Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

LushLox

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the Curls Blissful Lengths Vitamins might actually be better than Manetabolism by the Mane Choice. I really didn't want to believe the hype, but I am now a believer in liquid vitamins. The price of those Curls vitamins though.....I'll have to switch between the Mane Choice and Curls every few months.

I’ve always known this but I’m always worried about the taste of liquid vits. What does the Curls vitamins taste like, is it fairly palatable then?

Evolving78

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the Curls Blissful Lengths Vitamins might actually be better than Manetabolism by the Mane Choice. I really didn't want to believe the hype, but I am now a believer in liquid vitamins. The price of those Curls vitamins though.....I'll have to switch between the Mane Choice and Curls every few months.
The price is not the business. That’s close to $30 every two weeks, since the bottle only last for two weeks! I’m sure it works well though..

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I’ve always known this but I’m always worried about the taste of liquid vits. What does the Curls vitamins taste like, is it fairly palatable then?
It has a “new and improved” taste. From the old reviews I’ve seen, the taste was not the best. But this formulation is bearable to me. I will say though, I am someone who never sees a problem with the scent or taste of a product, so I may not be the best judge. I have no problems taking it.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I tried a wash and go this morning using the olive oil Eco Styler gel and of course, it looked great while it was wet. Any cream product I put seems to just sit on top of my hair and make it white, which is what made me try the gel.

I still had pretty good curl definition after it dried (with the exception of the parts of my hair that are more wavy than curly) and I actually got a lot of compliments but it's so crunchy and stiff. I wonder if there's something I could mix it with that would fix that.
Try a gel other than eco :look: I'm not a fan of eco.
I recommend mane choice biotin gel, kinky curly curling custard, as I am curling jelly, Camille rose curl maker, wet line, just about anything but eco.
I usually pair my gel with the corresponding leave in or milk. I generally don't mix lines.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I have 4 more bottles of the Curls Vitamins, but I am itching to get more with that 35% off code. But, something is telling me they might have 40%+ off for Black Friday, and I’ll probably end up purchasing then too. Decisions.

Curls seem to be getting all of my money this month. I can’t wait to try the scalp treatment that I ordered. I love all things tingly and minty. I also want to try their new milk. I have the CRN Moisture Milk, but it goes rancid if you open it and don’t use it all in less than two months (from my experience). I’m currently smelling the bottle and it smells really sour and I’ve been using it for less than 8 weeks. You better believe I’m going to use it all up.

I also have a second unopened bottle. I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing any of the CRN products that I currently have. The only product I like is the oil, but I can get an oil from any company so......idk.

Sosoothing

It has been 15 days since my last wash and I have only re-moisturized my hair one time. One time! Its still super moist. That's cool. A few strands balled up fell on my arm and I felt the moisture on my arm! I looked at my arm with hair on it like "really, you're really that moist?" That was the other night while doing a mini detangle.

Eta: my hair is cool to the touch. I felt that coolness on my arm.

You're the one that uses a curl activator and blue magic grease combo right?
I have been in braids for about 4 months now and plan to try your combo when I take them down.
I have used curl activator for a while but have trouble finding the right oil or grease to seal the moisture in. Or maybe i don't repeat the process often enough between wash days.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
My head! The hair is too heavy while DC'ING! What is this? I couldn't wait to hurry up and put the plastic bag on. Felt like I had a heavy wet towel on! This is a little new...ok.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
You're the one that uses a curl activator and blue magic grease combo right?
I have been in braids for about 4 months now and plan to try your combo when I take them down.
I have used curl activator for a while but have trouble finding the right oil or grease to seal the moisture in. Or maybe i don't repeat the process often enough between wash days.
Yes I'm the one :D. Yay try it! What I do is, wash, air dry, moisturize, let the juices marinate, seal with Blue Magic. Works great and stays moisturized like that for a long while. Make sure you let your hair become moisturized first then seal of course. Enjoy!!

Oh, I use the original Blue (Blue)Magic.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Yay! I'm done! Now I'm air drying and it seems that I have more density in my hair. It is heavy and thicker which is always good. I'm in 8 jumbo twists. They smell really good.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just love when the bss gives out samples. Tonight I used Optimum's Amla 10 in 1 elixir. It's a heat protectant and some. My hair was very soft and had slip, but my blow dry ended up fluffier than usual. I guess that's a good thing depending on the look you are going for...

