Question for the Baggie Beauties...

MizaniMami

Hello all,

I have been doing the baggie method at night for the past week or two and love it but I have a few concerns (as with anything I am doing lol :p ). I usually moisturize my hair before adding the baggie seal it with oil and apply just a tad bit of my conditioner/oil in the baggie itself, wrap my ends around a roller and apply the baggie and secure it with a scrunchie.

When I wake up in the morning my hair is really wet? Is my hair suppossed to be wet after baggying? I haven't received any breakage. But I am worried because I know hair is most weak when it's wet and I don't want my hair to be in the state of constant weakness. I hope you all are understanding my concern. How does your hair feel after you baggie? Is it wet or moist? Maybe I am adding too much moisturizer to it:confused:

Catina72

Well my hair is moist not wet but I don't use as much to bag the hair! I only use a s curl moisturizer and wrap the baggie over the hair, I secure with a satin scrunchie. I also switch the ponytail nightly. Sometimes high, in the middle, low, or even two ponytails with a part down the middle(using two baggies,two scrunchies). I've done the baggie method since mid May and I love it.

ayoung

When I first started--i was putting too much for my hair b/c my hair would be wet the next day and I did end up seeing breakage.

Now, I don't put alot of the scurl/conditioner spray b/c I just want moist hair, or even a tad damp when I wake up--but not wet. I've been having way better results.

I put shea butter, a tad of conditioner spray and a squirt or 2 of scurl.

tallygirl

I baggie nightly, and have been for about 6 weeks now. I use S-curl to only moisturize. My hair feels moist in the morning, but certainly not wet.

MizaniMami

Okay, I figured it out. I think I am using waayy too much moisturizer. I will try cutting it down some. Thanks ladies. And keep up the good work!

Gryphyn

You could also try poking holes in the baggy, that might prevent your hair from getting so wet. HTH