what kept me from trying it for so long.

:spank: I had to spank myself for even having waited so long. It is good stuff. But you have to condition your hair well afterwards. :)
I love it!

Yes Indigo is what is great for natural black coloring of your hair. :)

It is Messy but great stuff :)

winona

I just dced, cowashed and flat twisted my hair. I am currently anxiously waiting until tomorrow when I take down these flat twists:) The last time I tried this style I looked a HAM

winona

On a personal no comb or brush challenge until 1Jun:) I hope this reduces the amount of ssks and splits I see. They arent out of control but I want to see how far I can eliminate them.

jupitermoon

I've never thought I was entitled to having a man/being in a relationship due to something as superficial as long hair.

My regimen is super simple. I don't spend countless hours obssessing over my hair; it's pretty much wash and go.

Candy828

I've never thought I was entitled to having a man/being in a relationship due to something as superficial as long hair.

My regimen is super simple. I don't spend countless hours obssessing over my hair; it's pretty much wash and go.

Dito.... I am a Wash 'n' Go gal as well... keeping it simple....too....:grin:

thebelleofelle

fresh wash, 2 min protein treatment, and 3 hours d/c...flat iron moisturize and seal... dang this journey is very time consuming...Can I just get my goal length already??

GROW HAIR GROW

Imani

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be able to "slick" my hair back into a bun/ponytail or do a "wash and go"? My hair doesn't "slick" and wash and go would be more like "wash and no" or "wash and fro".

Just saw a family member's wife who's hair is like relaxed midback length. She doesn't do anything special to it-salon every two weeks, wrap at night, and wear down every single day. As much as LHCF hates to admit it, some folks got it like that and don't have to have special reggies, protective style all the time, etc.

I don't even trip, everyone has things they struggle with and others that come easy. Besides, caring for my hair is actually pretty fun/entertaining now a days. I also like the idea of proving a point to others that even if you've never had long hair before, you can get it with some effort. Can't wait to see jaws drop in a few months of folks who never thought my hair could be long.

13StepsAhead

Finally a nice and sunny weekend, I will be trying out this wash n go thing for the 2nd time since I've been natural. Hopefully I won't be so heavy handed with the gel this time around.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I think I might have to do this. I really want to try it and I see no point in paying 6 bucks for shipping.

Good!!!

I have to get out there btwn today and Sunday because I have a 15% off and a $5 coupon that expires on Sun.

Happy Sally's shopping

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm so off my supplement game that not only do I forget to take them but, I also forget whether I took them or not. Time to whip out my handy dandy medicine organizer.

cocomochaa

I should remove my profile pic because my hair no longer looks like that.

It's not only breakage But my hair as thinned out considerably. I see much more scalp than I used to.

This is depressing. The last 4 months of intensively caring for my hair has not helped. I just dont understand.