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Dang! My bun is huge today!! it's still wet from last night's washing. I put some juices and berries (curl activator) on it this morning, letting it marinate while at work. Later on I'll put a thin coating of Blue Magic.

There is a guy where I work with a huge afro today, We said hello to each other and I felt like we gave each other a fist bump with our eyes LOL. We both are the only blacks around here.

My bun is huge and my lip gloss is poppin...

Cool.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Instead of doing the DC-wash-DC method, I did Chicoro's prepoo method overnight, cleansed with a conditioning and ayurvedic shampoo bar, and then DC'd with SM's Manuka Honey Masque. My hair felt better than usual!: Moisturized, easy to detangle, strong, and silky.

I think I have had my hair on a rollercoaster ride, removing too much hydration and moisture, then handling it in that state, then working to replenishing hydration and moisture . . . then doing it again and again.

It is good to be moving from simply swapping out products to trialing steps and ingredients based on a rationale and hair science.

However, the art of hair care still matters! After all that, I applied to much gel! :look: Thank goodness for Slap Caps. :smile:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Instead of doing the DC-wash-DC method, I did Chicoro's prepoo method overnight, cleansed with a conditioning and ayurvedic shampoo bar, and then DC'd with SM's Manuka Honey Masque. My hair felt better than usual!: Moisturized, easy to detangle, strong, and silky.

I think I have had my hair on a rollercoaster ride, removing too much hydration and moisture, then handling it in that state, then working to replenishing hydration and moisture . . . then doing it again and again.

It is good to be moving from simply swapping out products to trialing steps and ingredients based on a rationale and hair science.

However, the art of hair care still matters! After all that, I applied to much gel! :look: Thank goodness for Slap Caps. :smile:

Yay! Have you found the one/one's yet?

You know what Yvette, one day your going to tell us that you have found your staples. Day by day you're getting closer LOL. Am I wrong?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yay! Have you found the one/one's yet?

You know what Yvette, one day your going to tell us that you have found your staples. Day by day you're getting closer LOL. Am I wrong?

Yes, I have identified my staples and even some holy grails. Please see this post: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...hallenge-jan-dec.809133/page-15#post-24337439

However, I watch natural hair masters with 10+ years of natural hair experience and with WL, HL, and TBL ever staying open minded to improve upon their regimens. They would never assume they have nothing left to learn. I'll probably never close my mind to improving and learning more.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Yes, I have identified my staples and even some holy grails. Please see this post: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...hallenge-jan-dec.809133/page-15#post-24337439

However, I watch natural hair masters with 10+ years of natural hair experience and with WL, HL, and TBL ever staying open minded to improve upon their regimens. They would never assume they have nothing left to learn. I'll probably never close my mind to improving and learning more.

Okay! :biggrin: sounds good.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams

I was thinking about this the other day. The issue with having staples and not knowing how/why they work is that they can get discontinued or reformulated. Then you're back at square one.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@YvetteWithJoy

My regimen is sealed tight right now. I don't think I'll tweak it not even a little bit. At this point I will assume that my hair has everything it could ever want. Moisture, strength and softness. It defiantly has plenty of strength and hydration. I think I want to close my mind and keep it closed concerning my hair routine. I'm thinking if it aint broke....well.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy

My regimen is sealed tight right now. I don't think I'll tweak it not even a little bit. At this point I will assume that my hair has everything it could ever want. Moisture, strength and softness. It defiantly has plenty of strength and hydration. I think I want to close my mind and keep it closed concerning my hair routine. I'm thinking if it aint broke....well.

:yep:

I love that you have been able to grow your hair and keep it strong and moisturized with, what, 4 products? Nice!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
LOL YES !!!

ETA and really cheap ones too!!!

Lol!

I'd be sad if I didn't feel free to have fun with variety. I never would have discovered shampoo bars or grease if I didn't have a spirit of listening to others, reading, thinking, learning . . .

Thanks for encouraging me to try grease, by the way. So glad I was open to you.

Currently I'm open to CurlyProverbz's methods and @Chicoro's methods, and I'm gaining so much from it.