Questions to ask your weave-ologist.....

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
how long did u do this regi to get from NL to APL? how long do u leave ur installs in? thanks

it took me two years. one year from neck to just below shoulder. wore the weave for a year. jan 2007 to jan 2008

in 2008 i had major setback from postpartum shedding, but managed to maintain my length. couldn't retain. so for about 6 months i just stayed the same length. :perplexed

i went from shoulder length to apl when i weaved back up in may 2008 and took down in november 2008.

eta - i leave my installs in for 8 - 10 weeks. (8 is my preference) once i got past shoulder length i couldn't go longer than that. when my hair was shorter i could go 10-12 weeks.

Last edited:

scarcity21

it took me two years. one year from neck to just below shoulder. wore the weave for a year. jan 2007 to jan 2008

in 2008 i had major setback from postpartum shedding, but managed to maintain my length. couldn't retain. so for about 6 months i just stayed the same length. :perplexed

i went from shoulder length to apl when i weaved back up in may 2008 and took down in november 2008.

eta - i leave my installs in for 8 - 10 weeks. (8 is my preference) once i got past shoulder length i couldn't go longer than that. when my hair was shorter i could go 10-12 weeks.

Thanks...I really had success with my last install, Im a very slow grower...and i cut my hair to EL...maybe mid NL in January...so I was trying to get an estimate on approximately how much time I would need to grow out to SL and hopefully APL using weaves as my protective style:yep:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Thanks...I really had success with my last install, Im a very slow grower...and i cut my hair to EL...maybe mid NL in January...so I was trying to get an estimate on approximately how much time I would need to grow out to SL and hopefully APL using weaves as my protective style:yep:

your welcome chica! i'm a slow grower/slow retainer, so i understand.

i use weaves as a protective style and they really help me retain my length. so i am a big fan.

happy hair growing :grin: