Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

AgeinATL

Yall help me. Im trying to remember a relaxed hair youtuber from a long time ago. She reminded me of Fancy from Jamie fox show. her name was something like Rose or Marie?? I know it had a rose in there. She had shoulder length hair and always wore red lipstick, she's light-ish skin, very well spoken, pretty lady. She was similar to Ateyaa in that she kept talking about healthy hair but her hair aint neva grow. I havent seen her for years and I jst want to check if her hair has grown at all. I just checked up on Ateyaa and yall know how that went:rolleyes:

This lady?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The humidity puffed up my hair within minutes this morning. That's odd because 1. I have a bkt and 2. It only got big and frizzy on the right side. Maybe the winds and rain were only hitting one side. Anyway, I surrendered to mother nature and put my hair up in a bun. #Harvey is coming... Houston we have another problem.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Dunno where the henna thread is :( but dang! This Minar Henna is Ronald McDonald RED! At least it held...now I'm going to have to put indigo on and I hate indigo because it's permanent.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I was thinking about switching hair dyes but I really love the Shea Moisture color system. I wasn't switching because of the controversy but because I was being cheap and didn't want to pay $26 for 2 boxes lol. I think I'm just going to stick with what works.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Oh I am just so excited. I started to do a semi detangle session and my hair was so much easier to comb through. I feel like singing opera y'all. I ended up doing a full blown detangle! I know it's the BLUEMAGIC GREASE. DON'T SLEEP ON GREASE.

I only have a tiny bit in my hair! It will take forever to use up a whole jar! Yeeeee!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I am so so pleased with my hair length, texture, thickness and over all feel of my hair. It is so fluffy like a beautiful puffy cloud.*eyes watering * I'm wearing an updo with puffy twisted bangs that took me only minutes to do. All this 4C/4B goodness! So soft to the touch. It has these little ripples/waves all over it. I wouldn't want any other kind of hair ever. I thank God for it always.

AgeinATL

I am so so pleased with my hair length, texture, thickness and over all feel of my hair. It is so fluffy like a beautiful puffy cloud.*eyes watering * I'm wearing an updo with puffy twisted bangs that took me only minutes to do. All this 4C/4B goodness! So soft to the touch. It has these little ripples/waves all over it. I wouldn't want any other kind of hair ever. I thank God for it always.

Your post made me smile. I was JUST thinking the same thing about my hair and how glad I am that I am experiencing and learning my natural hair. I have said it before but I wish that I'd transitioned sooner. I love my hair and texture even with these darn SSKs!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Your post made me smile. I was JUST thinking the same thing about my hair and how glad I am that I am experiencing and learning my natural hair. I have said it before but I wish that I'd transitioned sooner. I love my hair and texture even with these darn SSKs!
Oh I'm so with you , I'm hoping that as my hair gets longer/bigger that it will drown out the regret of not starting sooner. I try not to dwell on that thought.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
It's funny I was just about to order my relaxer. Maybe I should think about it some more. I am so sick of being natural and staying at the same length. I might try a few more options (wig and bkts) before doing the deed

I wished i wouldve hid my hair prior to relaxing. I went to a salon and my hair was shedding for weeks. Then I self relaxed, which slowed down the shedding but now I'm dealing with thin ends.

Total nightmare!!

I relaxed because my natural hair wasnt growing, but I wasnt protected styling either. Also, I didnt realize how thin my hair was either as a natural, so relaxed......

But overall, I miss my natural/texlaxed hair.

Aggie

I love your attitude girlie. I wouldn't trade my hair for any other hair either. I finally love and appreciate every coily strand on my head. I am eternally grateful to God for it all.

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Trying to decide how much I care about having long hair. Every time it gets to BSL+ I start having mini meltdowns about it! I don't think long thick curly hair is for me. I think I need a cut and shape up. It would be so much easier I think! But I feel like part of my identity is wrapped up in my hair, which is sad. Like ppl are emotionally invested in my hair length and it's kinda scary to cut it! I don't want anything too drastic, maybe CBL or SL. Something long enough to put in a pony tail.

RossBoss

Okay so I see that using regular conditioner as a leave in only worked on relaxed hair, it does not work on my natural hair as well. It leaves it feeling like hard dry straw. I was using Hello Hydration as a leave in and that is a no go on my natural hair but heavenly on my relaxed tresses.

fifi134

Trying to decide how much I care about having long hair. Every time it gets to BSL+ I start having mini meltdowns about it! I don't think long thick curly hair is for me. I think I need a cut and shape up. It would be so much easier I think! But I feel like part of my identity is wrapped up in my hair, which is sad. Like ppl are emotionally invested in my hair length and it's kinda scary to cut it! I don't want anything too drastic, maybe CBL or SL. Something long enough to put in a pony tail.

I understand the feeling. I've always had long hair and people associated it with me when they thought of fifi134. But it's your hair and they'll have to get over it. You cutting or growing your hair to your ankles shouldn't bother them because it doesn't hinder or help their growth at all! I found that when I cut my hair twice in a year, the most supportive people were those who have no issues growing their hair either. The negative and shame-filled comments were from the bald headed folk :drunk:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I understand the feeling. I've always had long hair and people associated it with me when they thought of fifi134. But it's your hair and they'll have to get over it. You cutting or growing your hair to your ankles shouldn't bother them because it doesn't hinder or help their growth at all! I found that when I cut my hair twice in a year, the most supportive people were those who have no issues growing their hair either. The negative and shame-filled comments were from the bald headed folk :drunk:

Lol I actually laughed out loud at "bald headed folk" :lol: I'm also nervous about work bc Coworkers are so nosy and bad at reading body language (i.e. Back off, leave me alone, I hate you :look:) and my last hair cut/work experience was no fun bc of all the questions and "wait, did you do something different to your hairrr??" Lol I obviously put too much thought into strangers opinions

nerdography

So, my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm stopped working. It still moisturizes my hair, but provides no slip anymore, I'm not sure what happened. I've been wanting to try a new deep conditioner anyway, so when I finish this jar (which should be at the end of September) I'm going to try something else.

Royalq

So, my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm stopped working. It still moisturizes my hair, but provides no slip anymore, I'm not sure what happened. I've been wanting to try a new deep conditioner anyway, so when I finish this jar (which should be at the end of September) I'm going to try something else.
Did you clarify? Or maybe an ingredient change?