Quick Henna (or Indigo) Question

Missi

I want to dye my hair black using Indigo: Can I do a Henna Gloss using Indigo and get a black color or should I dye it black first and then some other time use Cassia for glossing purposes?

BrooklynSouth

4N6_Gyrl said:
I want to dye my hair black using Indigo: Can I do a Henna Gloss using Indigo and get a black color or should I dye it black first and then some other time use Cassia for glossing purposes?

The Indigo will not work to make hair black unless you Henna first.

LaNecia

Brooklyn is correct. If you henna by itself you will have a reddish (even orange sometimes) tint. If you indigo by itself I think you run the risk of blue or green hair. Henna and indigo WHEN USED TOGETHER at the same time give you shades of brown I believe (I do not have my notes handy). Indigo OVER henna, applied after you've done a henna treatment will give you the black you're looking for.

You can use a gloss at anytime, it's just henna mixed with a conditioner (and whatever else you want to add). You get less intense color with some of the conditioning benefits of henna and the other ingredient(s). I suppose you could use Cassia to do a gloss but in that it's colorless, I'd use it by itself for maximum benefit.

HTH.

Try PMing Sareca, she's much more knowledgeable about the indigo than I am. I'm a hennaologist, she's and hennindigologist. :lol: She can come correct any misinformation I may have provided (my journal got wet yesterday so it's useless right now. :ill: )