Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Evolving78

I'm done with ORS lye relaxer. Need to find a relaxer that will give my hair some sheen. This relaxer system is dry and dull. At least the results are consistent. I'm so texlaxed...smh

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I think this is the last purchase I'm going make before commencing the Use Up Your Stash and No-Buy Challenges.

I can see these being VERY useful:
  • for drying my hair to keep the hair closer to the scalp (so it ends up less puffy/poofy),
  • to help me on wash day to keep my detangled hair in sections: then, once hair is detangled and clipped, I could wash the hair that way without needed to twist the hair up (further manipulation), and I could -- because the hair is in clips -- apply my leave-in and gel and end moisturizer section by section,
  • etc.

upload_2017-3-29_4-40-5.png

LavenderMint

I think this is the last purchase I'm going make before commencing the Use Up Your Stash and No-Buy Challenges.

I can see these being VERY useful:
  • for drying my hair to keep the hair closer to the scalp (so it ends up less puffy/poofy),
  • to help me on wash day to keep my detangled hair in sections: then, once hair is detangled and clipped, I could wash the hair that way without needed to twist the hair up (further manipulation), and I could -- because the hair is in clips -- apply my leave-in and gel and end moisturizer section by section,
  • etc.

View attachment 392921
I really like mine & use them as you've described as well as helping to dry my twists in the directions I want. I buy them from eBay.

trueheartofgold

Hey sunshine! Thank you so much for those two articles. Just yesterday I was reading ingredients in two products that have glycerin high on the list and thought I should avoid them. I'm going to give them a try because both articles have them as being good hydrators.

Did I tell you that you're the best? I'm still going to say it again: you're the best! :grouphug3::kiss:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hey sunshine! Thank you so much for those two articles. Just yesterday I was reading ingredients in two products that have glycerin high on the list and thought I should avoid them. I'm going to give them a try because both articles have them as being good hydrators.

Did I tell you that you're the best? I'm still going to say it again: you're the best! :grouphug3::kiss:

Oh, you're kind! Thanks. You might not thank me if the humectants give you trouble. Lol. The articles really helped me to see why I'm able to make glycerin and Oyin Hair Dew and such work year-round. I am officially unconfused now. :smile: I love that people share their knowledge!

Aggie

I get so tired of these companies changing the product formulations then try to pass it off as "new and improved" when 9 times out of 10 it's not. I've had to look for new staples too often in the past 6 years and it's absolutely ridiculous.
Agreed :yep:

This is one of the reasons why I am going back to Kerastase, Redken, and Keracare products. They are not known for changing up their formulas too often but Redken tend to phase out some of their product lines and I don't particularly care for that. I do limit my Redken products to just a few that I know works really well. Kerastase and Keracare are pretty stable with their formulations. Matrix Biolage is not so bad either.

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Yay! What changed?

Everything is just easy.

Instead of "use up your stash", I gave away and trashed all the non holy grails.

No longer being a PJ (reformed since 2011 or so) has also been a win in my court.

Last but not least:
Trying QB detangling ghee and buying avocado oil.
^^QB &Avocado oil have solidified my regimen.

Aggie

Everything is just easy.

Instead of "use up your stash", I gave away and trashed all the non holy grails.

No longer being a PJ (reformed since 2011 or so) has also been a win in my court.

Last but not least:
Trying QB detangling ghee and buying avocado oil.
^^QB &Avocado oil have solidified my regimen.
@yaya24

Are you relaxed or natural?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I accidentally went 3 months without doing a protein treatment and my hair looked and felt okay. It also looked and felt okay when I did them monthly. I think I'll go back to monthly treatments just to be on the safe side.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Great, not a few strands, but whole coils trying to escape my oogly twists. Tryin' ta get back to their natural form like that car in the movie, Christine. I will have to try gel or something next time.

Evolving78

Agreed :yep:

This is one of the reasons why I am going back to Kerastase, Redken, and Keracare products. They are not known for changing up their formulas too often but Redken tend to phase out some of their product lines and I don't particularly care for that. I do limit my Redken products to just a few that I know works really well. Kerastase and Keracare are pretty stable with their formulations. Matrix Biolage is not so bad either.
I agree! Mine is Design Essentials, Keracare, Silicon Mix, & Elucence