Question to all Affirm users!!!

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
I've just bought the Affirm lye relaxer and would like to know all the steps of the affirm system. I used to have my hair relaxed with affirm back in the day, but I never paid any attention then. I only remember the relaxer, the 5 in one reconstructor, bur what else does the full system consist of? I'm not in a hurry to relax because I'm doing the stretch your relaxer challenge and I'm trying to go 5 or 6 months,(I've gone 4 and 1/2 so far).I want to make sure I get the full system before doing anything to my hair. Can anyone help???
Thanks
Wildflower

The system also includes :Affirm Normalizing Shampoo, Positive link conditioner and the 5 n 1 Reconstructor. I'm not sure if there's anything else in the line though. Avlon makes lots of different products. Here's a link to Sheldeez. You can take a look at some Avlon products. Sheldeez

The stuff that I got was from Sheldeez, but I need to know what products and in what order I should use them. Thanks anyway Armyqt.

Oh, Ok. sorry girl. I did try looking on the Avlon website, but it doesn't giv out much info to non-professionals. Hope you get your question answered.

You put the Protecto on your hair, but not the new growth
nono.gif
, relax, rinse and for me I use the 5 n 1 first before I neutralize than after I rinse the 5 n 1 I neutralize than I use a very good moisturizing conditioner. I hope this helps.

I am pretty sure that the steps are:

1)Gentle Assurance for the scalp and Protecto on everything but the new growth to keep from overlapping.
2)Put relaxer in.
3)5 N1 Reconstuctor (I like this better than the Positve Link).
4)Wash with Normalizing Shampoo.

This is copied from the booklet that was on display at a salon's beauty supply store. The booklet is a professional user's guide for the Affirm conditioning relaxer system with protecto.

Step 1: Affirm Gentle Assurance Sensitive Scalp Protector- A unique base creme designed to protect the skin adjacent to the hairline areas and to enhance the comfort of scalp-sensitive clients.

Step 2: Affirm Protector- A patented organic Biocomplex, applied along the entire hairshaft, especially to new growth area, prior to relaxing.

Step 3: Affirm Creme Relaxer- Available in 3 formulas: Original (sodium hydroxide), Control (time release sodium hydroxide), and Dry hair & sensitive scalp (guanidine hydroxide) in mild, normal, and resistant strengths.(The control formula is available in only one strength, suitable for normal and resistant textures)

Step 4: Affirm 5 In 1 Reconstructor (for damaged or limp hair) OR Affirm Positive Link (for medium or coarse hair). Apply immediately after rinsing relaxer from hair and before the normalizing shampoo.

Step 5: Affirm Normalizing Shampoo- Lather turns from pink to white when normalization is complete.

Thank you all for answering my question!!!
I bought all the products and now I know in what order to use them.
bouncy.gif

Back