Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I want to try roller setting in the future. Is this a good product?
71gBKxgsthL._SY679_.jpg

@Sharpened I've never used it but please report back if you do buy it. I usually buy the Keracare one, but I'd be happy to buy a cheaper one if it works. :look:

If you're using a mousse don't apply it to the whole length just mid length to ends as sometimes they can be too sticky/stiff and cause a mess in the end result.

As someone with allergies and sensitivities, that worries me. I will have to see if one of my friends uses it and test it on my skin.
I know. That's why I told you ingredients are a mystery. But it's bae.

My old stylist used the ORS on me a few times and it was nice, but that was after a couple of days. I used it alone and I would recommend you to just use 3 pumps at most entire head. She would use like 5-6-7 pumps like it was nothing. I used 3 and it was good enough.

Nevermind, it is a no-go for me: Nairobi Wrapp-It Shine Foaming Lotion Ingredients & Review

With that being said, I told the woman on the phone my concerns and she finally told me where to find the full ingredient list. It WAS on their website but it was not under the ingredient tab. It was under the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) tab.

Nairobi Wrapp It Shine Foaming Lotion Ingredients
  • Cocamidopropyl Betaine 61789-40-0
  • Panthenol 81-13-0
  • Propylene Glycol 57-55-6
  • Dimethicone Copolyol 64365-23-7
  • Polisorbate 20 9005-64-5
  • Polyquaternium-11 53633-54-8

@LushLox do you still relax and rollerset? I miss my rollersets and was planning on relaxing for my bday

@Napp I still relax but I didn't rollerset for a few years, I simply got fed up of doing it.

I'm making up for lost time though and have done quite a few sets in the last few weeks. I never should have stopped. Oh well...

When is your birthday it's mine too in a couple of weeks. :)

@Napp I still relax but I didn't rollerset for a few years, I simply got fed up of doing it.

I'm making up for lost time though and have done quite a few sets in the last few weeks. I never should have stopped. Oh well...

When is your birthday it's mine too in a couple of weeks. :)

happy early bday! Mine is in November so i have time to see if i want to really go back to being relaxed. My hair has stayed at the same length for years because my natural hair breaks in the middle. So I keep cutting it. I didn't have that problem when I was relaxed. I had a nice healthy hemline. I am going to try crochet braids for a while until i make my decision.

That's right!!! You stated that recently.

I take the recommendation off the table.

Just throwing it out there: have you looked at aveda phomollient? I have no idea of those ingredients either, I just have a bottle in here somewhere.
Found it: Aveda phomollient™ styling foam

Ingredients: Aqueous (Water\Aqua\Eau) Extracts\Extraits Aqueux:Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract , Polysorbate 20 , Glycerin , Polyquaternium-11 , Polyquaternium-10 , Honey\Mel\Miel , Oryzanol , Tocopherol , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Fragrance (Parfum) , Geraniol , Linalool , Farnesol , Benzyl Benzoate , Amyl Cinnamal , Benzyl Salicylate , Citronellol , Eugenol , Limonene , Citric Acid , Sodium Gluconate , Potassium Sorbate , Phenoxyethanol

So, my failed attempts at a WNG was using naptural method. My recent attempt was using traceykiss method. However, I didn't abandon naptural altogether.

Naptural:
Wash or cowash
Deep condition
Light leave in
Oil
Gel
Soaking wet hair
Lots of smoothing (fail)
Large sections (fail)

TraceyKiss:
Wash or cowash
Deep condition (if needed)
Creamy leave in but not tooooo much
Gel
Large section then smooth then go piece by piece through section. Unclump enough to get some definition

Me:
Wash
Deep condition
Creamy leave in
Oil (Naptural)
Gel
Soaking wet hair (Naptural)
Large section then smooth then go piece by piece through section. Unclump enough to get some definition (Tracey)

Found it: Aveda phomollient™ styling foam

Ingredients: Aqueous (Water\Aqua\Eau) Extracts\Extraits Aqueux:Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract , Polysorbate 20 , Glycerin , Polyquaternium-11 , Polyquaternium-10 , Honey\Mel\Miel , Oryzanol , Tocopherol , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Fragrance (Parfum) , Geraniol , Linalool , Farnesol , Benzyl Benzoate , Amyl Cinnamal , Benzyl Salicylate , Citronellol , Eugenol , Limonene , Citric Acid , Sodium Gluconate , Potassium Sorbate , Phenoxyethanol

Dang you quick lol. Does this work?

I remember getting it for rollerset but my son was a newborn then (same son I'm watching tear up toilet paper as we speak because he's potty training) and never got to it. It's also volumizing.

My goal later was to try foams for twist outs because I'd seen videos on, but never go to it.

Dang you quick lol. Does this work?

I remember getting it for rollerset but my son was a newborn then (same son I'm watching tear up toilet paper as we speak because he's potty training) and never got to it. It's also volumizing.

My goal later was to try foams for twist outs because I'd seen videos on, but never go to it.
It looks like a go. Thank you! *copy/paste in hair journal*

I ended up ordering the Alter Ego Linange Shea Butter Relaxer, neutralizing conditioner and the reconstructing hair mask. I did like reviews on the Mizani Butter blends but the line was just too expensive IMO, and the cost varies too much $20.99 in one store then $39.99 down the street, lol. I started wondering if the products were the real deal.

Tomorrow is wash day, well cowash day. Will probably dc on dry hair then cowash it out. I'm also packing up some of my Shea Moisture products to give to my mom and brother. I'm giving them a full set of the coconut water fusion, the coconut water mousse and a full set of the raw shea butter.

If I don't like the sacha inchi gel and smoothie after I trial them this week then I'm giving them to my brother as well. His hair is coarser, thicker and denser than mine and did well with massive amounts of the coconut and hibiscus smoothie while I could only use about a nickle sized amount per section. I'm trying to get rid of my SM stash by the end of the year.

Does anyone use a serum on natural hair? I don't mean for heat styling (blow dry/flat iron) but like to detangle or refresh?
I do this sometimes to get braidouts to stretch more. But I'm stopping for a while because I don't use a sulfate shampoo when I wash and I can feel the cones in my hair throughout wash day. Hair feels great all other times but that bothers me.

I'm in the north of the country today on business. Whenever I travel even if it's for one night I always wash my hair because the water is so beautiful. It's been well documented on here but that good water, damn it's akin to manna from heaven!

Makes your hair and skin feel so lush!

I envy all of you who have lovely water, it makes a world of difference to your skin and hair.

I am falling back in love with roller sets. I think it looks great with my short natural hair. Lottabody foam wrap has been working great for me. My SOS has a good laugh at me because when I sit under my hooded dryer I have a stand fan in front of me at the same time. He says I can't believe you brought a fan just to do your hair in front of. I use my fan when I flat iron my hair as well.

I am falling back in love with roller sets. I think it looks great with my short natural hair. Lottabody foam wrap has been working great for me. My SOS has a good laugh at me because when I sit under my hooded dryer I have a stand fan in front of me at the same time. He says I can't believe you brought a fan just to do your hair in front of. I use my fan when I flat iron my hair as well.
I need a fan too! I had to turn the air on to do my hair and get the kids dressed.

Just threw away a brand new full jar of SM raw shea butter dc. There was a bunch of hairs in it. I normally check my unsealed products before I leave the purchase them. Don't know how I missed this. Absolutely disgusting.

Just threw away a brand new full jar of SM raw shea butter dc. There was a bunch of hairs in it. I normally check my unsealed products before I leave the purchase them. Don't know how I missed this. Absolutely disgusting.
:stop:
Just so I'm clear you purchased from a store and this was sold to you as unused product. If that is the case :mad::barf: you should take it back and raise Cain.

:stop:
Just so I'm clear you purchased from a store and this was sold to you as unused product. If that is the case :mad::barf: you should take it back and raise Cain.
It was a heat of the moment angry trashing. I don't be wasting money. Lol. Just went and grabbed it out of the trash. There's no indication of use. It's filled all the way to the top yet there's several hairs imbedded in it. Just nasty. It's going right back to Target as soon as I finish wash day.

:lol:
what dryer are you using @Lissa0821 ??
i really need a new one.

any pictures of your rollerset, btw? I have short natural hair too, and i'm curious about doing them.

:lol:
what dryer are you using @Lissa0821 ??
i really need a new one.

any pictures of your rollerset, btw? I have short natural hair too, and i'm curious about doing them.

I have the Lava Tech table top dryer. I love it because it is tourmaline and ionic. It doesn't dry out my hair. This is my second one. I brought the first one when they first came out and it died after one year. I brought the upgraded version two years later and it is going strong. I also have the Red Kiss table top which I got from Walmart. Child it's good too...It is just too hot for me, like blazing hot. It dried out my hair.

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to load pictures yet. It's not as easy as it use to be.

I got my Sephora. play box today and it included 2 hair products, DevaCurl SuperCream coconut curl styler and Madam CJ Walker curl whip styling soufflé. I may try the latter with the sample of their coconut oil I got in another play box a few months ago for a wash n go. Both are 2oz tubes that should give me 2-3 uses, possibly more, depending on product thickness.

Back