Questions for Natural ladies who baggie their Whole head of hair at night.

BlkOnyx488

Sometimes I cowash my hair at night
apply leave in conditioner, and then baggie my hair.

however lately I wake up in the middle of the night and mmy head is itching like crazy.

I end up taking the bag off my head and then the itching stops.

I have tried different conditioners. I have noticed when I let my hair dry a little before I baggie it, I don't have the problem.

SO my questions
Has this happen to anyone else?
and is it a sign that my hair is growing?
It seems like since I started bagging my hair again it's seems to have experienced a growth spurt.

Ok those are my questions

MCMLXXII

Sometimes I cowash my hair at night
apply leave in conditioner, and then baggie my hair.

however lately I wake up in the middle of the night and mmy head is itching like crazy.

I end up taking the bag off my head and then the itching stops.

I have tried different conditioners. I have noticed when I let my hair dry a little before I baggie it, I don't have the problem.

SO my questions
Has this happen to anyone else?
and is it a sign that my hair is growing?
It seems like since I started bagging my hair again it's seems to have experienced a growth spurt.

Ok those are my questions

Hi! It makes sense that you would have a growth spurt. The baggying method follows the same premise as the Jehi Curl. In the 80's when we all (myself included) had Jheri curls, our hair grew because of ALL the moisture and this includes the nightly "baggying."

But regarding the itching, are you using a new, clean plastic cap each night? I baggy often and I always use a fresh cap. Is it itching along the perimeter of the plastic cap or is it your scalp? Specifically, what product are you putting on your scalp and is it designed to be on your scalp for 6-8 hours?