Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor-follow up w/ mois. con?

Islandgirl

To all the Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor users: I used the Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor this weekend as a reconstructor treatment (as opposed to the conditioning after the relaxer). I was wondering do you follow up with a moisturizing conditioner with the the affirm reconstructor? I'm asking because the bottle didn't say so, and i think it is a moisturizing reconstructor, but reconstructors have proteins that are drying to the hair. So I want to know if I used it correctly.

LANYCLADY

I just used it for the first time yesterday, and followed it up with Humecto for three hours. I know the bottle doesn't say to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner, but I am always afraid of protein overload. Anyway, I can recommend the 5 in 1 followed by the Humecto.

mirrormirror

My hairdresswer would use Affirm 5-in-1 after a relaxer, she never followed up with a moiturizing conditioner though. Reconstructors are mild enough to use alone. But u can follow up with a moisturizing conditioner, if u like.

cutebajangirl

The bottle doesn't specifically say to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner, but I normally buy mine from a liscensed distributer that caters to salon workers not a typical BSS and they always have avlon booklets that come out 4x a year and in one of those booklets it said to follow up with Humecto. (It also suggested that with The Sustenance Fortifying conditioner from the Fibergaurd line. Is this really neccessary- I don't know.

pebbles

This is another protein conditioner that I love, and I always follow it up, (or any other protein treatment), with a moisturizing conditioner, like Keracare Humecto.

Islandgirl

Muchas Gracias Ladies!!!
I really needed the advice on that one. My hairdresser in the past always used it after a relaxer and never followed up with a moisturizing conditioner (but it is only applied for 5 minutes then), so i wasn't sure as a reconstructor treatment (30 minutes), how long it would last. Cutebajangirl, thanks especially for telling me about the info from the booklets.

I used it yesterday and didn't follow up with a moisturizing conditioner because it didn't say so on the directions. But, my hair was dry, so I figured that something went wrong. Next time when I try this, I will follow up with my Humecto. Thanks again ladies.