Quick Question on Biotin

SvelteVelvet

There are sooo many threads mentioning Biotin, I just want to know quickly from users who broke out taking Biotin and stuck with it, did your skin eventually clear up as you continued to take it?? I understand some products especially for skin will make things worse before they are better, but starting out using it with fairly clear skin, I don't really get that. I transitioned from 1mg, to 2mg, to 3mg from a HSN bottle, (no skin problems, actually had my skin clear smooth & glowing), then 5mg of straight Biotin over the past few weeks, and I just started breaking out today having used the 5mg and B-Complex the past 4 days. The bottle professes the vitamin to be great for skin hair and nail health, like I said, I really don't get why it must break out a clear complexion to make it 'better', it is what it is I guess. Just want to confirm if this is just a detoxifying affect. I've read from plenty of people that broke out and gave it up, just wondering from people that kept it up despite breakout if it's a hurdle that I will eventually overcome. And if so, how long did it take to clear back up?? I really want to give it a 6 month chance to see what it can do for my hair. TIA!!!!

klb120475

I'm not sure if I can answer your question, but will share my biotin experience with you. When I initially begin biotin, back in January, I did have a couple break outs...couple pimples on my chin. They cleared up in about a month. I haven't had any other biotin break outs since then.

SvelteVelvet

klb120475 said:
I'm not sure if I can answer your question, but will share my biotin experience with you. When I initially begin biotin, back in January, I did have a couple break outs...couple pimples on my chin. They cleared up in about a month. I haven't had any other biotin break outs since then.

So you continued to take the biotin? If so, that answers my question completely. Thanks!

*hoping for more responses*

klb120475

SvelteVelvet said:
So you continued to take the biotin? If so, that answers my question completely. Thanks!

*hoping for more responses*

Yeah, I'm still taking the biotin with hopes of growing hair like Candy_C.:grin:

SvelteVelvet

klb120475 said:
Yeah, I'm still taking the biotin with hopes of growing hair like Candy_C.:grin:

Yeah, I want my hair growing like a weed too! :D At least until I reach my Full APL or BSL goal. Thanks that's very reasurring.