all affirm sen. scalp users

KathyMay

I am relaxing my hair on Saturday with Affirm Sen Scalp relaxer. I purchased the normalizing shampoo but I didn't purchase the Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor. Is it neccesary to purchase it or can I use a deep conditioner instead /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MonaLisa

I'm sure the hard core Affirm users will give better insight.

I took it that the 5 n 1 was the next step after the relaxer. That's what I did when I used it, then neutralized and deep conditioned afterwards with Humecto.

KinksnCurlz

my stylist finishes up with the 5 n 1 ... i believe /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif i know she finishes up with something! LOL

Nice, where r you????

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
The Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor is 'optional'. It is part of the Affirm Relaxer System so it is recommended you get it. You apply it after you rinse the relaxer from your hair. You then rinse then reconstructer and proceed to the Neutralizing Shampoo. You can apply your own conditioner after this or proceed to styling. Here is some information from the Affirm website [ http://www.avlon.com/science/affirm.html ]:

Affirm® 5 in 1 Reconstuctor For Damaged or Fine, Limp Hair
A unique blend of micro- and macrofibrous conditioners that is applied immediately after rinsing the relaxer from the hair and before the normalizing shampoo. Normalizes the pH of hair while substantive conditioners are deposited well within the hair fiber. [Deep conditioning is still possible at this stage because of the upper mantle of the hair is still alkaline (approximate pH of 10.0) and the cuticles remain partially open.

· Re-aligns, seals and smoothes cuticles.
· Detangles.
· Imparts body and volumizes fine, limp hair.
· Enhances shine.

Nenah

I would go ahead with the 5n1 reconstructor it will only help not hurt. /images/graemlins/smile.gif